• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games with Gold July: Guacamelee/Max (Xbox One), Gotham City/Battleblock (360)

Jomjom

Banned
Yeah the "they just started" is a BS excuse. A better one would be: "after E3 and with the new model lots of people are joining XBL gold for the first time in July. It would be unfair if they missed out on a gem like Max."

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Mhee, I stop here. Can't take you serious anymore sorry.

What? Sony has not pulled a 180 like MS did, that is what I am confused about. Sure Sony was a fucking joke for a few years at the launch of the PS3, but they never changed the architecture of the system (unless you count Linux support). We may just have different definitions of 180 degree position changes.

Except everyone actually read this release:

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/xbox-delivering-more-choices

Nowhere does it mention only one title per month there, not even in the fine print. They tell you Xbox One is getting Games with Gold and announce two titles for June, what would make you think it's only one title per month? I don't think anyone in that Gaf thread about this release thought it was only one title per month. I didn't read reports from any journalists that it was only one title per month (in fact, some reported it was two).

Microsoft didn't lie to us, they just deliberately misled us. It continues the wave of anti-consumer policies they've been putting in place since last year, and I find it troubling. As a gamer who loved his Xbox and Xbox 360 more than the other consoles from those generations, it's just frustrating how badly Microsoft is handling things this generation.

Yea, I see your point. It is unfortunate they can't offer 2 games. Maybe later on they'll start doing it as they get more games to work with. I'm happy we're getting games at least now on the XB1. Better than none.

Although I think it's a bit of a stretch to call it "anti-consumer"...

jond76

Banned
I feel like I need to take the time compare the people in here complaining, and the people in the Gamestop free $5 thread harvesting 100s of dollars... Might be interesting. Oh well, I'm on my phone.

Gucamelee is old as hell though or is this the first time its been on the MS ecosystem?

Yup, first time launching on a MS console.

And sure it's old and some of us have probably played it through numerous times on the Vita/PS3, but it's still a fantastic game and I'm extremely happy to see it hit current gen consoles.

Now if only MS would re-release Shadow Complex.

Yup, first time launching on a MS console.

And sure it's old and some of us have probably played it through numerous times on the Vita/PS3, but it's still a fantastic game and I'm extremely happy to see it hit current gen consoles.

Now if only MS would re-release Shadow Complex.

Now that would be awesome.

Guacamelee is not on 360 yet.

If thats true than its a good addition. More people should definitely play it.

morpix

I got the Guacamelee Platinum and played it on both the PS3 and Vita. Can't wait to give it another go on the Xbox. Such a great game.

Krakn3Dfx

Kind of disingenuous to state GwG will include 2 games a month if one of those games is just a holdover from the previous month. Hopefully it doesn't represent a trend.

SirKhalid

Kind of disingenuous to state GwG will include 2 games a month if one of those games is just a holdover from the previous month. Hopefully it doesn't represent a trend.

One new xbox one game per month (read the bottom print). Not sure why a lot of you were expecting two. I thought they said June was a special month due to the start of the program and E3.

Ggpl2y4.jpg

Bump for the new page I guess.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

It does represent a trend, read the fine print:

One new xbox one game per month (read the bottom print). Not sure why a lot of you were expecting two. I thought they said June was a special month due to the start of the program and E3.

Ggpl2y4.jpg

chrizzz09

So for GwG for 360 are two Arcade titles...i don't like were this is going.

360 Games with Gold is going to have a terrible slow death...

JLck

I'm more interested in why no retail release for Xbox 360?

They've had one every month previously for almost a year now, this is the first month without?

It's not like there's a shortage of retail games to use. They have ones that are incredibly old and must make no money anymore so it makes no sense to me.

Katsa

Banned

Ggpl2y4.jpg

Yikes. I guess my expectations were too high for Microsoft. At least they don't have a paywall now....I guess.

SirKhalid

They've had one every month previously for almost a year now, this is the first month without?

It's not like there's a shortage of retail games to use. They have ones that are incredibly old and must make no money anymore so it makes no sense to me.

Nah, there was a month with A World of Keflings and Iron Brigade.

Except no matter how cheaply Microsoft is able to secure a given 3rd party retail game, there's no doubt they were able to secure Gotham City Imposters for cheaper.

Defect

Lol at people saying this is disappointing. The only bad thing is Max staying.

Battleblock is great and so is Gotham. Barely played Guac on Pc but I heard good things about it.

93xfan

Banned
This! Everyone complaining about Max but Guacamelee being free as a new game is pretty damn big. I can't wait to try it.

Sony gives many new games for free. Also, Guacamelee has been out for a long time. This one just includes all the dlc that has already been out for a while.

Son Of D

With the steam sale and PS+ having it me to.

I think it's on sale on Xbox One anyway. Or it was recently. If that's the case then it makes sense as to why it's not free since that'll piss off people who bought it in the recent sale.

There had to have been something at the last minute (such as a new game release being delayed or negotiations regarding a game they had in mind to put up failing) for Max to be a GwG again.

I don't know why people are surprised at one game on xbox one, it was announced that Max would be available until August and Halo until July, so writing was on the wall for one new game a month.

Ok looks like I was wrong. Wonder why that's the case though.

JLck

Except no matter how cheaply Microsoft is able to secure a given 3rd party retail game, there's no doubt they were able to secure Gotham City Imposters for cheaper.

They could give us a first party game for even cheaper no? I can't imagine Viva Pinata is making them any money.

Top Bottom