• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox gamers, have you moved over to PC?

Xbox gamers, have you moved over to PC?

• Total voters

Fredrik

Day 1 releases, Gamepass, Xbox account and Achievements intact, no online gaming paywall, mods, better graphics and framerates, still the same controller if you want. Even Playstation games can be found there.

So Xbox gamers, have you made the move?

React Reaction GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Roberts

I used to be a PC gamer until around 2010 when I became a freelancer, got myself a mac at home to work on, so the idea of playing games on a monitor didn’t look as appealing anymore. At first I connected my old pc to a TV but after a while I realised consoles are just so much more convenient. I will not lie - I have been daydreaming about getting a PC but not to a point where it becomes a necessity.

Jesb

Yeah.....I sold my XSX last year because it seemed redundant with PC.

A 4080 is not the only option for PC GPUs. Do you know this, right?
Aware but a lot of guys moving over will do so with a top of the line setup or close.

Iced Arcade

Nope. I like the adorable price and ease of consoles myself.

Maybe next Gen I'll hold back buying the next Xbox/PS and go PC but I dunno.

salva

Ive always had both. And over the years it's just getting better with cross-save/progression.
Primarily game on Xbox in the lounge, and sometimes on my PC. I work in the study M-F on my PC so most times I hate being back in there of a night gaming.

rapid32.5

Not really, only buy PC for work under $499 and Xbox for gaming in the same price range, so I’m good for five years on both fronts. Developers don’t make cutting edge visuals anymore like they used to, we are at the point of diminishing returns and budgeting is not there for the majority of developers.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Almost.

For new games, yes. But I use it for back compat.
Yeah backwards compatibility is a problem. Should sort itself out eventually through enulation but likely not with physical media usable and Achievements intact, MS should let their BC team work on PC for awhile.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Have thought about it.

Have decided I'll wait for the next lot of GPU's to be announced and reviewed. I suppose that itself is halfway to being a PC gamer.

amigastar

Sure. If that is their choice. Not the only option and there are much better values for the money.
Agreed, i have an RTX 4070 and i'm fully satisfied. I don't know for how long but still.
Anyways i don't need an XBox because i play all these games on PC.

Last edited:

Fredrik

I don't know but you PC Gamers are starting to act just like them .
In what way?

I think it’s a fair assumption that there is some migration going on, from PS too but Xbox is a tiny platform going by the primary platform poll thread so I focus on that here. I doubt Xbox gamers have just stopped gaming or that they’ve all left the board.

Killjoy-NL

In what way?

I think it’s a fair assumption that there is some migration going on, from PS too but Xbox is a tiny platform going by the primary platform poll thread so I focus on that here. I doubt Xbox gamers have just stopped gaming or that they’ve all left the board.
Most Xbox gamers will jump to Playstation. Hence why Playstation is drastically outselling Xbox.

Bkdk

Never liked halo or gears but love AOE, AOM. Been playing these games non stop for 2 decades at this point Still playing AOE and AOM from time to time. MS should ditch their console IPs and focus on PC titles again. Make PC as primary platform for elder scrolls 6.

freefornow

Gold Member
No for me, but only because there wasn't a "not yet" option.
I can see myself going there, but the positive and negatives of both seem to balance each othger out for me at this point in time.
Every time I watch a DF video and they are dialing in the dozens of settings/options it seems like a bit of work. With the limited free time available to me these days, I just want to fall into couch and play. That is the lure of the console for me.

Last edited:

lachesis

Not so far - but if current overlapping of games continue, I think I may go with PC and Nintendo for next gen for sure, dropping both PS and Xbox.

I haven turned on my PS5 nor XSX for a very long time. I will keep my library and all, and keep my consoles- but not sure I will jump onto the next gen so quickly like I normally have done. (Day1 since 16bit days)

And when my gamepass ultimate runs out next year - I may just downgrade to PC only gamepass at cheaper price.

Not really that much of an 'Xbox gamer' but my Series X has been unplugged surrounded by discarded fast food wrappers for over a year at this point. It just wasn't that necessary as more online games became crossplay and I could just play with Xbox friends while on my PC.

On the other hand PS5 is the first major home console I haven't purchased since Gamecube.
harrison ford jones GIF

Yeah I know weird thousand-year old Crusader guy you didn't have to rub it in.

draliko

I moved away from all consoles, left them to my kids, I much prefer gaming on pc, but in reality iive not really moved to pc, always been a pc gamer I simply left console space after being multiplat for the last 20 years

acm2000

Fuck no, last pc I had was a gtx1060 but I went back to console because it's cheap to buy, cheap to run and no more faffing about.

At the age of 42 I have zero interest in spending £70 on a video game so game pass is perfect, I'd rather spend that money on really good food.

twilo99

Never liked halo or gears but love AOE, AOM. Been playing these games non stop for 2 decades at this point Still playing AOE and AOM from time to time. MS should ditch their console IPs and focus on PC titles again. Make PC as primary platform for elder scrolls 6.

PC should be the main platform for the whole industry but unfortunately we are stuck in a console world

Fredrik

Most Xbox gamers will jump to Playstation. Hence why Playstation is drastically outselling Xbox.
In the mainstream segment, sure. But here? I don’t know I see nothing of that going by talk. (maybe I have too many on ignore, sorry)

Meanwhile PC is growing, rapidly, and Xbox to PC is such a smooth transition, besides cost. Any enthusiast gamer must’ve thought about it. Baldur’s Gate 3 delayed on Xbox, first on PC. GAF’s favorite Starfield 30fps on Xbox, 100+ fps on PC plus mods. Playstation games on Xbox lol nah, on PC delayed 1-2 years. Higher cost but so worth it imo. Admittedly I’m highly biased though, making a full PC transition in the living room this year, only keeping the Switch.

Last edited:

Alan Wake

No. For the first time ever I have thought about it, though. I've always been a console gamer so after the latest developments (and to be honest the road Xbox has been on for quite some time added to the fact that their first party projects almost never delivers), I'll be playing more and more on my PS5 from now on.

Killjoy-NL

In the mainstream segment, sure. But here? I don’t know I see nothing of that going by talk. (maybe I have too many on ignore, sorry)

Meanwhile PC is growing, rapidly, and Xbox to PC is such a smooth transition, besides cost. Any enthusiast gamer must’ve thought about it. Baldur’s Gate 3 delayed on Xbox, first on PC. GAF’s favorite Starfield 30fps on Xbox, 100+ fps on PC plus mods. Playstation games on Xbox lol nah, on PC delayed 1-2 years. Higher cost but so worth it imo. Admittedly I’m highly biased though, making a full PC transition in the living room this year, only keeping the Switch.
Gaf is in no way representative of the market.

In fact, Gaf is inside a tiny bubble that more often than not is out of touch with reality.

This poll is on GAF, I’m not trying to do a market analysis here
I think you just trying to troll.

But since you want to do market data. Can you please explain to me why a console is called and classed as a console and a PC is called a PC and classed as a PC ?

Alx

No. I used to be a PC gamer, switched to console with the Dreamcast and never looked back. I still have a work PC that could run games, but I never use it for that purpose.

RickMasters

eh.....not necessarily. Someone can have nothing but a Steam Deck and be a PC gamer. But even having Windows doesn't make them a Microsoft customer in the gaming sense like owning Xbox.
Yeah I guess I kinda left steam boxes out of that. Typically when I think of PC gaming I thing it a tower PC, with windows on it. I know that’s how I prefer to play games on my PC, anyways.

I think MS would consider them a MS customer if that system is running windows.

RickMasters

I spent Sunday swapping out a dead ASUS Thor PSU for a new one, because I couldn’t wait on RMA ( I still RMA’d it this morning but I’ll keep the old one as a spare when it comes back) . While I was at it I used a few cans of air to clean the Motherboard…. Then I brushed the dust off my fans…… Swapped out one of my Corsair fans because for some reason it was not accepting lighting changes from Icue link….

Console gamers do NOT want to do any of the things I mentioned above. They just to turn it on…. Boot up in a few seconds and start playing. It’s NEVERthat simple with a PC and

DeVeAn

Every time I think about building a PC I remember why I didn’t like it. I don’t like mouse and keyboard for games. Game pads usually work not always. I don’t enjoy desk and chair. It’s not easy to play on couch and TV I’ve tried multiple times different ways.

Also, the games I enjoy most usually have crap ports on PC. On and on.

So if everyone’s wish comes true and Xbox folds I’d play on Nintendo or PlayStation.

RickMasters

How does one move when I have and use everything?

zyL6e5X.jpg
This guy was so cheap on fatal fury 1-3….. and that goddamn move…. What’s he say again?….. “powerwaaaay” and then he miraculously seems to follow up, with another move, no frame break… …… man, fuck terry bogart! 😅😅

RickMasters

Got me a new PC, gonna check out whats the deal with game pass now
The third party game selection does differ a bit. But you have pretty much all the same firsy party stuff. But in the PC version you can play death stranding. Assuming you got a power ful enough GPU it looks pretty sweet.

Exede

The third party game selection does differ a bit. But you have pretty much all the same firsy party stuff. But in the PC version you can play death stranding. Assuming you got a power ful enough GPU it looks pretty sweet.
Played Death Stranding on PS4 was a nice game.
Got me a RTX 4070 Ti Super

Top Bottom