• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox gamers, have you moved over to PC?

Xbox gamers, have you moved over to PC?

• Total voters
Is that wood?
You bet it is.

64cok1pj1yt51.jpg

Buggy Loop

The average PC is probably barely capable of matching a Series S if you look at the Steam hardware survey.

Do you? Do you?

26% Ampere
10.4% Ada
3.21% RDNA 2
0.34% RDNA 3

40% of steam hardware survey have better hardware than series S and I could probably go and add in RTX 2000 series cards into this easily. If you remove every steam users that logs with an intel laptop to play counterstrike or some poor as fuck countries with x86 potatoes, the majority of Steam is playing on more capable hardware than a Series S.

The PC elitists who think everyone is running at 4K

PC gamers generally know 4k is a stupid and a waste of resources.

with a 4090 and pulling 500w out of the wall to run a game with a slightly better effect than a $300 Xbox which you don't even notice unless you go pixel peeping are a tiny minority.

Barely anyone owns a 4090 by statistics but if you think that a 4090 is only "slightly better effects" than a Series S unless you go pixel peeping...

Spider Man Lol GIF

Xbox gamers wouldn't even dare to say there's no differences between series S and series X, but here comes Elysium44 Elysium44 with those takes.

btw I do do some tinkering on PC - you have to because most games need it. I used a guide to get TLOU pt1 running better than it does using the in-game options. Whereas if I'd just played it on PS5 it would have worked perfectly without any messing about.

Ah yes, the acclaimed worst PC port of 2023 is such a reference to base everything on. The kind of ports that even day 1 script kiddies found obvious flaws such as the compression algorithm version being wrong. Let's blame that on PC and not the junior devs locked in a room to port this shit. A game that when at low settings looked worse than the PS3 version and still used more VRAM than Plague Tale Requiem at ultra settings. Brilliant conclusion, you do have to tinker to fix the worst port of 2023, that settles it.

Meanwhile

Jedi survivor pixel soup on consoles :

star-wars-jedi-ocalaly-optymalizacja-3.jpg

I wish I could tinker it

Senua

No, you didn't. You haven't the 1st clue of what spec PCs people have. So are PC gamers with Rysen 7 onboard graphics going to get a current gen console experience for the likes of Alan Wake 2
This wasn't the discussion we were having, because quite frankly, it's moronic.

Fredrik

So, I'm getting a brand new ROG Scar with a 4080, selling the Series X and never looking back. Buying a second power cable so I can just move the thing between office and couch easily.

...hell, if Sony keep it up with the PC releases and go anywhere near day and date, that white fat bastard will be going too.
I’m doing that move very very soon. Not selling anything but I’m going to evaluate not using a Xbox or PS for a year or two. Waiting for PC versions of Sony’s games is going to be the biggest hurdle but I’ve already started on FFXVI and Spider-Man 2 and it’s been alright, once the launch hype is gone the FOMO is gone too. I’ll hopefully have the living room PC ready for the Forbidden West release in a month.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I prefer to play on my couch on my Xbox actually.

But when they lock shit to 30 fps on console like they did with Starfield, it's a big fat no.

Holy shit. There are reasons to stay or go with PC, or whatever platform of their choice. Even for goblins, smurfs, or toddlers. Some people just like what they're used to. That could go either way. I prefer PC, but other peeps might not.

Last edited:
moved to pc? No I was always on pc after ps2, after that I just got consoles if I wanted to play something on them; didn't find anything I really wanted to play on ps4/5 so now it's just pc, xsx and switch.

CPUs stagnated during that time, Intel barely moved the needle from 4th gen to 10th gen in terms of IPC. The PS4 CPU is as weak as piss. Although in spite of that, the PS4 even today in 2024 manages to run games WAY better than a PC with any sort of equivalent specs can do (GTX 750 equivalent). You need a much more beefy PC to keep up with it.

Um what? The PS4 GPU is like way more powerful than that. It's like a good 30% or better in theory. Matter of fact, it's 33 to 66% more powerful. A ps4 gpu is inbetween a 7850 and a 7870.

Techpower up

Elysium44

Banned
Um what? The PS4 GPU is like way more powerful than that. It's like a good 30% or better in theory. Matter of fact, it's 33 to 66% more powerful. A ps4 gpu is inbetween a 7850 and a 7870.

Techpower up

750Ti then. I used to have one of those, it was a pretty capable card. I wasn't being derogatory to the PS4, just being honest about its relatively lowly specs on paper. The 'on paper' part is important because an actual PS4 often performs way better than a PC would do with the same type of specs.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I’ve put no, but I have sold my Xbox and I’m not going back. Will probably get a Deck in the future, and will play M$ games on Nintendo platforms if they are good (MCC, Sea of Thieves etc).

Senua

750Ti then. I used to have one of those, it was a pretty capable card. I wasn't being derogatory to the PS4, just being honest about its relatively lowly specs on paper. The 'on paper' part is important because an actual PS4 often performs way better than a PC would do with the same type of specs.
Eh not really, because almost no one on PC had a CPU that garbage

Mortisfacio

I switched to PC primarily in the 360/PS3 gen. I do have a Series X in the living room, but it's really just my son that plays it. I threw Game Pass on it so he can play it and when the cousins come over they hop on like Minecraft or Gang Beasts or whatever and have a good time. My daughter and I stick to PC. I was PC/PlayStation last gen, but everything besides Bloodborne came to PC or sucked (Horizon) so I decided to skip PS5 this gen. Currently the only notable title I can't play is GoW: Rag (which I technically can play on my PS4, but don't want to), but for one game I'm OK waiting until the PC release.

Last edited:

nikos

I've been on PC since before Xbox existed, but I did sell my XSX pretty shortly after purchasing it because there was no reason to own it. I'd have kept it if I wasn't primarily a PC gamer, or if it had any exclusives I was interested in.

I respect Microsoft for supporting PC as much as they do, as they should.

Js562

I have every console but I play mostly on Xbox. The back log is too big and that won't be changing anytime soon

Nah, my collection on Xbox is too big now, and most of those are not play anywhere titles. I also don't have $1500 lying around to get myself a new PC.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I did last year. Could not possibly be happier with the switch.

There's still something magical every time I turn on my system and get to choose between PC exclusives, Xbox exclusives, PS5 exclusives, Switch exclusives, and endless classic games, all running at 4k+ resolutions, all accessible from one super clean UI:

53556362471_c60ffce127_o.png

So damn cool.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
I have an XBSX but I hardly turn it on. I have definitely moved over to PC for Microsoft Gaming/Xbox games.

NeonDelta

I did last year. Could not possibly be happier with the switch.

There's still something magical every time I turn on my system and get to choose between PC exclusives, Xbox exclusives, PS5 exclusives, Switch exclusives, and endless classic games, all running at 4k+ resolutions, all accessible from one super clean UI:

53556362471_c60ffce127_o.png

So damn cool.
What is the name of this ui?

GriffinCorp

I have a pc but prefer Xbox / ps from the couch.
Same. I just built a new PC this year but I still love grabbing a controller and jumping on the couch to relax for a couple of hours. I like PC gaming but consoles have a great convenience to them, they just work, no worrying about this setting or than setting.

I do feel that Xbox only has one maybe two more consoles before they go 3rd party. I plan on getting the PS5 Pro and getting some great exclusives.

Top Bottom