• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass General Discussion

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Oh My George Takai GIF

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I got Game Pass for PC recently to try it out and it's pretty damn awesome. Nice to play through the Halo series on PC, brings back a lot of memories from my time on Xbox.
If you skipped last gen like I did try Quantum Break. Has a whole show that goes with it too, live action. Its like a cheesy sci fi channel show mixed with sci fi Uncharted. Controls are a little dated but it was still lots of fun.

My daughter keeps asking the whole family who wants to play Party Animals. My son has to hold back trashing us all in 5 seconds. You have to love party games.

More party and coop games Xbox, keep em coming.

adamsapple

2 day-1 game pass games from Sega releasing next month.

Sega x MS is alive and kicking all the way back from the OG Xbox days.

adamsapple

You guys think this deserves a thread of its own ?

Independent analysis firm Omdia estimates Game Pass is at 41 million subscribers right now, and half of them will be subbed to the Ultimate tier by the end of 2023.

Omdia notes that PlayStation Plus is actually ahead with an estimated 50.1 million subscribers in 2023, compared to 41.7 million on Xbox (if you factor in users on Game Pass Core, formerly Xbox Live Gold). But it adds that Xbox Game Pass is ahead of PS Plus in regards to the tier mix and pricing structure.

"We estimate that nearly half of Xbox Game Pass subscribers will be on the Ultimate tier at the end of 2023," says Jijiashvili. "This is in stark contrast to PS Plus, which we estimate around two-thirds will be on the cheapest Essential tier."

Antwix

Independent analysis firm Omdia estimates Game Pass is at 41 million subscribers right now, and half of them will be subbed to the Ultimate tier by the end of 2023.

I think so. I don't think there's been any other reports of the number of game pass subs recently, at least that I've seen.

Nice. Sure fire away.

DaGwaphics

Anyone else going to give Rollerdrome a go when it drops?

Looks like one of those games that could be fun in a unique way or could be a total flameout. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Anyone else going to give Rollerdrome a go when it drops?

Looks like one of those games that could be fun in a unique way or could be a total flameout. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
I bought it on PS and was very let down. Its probably not too bad to try for "free" though. Cool art style. I may give it another shot.

BlackTron

I got Game Pass for PC recently to try it out and it's pretty damn awesome. Nice to play through the Halo series on PC, brings back a lot of memories from my time on Xbox.
If you snipe a sale you can also get the whole collection on Steam for like ten dollars. Well, to be fair, maybe that was life before the ABK deal lol

Pantz

Planet of Lana sucks.
Just want to say that.

Finished it a while back and it was so boring. How can it have such positive reviews, I wonder.
The art seems like it should be pretty, but it doesn't pop at all. It just looks flat and boring.
It's so uninteresting to look at I would be holding right on the controller while looking at stuff on a different screen until reaching the next boring forced puzzle segment.
No voice dialogue, just the character saying nya nya woo woo. Could care less if the aliens ate them.
You get some high speed movement for about 1 minute and that was the most fun part of the game.

I'd say it's one of the most overrated game of all time.

Pallas

Gold Member
Not sure where I could post this without making a thread, so I’m going to post here and hopefully have some clarity.

I found that a lot of sites that sell digital codes have a month of game pass ultimate pretty cheap currently. Now these codes aren’t stackable but I should be able to buy like 6-12 of these and just use it when the sub expires in a month?

adamsapple

Not sure where I could post this without making a thread, so I’m going to post here and hopefully have some clarity.

I found that a lot of sites that sell digital codes have a month of game pass ultimate pretty cheap currently. Now these codes aren’t stackable but I should be able to buy like 6-12 of these and just use it when the sub expires in a month?

Before buying them make sure that those are not codes which are only for new accounts (aka Trial codes), woot sold a bunch of codes like that and had to refund them.

The cheapest way to get a bulk amount of Game Pass is to convert gold or core to ultimate.

Last edited:

Pallas

Gold Member
Before buying them make sure that those are not codes which are only for new accounts (aka Trial codes), woot sold a bunch of codes like that and had to refund them.

The cheapest way to get a bulk amount of Game Pass is to convert gold or core to ultimate.
Ill buy one just to be safe and try it, im only considering this method right now because they’re really, really cheap right now.

Pallas

Gold Member

Yeaaah it’s a trial code without saying it’s a trial code I guess. I knew it was too good to be true. Only lost $1.50, I’ll gift it to a friend.

Kind of scummy that they are not saying it’s only for new users only.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Played a little bit of Dordogne yesterday. I'll probably finish it. It's alright, not amazing so far.

Art style is extremely, extremely good. Looks like a living painting.
There are some slightly interesting interactive segments where you have to manually do everyday life actions. Opening things and sorting through objects, etc, making a scrapbook by actually picking your design and manually applying stickers, etc.
Story so far is very slow and not doing it for me yet.

Jesb

Any one know if xcloud is gonna be getting everything on game pass eventually? What about games you own? I’d like to try a few games on gamepass that’s not in xcloud. Also how often do they update xcloud with new games?

adamsapple

Any one know if xcloud is gonna be getting everything on game pass eventually? What about games you own? I’d like to try a few games on gamepass that’s not in xcloud. Also how often do they update xcloud with new games?

Maybe, there were some rumors about it last year. Now that Sony is staring to do it, MS will probably do it too, soon.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Chapter 4 of Dordogne. Game is very, very chill and laid back. A little too boring to recommend. Going to finish it since the art style is phenomenal. 3D watercolor. Just going to a market was a bit of an event. They needed someone to write a better story though, so far.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Tin Hearts is great so far. Very sincere and charming Christmas puzzle game. Play it with a cup of hot chocolate.

Just finishing the 20 minute prologue convinced me its good. Reminds me of Humanity but there's some interesting twists. Controls are a little cumbersome but its a minor inconvenience. On to Act 1.

MikeM

Far Cry 6 just hit PC GP and wow does it look good with JD textures at 4k maxxed. Too bad no achievements tho

Top Bottom