• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass General Discussion

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
These are the ones I've played.

rabU3Kz.jpg

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Starfield
Forza.

Actually Everspace 2 I played for about 20 mins so I don’t know if it’s fair to include it 😂😂

RoboEight

Starfield
Forza
Redfall

I've played those from the list and Sea of Stars is gonna be next on my list. Funny thing is even though I have game pass I find myself buying more games than playing on game pass plus I also put a lot of time into achievements so I generally take my time from game to game.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Finished Dordogne. 5.75/10.

One of the best art styles of the year. Really cool mix of 3d with 2d watercolor. Some brief moments of interesting tactile minigame things. Unfortunately the story is a total snooze fest and an interesting payoff never materializes. Pacing is glacial. I dont regret playing it but there are better artsy games out there. This team has a ton of potential though for their next game because it was gorgeous.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots

rabU3Kz.jpg

You know when I saw this, I thought maybe ms had released some sort of challenge, play these 50 games in the next 2 weeks or something, and they would light up on the "board". They should do this!

Roberts

Played 43, Finished 21 and 6 or 7 games that you don't really finish (GAAS, online). A bit less than last year, but Starfield took a lot of time and all in all I had way more busy year at work.

So I'm providing a bit of an update adamsapple adamsapple on that FB markertplace deal we talked on the other thread from the main gaming forum. Besides Binary Domain (quite an underrated 3rd person shooter, btw), Lost Odyssey and Driver San Francisco I also snagged Gears 3, The Darkness and The Orange Box (was very surprised that the guy was asking €10 for his copy). Hoping they'll arrive before Xmas, but overall I'm feeling content with all the BC titles I've managed to pick in such a short timeframe. Early next year I'll be looking on picking some GOTY editions on Bethesda games I want to own physically on Xbox (Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3) and some older EA titles.

adamsapple

So I'm providing a bit of an update adamsapple adamsapple on that FB markertplace deal we talked on the other thread from the main gaming forum. Besides Binary Domain (quite an underrated 3rd person shooter, btw), Lost Odyssey and Driver San Francisco I also snagged Gears 3, The Darkness and The Orange Box (was very surprised that the guy was asking €10 for his copy). Hoping they'll arrive before Xmas, but overall I'm feeling content with all the BC titles I've managed to pick in such a short timeframe. Early next year I'll be looking on picking some GOTY editions on Bethesda games I want to own physically on Xbox (Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3) and some older EA titles.

Oh wow, that's a fantastic deal. Orange box is not sold digitally anymore, so you have a genuine rare item on your hands there

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Bethesda always does huge sales around Quakecon

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Got a decent chunk of Lies of P done. It's definitely cool. Not sure I want to continue all the way since it's just a complete Souls clone in every single aspect.

Nice art design though. Combat generally feels pretty good.

Antwix

Got a decent chunk of Lies of P done. It's definitely cool. Not sure I want to continue all the way since it's just a complete Souls clone in every single aspect.

Nice art design though. Combat generally feels pretty good.
Probably my favorite game of the year. I liked it more and more as I played more.

adamsapple

Queue times for xCloud just keep getting worse. 15 minute wait today.

Damn, the most I've seen is 5~ minutes. But I can see lots of (new) people jumping on the service this week.

-

These are the games already confirmed for 2024 coming to game pass.

GCcFYTOXYAAWc7m

DaGwaphics

^ Some interesting games in there.

I've been messing around with Railway Empire, reminds me of the old Railroad Tycoon games. Seems to freeze up on console, but runs fine on PC.

adamsapple

FYI, even though today is the first Tuesday of the month, don't expect game pass announcements today. They didn't do that last year either.

Expect the second Tuesday or Thursday of this week.

Would love to be proven wrong but that's what I believe.

Last edited:

Rockondevil

Everyone else get the Baldur’s Gate I & II notification again?
This is like the 2nd or 3rd time I’ve had it since BG3 released.
Getting real tired of the troll notification as they still aren’t in Game Pass.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Got to Laxative: The Complete in Lies of P. It's been a great time, but I think I'm going to just bail on this one lol. I got her down to like 20% one time. The rest of the time was just a frustrating shit show.

Difficult I can do most of the time, but something about her moveset is just rubbing me the wrong way. Unblockable lighting bolts. Near one shot lightning dash that randomly hits you or your specter regardless of positioning. That bullshit where she just skates around with the red trail behind her, drawing figure 8s on the ground is just offensive lol. Cool your shit lady. I may just watch the end online and move on. I'll probably try it again tonight and see how it goes and make my decision.

Got to Laxative: The Complete in Lies of P. It's been a great time, but I think I'm going to just bail on this one lol. I got her down to like 20% one time. The rest of the time was just a frustrating shit show.

Difficult I can do most of the time, but something about her moveset is just rubbing me the wrong way. Unblockable lighting bolts. Near one shot lightning dash that randomly hits you or your specter regardless of positioning. That bullshit where she just skates around with the red trail behind her, drawing figure 8s on the ground is just offensive lol. Cool your shit lady. I may just watch the end online and move on. I'll probably try it again tonight and see how it goes and make my decision.
You need to do a lot of running (low stamina use perk is useful here) and waiting for openings in phase 1. In phase 2 you need to bring out Perfection Grindstone or consistently perform parries on the Lightning and barrages. It helps if you have LV2+ Flamberge Legion Arm in Phase 1 to destroy back shield. It also helps if you have the Friendship Wishstones with 2 cubes to keep the summon alive into phase 2. Since you did not buy it feel free to bail, but you will probably want to come back to it at some point. Only two bosses remain after her and one is the optional secret ending boss.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Anyone know if there are any cool tricks out there to get GP for $1 per month or something like there used to be?

Just the trials, but I think they've reduced it from a month to 14 days.

Otherwise, the cheapest way is doing the Rewards stuff (free) or the cheapest way to get bulk months is conversion from Gold/Core to GPU.

https://www.eneba.com often has game pass codes on discount, you can check there too (It's reliable, I've used them before)

Anyone know if there are any cool tricks out there to get GP for $1 per month or something like there used to be?

Change region to Turkey, put Turkish address in you CC details. N ow you buy at Turskish store prices. GPU is $3.5 a month and a lot of games are much cheaper then the US/UK. Same thing goes for Argentina store except they only accept Master Card. Turkish store accepts both Visa or MC.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Been playing Pillars of Eternity. The writing is generally pretty awesome. Some of it does seem a bit too verbose, even for this style. Battles are not really fun. Put it on the easiest mode after about 6 hrs. UI is cumbersome. The main thing that stands out is the lore is extremely cool.

DaGwaphics

rabU3Kz.jpg

Just noticed this. Damn, you've been doing a great job keeping up with these. I've still got to get to Lies of P, Atomic Heart, both Like a Dragon games, etc.

I keep getting distracted by older games I haven't played yet, playing Far Cry 5 now and enjoying it.

Been playing Pillars of Eternity. The writing is generally pretty awesome. Some of it does seem a bit too verbose, even for this style. Battles are not really fun. Put it on the easiest mode after about 6 hrs. UI is cumbersome. The main thing that stands out is the lore is extremely cool.
I really enjoyed the first one but didn't get into the 'pirate' theme of the second. I think it's because I'd just come off DOS2. Wish they'd stuck with a similar setting to the first.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I really enjoyed the first one but didn't get into the 'pirate' theme of the second. I think it's because I'd just come off DOS2. Wish they'd stuck with a similar setting to the first.
I havent tried it yet but I can respect it for being a little different. Not too many pirate rpgs. Seems theyre doing the elder scrolls method with each game being in a completely different region. Avowed is the living lands so I guess theyre all different each game.

I havent tried it yet but I can respect it for being a little different. Not too many pirate rpgs. Seems theyre doing the elder scrolls method with each game being in a completely different region. Avowed is the living lands so I guess theyre all different each game.
Yeah, I think if I hadn;t just come off DOS2 I would have really enjoyed the setting. Just bad timing for me!

Enjoying some Persona 3 while traveling, the system requirements are also fairly low able to bring in my Xbox saves seamlessly to the laptop.

2OiOStG.jpg

Still haven’t started it yet. But that’s one of my favorite things about the Xbox ecosystem, seamless transfers of saves across all the devices you want to play on. Even the cloud. Shit is crazy, especially compared to the competition.

DaGwaphics

Anyone else having trouble with Madden 24? It keeps downloading but then I just have the 10hrs of free access that comes with EA play. The announcement said this would be coming on the 8th. 🤷‍♂️

Topher

Gold Member
Started up Everspace 2. I'm in shock that anyone compared this to Starfield in any way. Its just so much lesser. Its ... alright.

I'd say the two are quite comparable as far as space traversal and combat, but other than that, not much. Obviously Everspace 2 is completely devoid of planetside interactions. Just story "cutscenes" if you want to call it that. I thought it was a great game though.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'd say the two are quite comparable as far as space traversal and combat, but other than that, not much. Obviously Everspace 2 is completely devoid of planetside interactions. Just story "cutscenes" if you want to call it that. I thought it was a great game though.
I'm at the beginning. I'll stick with it for a bit. I love space, but its kinda rough so far.

Top Bottom