• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
IGF Student Showcase Winner Zeit² Finds Publisher, Coming To XBLA
http://www.gamerbytes.com/2010/08/igf_student_showcase_winner_ze.php

Back in 2009 a little game called Zeit² burst into the Independant Games Festival, becoming a showcase winner for the year. Now it appears that they've found a publisher, and in all likeliness it will be coming to consoles.

The game, which mixes a simple side-scrolling shooter and the ability to time travel, has been rated on the Australian classification board, and according to it will be published by Ubisoft.

Zeit² was originally developed for Windows PC and Xbox Live Indie Games using XNA -- though now that it seems that it will be published by someone like Ubisoft, we might see it move over to both Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation Network.

Be aware -- no official announcement has been made, but we should expect one quite soon.

Update: The game has now also been rated by the German USK rating board specifically for Xbox 360.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm not much of a fan of this new thread, it was nice to have a central hub for XBLA. And starting a 2010 thread when the year is over half over... but anyway!

XBLA Releases for the rest of August: http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/08/17/coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-aug-17.aspx

Here is a list of upcoming content scheduled for the Xbox LIVE Marketplace*
Please see the blog post I’ll make for each of these for pricing and/or regional availability.

Summer of Arcade wraps up this week this week with Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

Also remember that if you purchase all five titles, and you’ll receive 1200 Microsoft Points back.

Xbox LIVE Arcade:

August 25: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, 800 Microsoft Points
August 25: Shank, 1200 Microsoft Points

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week** :
Week of August 23:

BioShock 2 Rapture Metro, 400 Microsoft Points
BioShock 2 Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack, 240 Microsoft
BioShock Rosie Big Daddy Outfit 240 Microsoft Points (Male) (Female)
BioShock Watchface Big Daddy Doll, 160 Microsoft Points

Week of August 30:

Zeno Clash Ultimate Edition, 800 Microsoft Points
Aliens vs Predator Swarm Map Pack , 400 Microsoft Points
Alien Breed Episode 1, 400 Microsoft points
Galaga Legions, 400 Microsoft Points
**Special pricing available for Xbox LIVE Gold Members

Xbox Avatar Marketplace:

August 19: WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010
August 26: University Collection Update

Xbox Game Add-Ons

August 25: Snoopy Flying Ace Suppertime of Destruction Pack, 400 Microsoft Points

Remember, on August 31st Dead Rising 2: Case Zero (400 Points) will be coming exclusively to Xbox LIVE. Any status and items you earn in Case Zero will carry over to the full game of Dead Rising 2 when it releases next month.

*Current schedule. Subject to change. All content may not be available in all Xbox LIVE regions.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda Coming To Xbox Live Arcade
http://www.gamerbytes.com/2010/08/ares_extinction_agenda_coming.php?

Back in May the winners of the 2010 Dream.Build.Play competition were revealed -- one of them being A.R.E.S. Today they have revealed that the game will now be coming to the Xbox Live Arcade platform.

A.R.E.S is a side scrolling shooter reminiscent of Metroid and Mega Man X -- run along, shoot stuff and try and not die. It's got a great art style (reminds me a bit of Pulseman) and looks like the gameplay itself is pretty spot on.

A.R.E.S is planning to hit all three screens -- Xbox Live Arcade, PC and also be a part of the Windows Mobile 7 initiative. You can check out a demo of the PC version over at their website

Dynoro

Deathspank sequel achievements are up already: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/deathspank-tov/achievements/
Orque Impostor 10 Convince an Orque Guard you are an Orque
Death of a Penguin 15 Kill the Evil Nun
Primp V.I.P. 10 See all 20 of Madame Primp's Outfits
Well Educated 10 Get an Engineering Degree
Raise Your Mast 10 Go Sailing in a Pirate Ship
Konichiwa 10 Learn to Speak Japanese
Dispenser of Justice 25 Kill 3000 Enemies
To Serve Man 20 Kill Wortten
A True Hero 30 Reach Level 20
Mystic Transport 15 Discover all 44 Teleporting Outhouses
Ruin Christmas 20 Kill Santa Claus
A Tale of Two Endings 25 Watch Both Game Endings

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/18/suda-51-announces-sine-mora-for-xbla-and-psn/
Suda 51 just announced Sine Mora for PSN and Xbox Live Arcade this evening at Gamescom. The horizontal space shmup is being co-developed through a new partnership between Suda's Grasshopper Manufacture and Digital Reality. Grasshopper will provide art direction, music and sound. Digital Reality, perhaps best known as the developer of the Imperium Galactica games, will be publishing the title. The partnership between the two companies will also include "a range of [other] titles," though no information about further releases was forthcoming.

Sine Mora is scheduled for a worldwide Q3 2011 release and will support 3D in the PSN version. The lack of major announcements at this year's convention prompted Suda to joke that "this is going to be the biggest announcement of this Gamescom."

nli10

Dynoro said:
Deathspank sequel achievements are up already: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/deathspank-tov/achievements/
Orque Impostor 10 Convince an Orque Guard you are an Orque
Death of a Penguin 15 Kill the Evil Nun
Primp V.I.P. 10 See all 20 of Madame Primp's Outfits
Well Educated 10 Get an Engineering Degree
Raise Your Mast 10 Go Sailing in a Pirate Ship
Konichiwa 10 Learn to Speak Japanese
Dispenser of Justice 25 Kill 3000 Enemies
To Serve Man 20 Kill Wortten
A True Hero 30 Reach Level 20
Mystic Transport 15 Discover all 44 Teleporting Outhouses
Ruin Christmas 20 Kill Santa Claus
A Tale of Two Endings 25 Watch Both Game Endings

For the right price I can't wait!!

800 for Scot... is amazing.

400 For Dead Rising is perfect too.

Saving points was wise.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Gonna have to find out if the BioShock 2 DLC is worth it.

And I'm sure that FEZ isn't finished either, they haven't posted a thing about the game at the official site in ages...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
THQ reveals DLC for Red Faction: Battlegrounds

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/19/thq-reveals-dlc-for-red-faction-battlegrounds/

Red Faction is kind of a big deal -- maybe you didn't know? The franchise is getting its fourth full retail game early next year (Red Faction: Armageddon), a television tie-in on SyFy (Red Faction: Origins), and even a downloadable title for XBLA, PSN, and PC (Red Faction: Battlegrounds). The downloadable property, however, will be getting tied to the other Red Faction ... things in production. Speaking with StrategyInformer, a THQ rep said that two downloadable content packs will be released for Battlegrounds, one of which contains extra vehicles, while the other will somehow tie to the forthcoming Syfy show.

Furthermore, Achievements (and presumably Trophies as well) from Battlegrounds will unlock content in Armageddon, though it wasn't made clear what type of content that will be (the coveted ostrich hammer, perchance?). Battlegrounds will be available sometime in "early 2011."

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So, is anyone planning to make a Shank OT? I'm kinda suprised there isn't more talk of it, seeing as it's coming out next week.

Looking forward to it and SP next week! Even more so after seeing the SP movie last night, and really enjoying it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Jtyettis said:
Wondering what is on the slate after Plants Versus Zombies in Sept.

Hopefully KoF 2002UM and KoF Skystage. I know others were mentioned on and off somewhere, but that's what I want most ^_^

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Zombies!!! Board Game Still Headed for Xbox Live Arcade
http://www.1up.com/news/zombies-board-game-live-arcade

An Xbox Live Arcade version of the popular Zombies!!! board game is still in the works, according to Evil Avatar.

The adaptation of Twilight Creations' tabletop game was originally announced for Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network, and Steam back in 2008, but we've heard next to nothing from developer Big Rooster since then. A Windows Phone 7 version was recently confirmed, however, and that prompted Evil Avatar to ask Twilight Creations about the fate of Zombies!!! on other platforms.

"It's first coming out on the mobile phone and then on Xbox," the Twilight representative explained, adding, "Depending on the success of those two, they will have it for other platforms as well."

That should help assuage any fears that the project's been canned altogether, though a screenshot or two would certainly be nice by now.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Torchlight 'hopefully' out on XBLA and PSN by holidays, has sold 750,000 units

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/21/torchlight-hopefully-out-on-xbla-and-psn-by-holidays-has-sold/

Runic Games had dreams of putting Torchlight on Xbox Live Arcade, then it put "serious effort" into a console version and now the studio is hoping to have the game out by this holiday for PSN and XBLA. Runic CEO Max Schaefer told Joystiq at Gamescom today, "We're trying, we're talking [to Sony and Microsoft] and we hope to get that done quickly." Although there's no release window, he told us it'll "hopefully" be available "by the holidays."

Schaefer also told us the game has now sold over 750,000 units and is en route to a million. The RPG reached the half-million milestone back in May after launching in October, following a tiny development time of 10 months. If the sales figure seems a bit low, the executive mentioned that piracy has been an issue, but they have no way of tracking how many illegal copies were made.

As for Torchlight 2 on consoles, Schaefer told us Runic will "try" to get the multiplayer sequel to consoles sometime after the PC and Mac release.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Diablohead said:
Why could they not have two awesome games on different days? :/

I thought the same thing. It's like Scott Pilgrim is getting trolled because it was a PSN exclusive for 2 weeks and launched with the movie. :lol

Also can I state I still want my Clash of Heroes. Gosh dang it seems like this game it taking FOREVER.

Brettison said:
I thought the same thing. It's like Scott Pilgrim is getting trolled because it was a PSN exclusive for 2 weeks and launched with the movie. :lol

Also can I state I still want my Clash of Heroes. Gosh dang it seems like this game it taking FOREVER.

Shank is the one getting ...shanked... though.

It costs more and is not based on a popular nerd IP.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
HadesGigas said:
Shank is the one getting ...shanked... though.

It costs more and is not based on a popular nerd IP.

Sadly I think this might be the case. Either way it sucks for both games as I think they are pretty solid, and you know there's been weeks where we wish we got something close to this good.

Keikoku said:

http://twistedpixelgames.com/
Woa! Splosion Man DLC Coming Free With Comic Jumper! 6/10/10

If you've been playing our games, you know that we like to give away free stuff in each game.

In our first game, The Maw, we gave away the first premium dashboard theme. In our second game, Splosion Man, we gave away the first avatar awards. Now with Comic Jumper, we're giving away the first free DLC as an unlockable!

You'll get one free single-player and one free multiplayer level of Splosion Man to check out!

Adam J.

I think Shank will do extremely well on 360. It's got blood, guts, chainsaws, and soul-patches. How could it not sell like crazy?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Crackdown 2 Gets a Toy Box Add-on
http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/111/1115061p1.html

Today Microsoft announced that a new bundle of content will soon be made available for download for Crackdown 2. The Toy Box includes free content for those who purchased the game and an additional pack that will cost 560 Microsoft Points.

The free stuff includes the Keys to the City, a cheat that enables invincibility, infinite ammo, fly cam, the ability to spawn weapons, the ability to freeze the time of day, and maxed-out skills. Also, anyone who reached level six on all of their skill sets will be given a new Thruster Ability that allows players to boost themselves into the air. The final free add-on is a new multiplayer mode called vehicle tag which accommodates up to eight players in six different arenas.

The content that will cost you includes two new vehicles: the Agency ATV and the Squad Chopper. The first one is an aquatic mini-tank that can climb walls and the latter seats up to four players, each with their own weapon. There are five new gadgets including the mass driver gravity weapon, portable launch pads, stickler grenades, thrusters, and mag grenades that can attach to characters.

There are also two avatar awards in the premium pack including the Xbox Green Suit and Green Helmet. To get the green suit you must have the Rocketeer Achievement. Those who purchase the new content will be able to unlock 10 new achievements for 250 more gamerpoints along with eight new agent suit colors.

Adam J. said:
I think Shank will do extremely well on 360. It's got blood, guts, chainsaws, and soul-patches. How could it not sell like crazy?
All the female sprites in scott pilgrim have wobbling breasts.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
'Toy Soldiers' (X360) To Get Invasion DLC Soon
http://worthplaying.com/article/2010/8/24/news/76436/

Put your foot soldiers, snipers, cavalry and fighter pilots to the test.

Poised to be a smash hit on Xbox LIVE Arcade, “Toy Soldiers” is a an action-packed strategy-based game in which players are cast into a fantastic, miniature world where antique toy soldiers fight for survival using an extensive arsenal of tanks, fighter planes and flame throwers in vintage WWI dioramas.

Developed by Signal Studios exclusively for Xbox 360, now you can commandeer the action and watch as your assembled troops defend the area battlefield before the enemy storms over the top! Integrating multiple game genres and world-class visuals, “Toy Soldiers” is a unique and action-packed entertainment experience!

The British are bringing brand new secret weapons of tiny toy mayhem in 'Invasion!,' the second add-on to Toy Soldiers from Signal Studios!

Put on your Kaiser’s helmet and command the German Army against a mad menagerie of new antagonistic toys, including flying saucers, chivalrous knights, and the “Rolls Royce of the Sky,” the WWII Mustang.

Defend Germany in a new Survival level, two new multiplayer maps, a new mini-campaign topped by the most calculating, head-strong boss of all (batteries not included), 6 new enemy waves and two new playable units.

Also adds three new achievements:

Rocketman: Find all the golden rockets in Invasion single player levels
Mr. Roboto: Defeat the dreaded RoboBob boss
Foo Fighter: Shoot down 40 UFO’s in one level with your P51 Mustang

Raise your saber, soldier, and lead the charge against… is that a spaceman?

The Invasion has begun!

Key Features

Epic action packed battles with more than 50 unique units across two distinct armies.
Easy-to-pick-up controls. Soldiers can fight on their own, or be controlled from a 3rd person mode.
Fly planes, zeppelins and even drive tanks to help your unit succeed in protecting its base.
Split screen allows you to easily fight in head to head battles with friends over Xbox LIVE, or on the same console.
Five unique maps with their own special characteristics and multiplayer options.
Unique game visuals and post-effects capture the imagination and provide real world historical events in a playful toy-like miniature world.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Snoopy Flying Ace's Suppertime of Destruction DLC out today
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/25/snoopy-flying-aces-suppertime-of-destruction-dlc-out-today/

All the psychology books we've had briefly summarized to us insist that the only way to accept a difficult truth is in stages. If you've made peace with the fact that one of the best flight combat games of the year is called Snoopy Flying Ace, then you might be ready to hear that (1) today's new DLC is called Suppertime of Destruction and (2) you'll probably want it.

For $5, you'll get two new planes (one controlled by your Avatar), five new multiplayer modes, three weapons, plus new costumes, achievements and more stuff that you can find right after the break. That's right: The DLC for the Snoopy game sounds really appealing. You can lie down on the rug if you need some time to process, but don't be afraid! This is how the healing starts.

Coldsnap

What is the best board game for xbox live? I tried to play carcassonne but I wasn't digging the whole place a person here to capture land thing. I need something sorta simple, hows ticket to ride?

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Coldsnap said:
What is the best board game for xbox live? I tried to play carcassonne but I wasn't digging the whole place a person here to capture land thing. I need something sorta simple, hows ticket to ride?

Does Risk Factions count? If so that is my favourite.

xbhaskarx

Coldsnap said:

Ticket to Ride is fun, as is Catan. XBLA games all have free trials so just check them out for yourself.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Coldsnap said:
I'm a big fan of Greed Corp but Carcassonne is the simplest board game you're gonna find on XBLA. I mean, the box recommends the game for 8 years and up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom