• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Gamescon Media Briefing / Showcase

nib95

Banned
Gamespot stream.

Microsoft really wants to get the word out that they've streamlined their publishing process. After taking lots of flak over their slow, expensive publishing and patching processes on Xbox 360, it seems they've got the message from their rivals at PlayStation and Steam.

TwitterGeoffrey Tim @WobblyOnion
Four pillars: two free debits to developers. And every retail kit eventually a devkit

Harrison: Xbox 360 has totaled over a billion dollars in software sales.

Wow

potam

Banned
So how does their indie publishing announcement compare with cboat's truthfact? I thought he said they hadn't decided on a policy

"Harrison back on stage, Xbox one self publishing is what the community wanted. Crafted in partnership with indies."

Microsofts Xbox Community only want Dudebro games and no Indies. Look at those Xbox360 Indie sales.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Wow, might be those. Close enough if it isn't. And cheap. Need new chairs for my kitchen. Thanks. :) Getting knock off Eames from UK is an alternative too, of course.

I'd go for the knockoffs myself; I have a DAW under my desk and I love it to pieces. There's a reason they've become the most enduringly iconic chairs of the 20th century, they look amazing and they're ridiculously comfortable.

Flai

"Tools, resources fully available to indie developers, full suit. Now restrictions. No fees either."

No fees?! WHAT

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
So how does their indie publishing announcement compare with cboat's truthfact? I thought he said they hadn't decided on a policy

I think he was referring to the availability of the SDK on retail units as well as store access, not the policy.

schuey7

Tools, resources fully available to indie developers, full suit. Now restrictions. No fees either.

Four pillars: two free devkits to developers. And every retail kit eventually a devkit.

Great News

edit:The four main pillars of the new publishing process: first two dev kits provided at no cost; full power of the console and services made available to developers; there are no certification and activation fees; a new discovery system for finding new games that ensures smaller ones don't get buried.

Phil Harrison "Every Xbox can eventually become a development kit"

I remember this guy showing the trophy room for PS3...and that went really well....

Top Bottom