• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
SapientWolf said:
I'm a big fan of Greed Corp but Carcassonne is the simplest board game you're gonna find on XBLA. I mean, the box recommends the game for 8 years and up.
I agree with this.

Unless you dive into the Hasbro Game Room stuff, no?

Coldsnap said:
What is the best board game for xbox live? I tried to play carcassonne but I wasn't digging the whole place a person here to capture land thing. I need something sorta simple, hows ticket to ride?
catan

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Does anyone know if Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes is still on track to actually release this year? I haven't heard anything on the subject since they showed it off at GDC.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Brettison said:
Does anyone know if Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes is still on track to actually release this year? I haven't heard anything on the subject since they showed it off at GDC.

why not just pm Cromulent_Word to ask?

burgerdog

binary said:
I think it's Hydrophobia and Dead Rising 2: Case Zero. That's what Kotkau is reporting anyhow.
Getting case zero and hydrophobia if it reviews well. Been buying every arcade game since Deathspank released, hoping for some dud weeks so my wallet can rest.

Brettison said:

It was playable at GamesCom in the 2010 XBLA area, so I would think so.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I think this got announced months ago, but 3D Ultra Minigolf Adentures 2 is coming out in October. The first one was quite fun until you knew how to hole in one every hole. :lol

Pics at the link, as well: http://gaming-age.com/preview/xbox360_xbla/3d_ultra_minigolf2

Conquer Over 50 Mind-Bending Minigolf Holes - Play through a variety of courses packed with over-the-top open worlds and animated, interactive environments

Play with up to 4 friends - Bring you're A-Game and play in a match versus 3 of your friends locally or online

Putt Your Way Passed Obstacles - Be the first to sink your ball by overcoming moving obstacles including jumps, pitfalls, trapdoors, and tons of other surprise hurdles

Enhance Your Golf Skills with "Pick-ups" - Use up to 10 different power-ups to give you special abilities to destroy objects in the way or even sabotage your competitor's shot

Enjoy All-New Characters and Customizations - Customize Will, Jack, Terri, or Kat in quirky clothing sets and choose from a funny selection of golf balls to use on the green

Play with your Xbox 360 Avatar - Tee off as your customized Xbox 360 Avatar and watch their personalities unfold after every shot

Create Your Own Virtual Courses - Enjoy customizing your own courses with the intuitive Map Editor Tool that allows you to layout your course and place power-ups or traps wherever you want

Download Add-on Content - Expand your game time with 18 more holes available on PSN and XBLA

Yup, they're announcing DLC 2 months before the game is out.

Moobabe said:
I'm picking up a 360 tomorrow - is there a thread of recommended XBLA games?

The Official XBLA thread is a good lace to start. It's quite a huge thread though and you will need to go through the pages to find a recommendation post.

Keikoku

Banned
Moobabe said:
I'm picking up a 360 tomorrow - is there a thread of recommended XBLA games?

Exclusives only :

-Shadow Complex. Best XBLA game.
-Splosion Man.
-Geometry Wars 2.
-Limbo.
-Rez HD.
-Trials HD.
-Castle Crashers (it's not available for PSN yet I believe)
-Ikaruga.

Then you also have a shitload of multiplatforms games or PC/XBLA games like Winterbottom.

Moobabe

Keikoku said:
Exclusives only :

-Shadow Complex. Best XBLA game.
-Splosion Man.
-Geometry Wars 2.
-Limbo.
-Rez HD.
-Trials HD.
-Castle Crashers (it's not available for PSN yet I believe)
-Ikaruga.

Then you also have a shitload of multiplatforms games or PC/XBLA games like Winterbottom.

Well I have a semi decent PC and CC is out next week on PSN. I think to start with I'll pick up 2/3 games - definitely Shadow Complex but then either Limbo or Rez HD?

szaromir

Banned
Moobabe said:
Well I have a semi decent PC and CC is out next week on PSN. I think to start with I'll pick up 2/3 games - definitely Shadow Complex but then either Limbo or Rez HD?
Trials HD should be your first choice.

Moobabe

Kafel said:
All games have demos, try them before asking "this game or that one ?".

Are they demo + unlock keys on XBLA? My internet isn't great as far as downloading files goes and I'd rather not download huge demos just to redownload the full game or download the full game (size wise) to discover I don't like it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Moobabe said:
Are they demo + unlock keys on XBLA? My internet isn't great as far as downloading files goes and I'd rather not download huge demos just to redownload the full game or download the full game (size wise) to discover I don't like it.

Yes. The full game and the demo are the same download. If you download the demo, you can download the full game later and it'll be 50Kb. You can also unlock the full version from within the demo without ever leaving the game.

Moobabe

Stumpokapow said:
Yes. The full game and the demo are the same download. If you download the demo, you can download the full game later and it'll be 50Kb. You can also unlock the full version from within the demo without ever leaving the game.

Thanks very much

I'm reading this thread, and I start moving up and down in my little chair, like a chipmunk during a seizure.

When is Comic Jumper coming out? I CAN'T CAN'T CAN'T WAIT for this game! Oh my gawd, it looks to be one of the funniest games since Conker's Bad Fur Day! Just to play the Anime levels!

FrankT

So Fez and Dust so far next year. Not a bad start I just hope we don't have to wait until SOA for them, but I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them is held over for it. Anything else of note for next year announced so far?

I would assume since we haven't heard a peep from the Chair guys they are cooking up Shadow Complex 2 or something new entirely. Hoping for SC2 next year.

mujun

Vigilant Walrus said:
I'm reading this thread, and I start moving up and down in my little chair, like a chipmunk during a seizure.

When is Comic Jumper coming out? I CAN'T CAN'T CAN'T WAIT for this game! Oh my gawd, it looks to be one of the funniest games since Conker's Bad Fur Day! Just to play the Anime levels!

Rumor has it that Comic Jumper is October 13th.

Rad-

Kafel said:
I really want to see what the Chair guys are making.

Several job postings on Microsoft's site were about a position that helps Chair in their development of the Shadow Complex franchise. So it's almost a certain it's Shadow Complex 2. Or Super Shadow Complex.

szaromir

Banned
Moobabe said:
I've heard that a lot - but will it just make me tear my hair out? I don't know if I fancy that :S
I once read a quote about Trials HD - "I hate this game and that's why I love it".:D It's super tough, but also designed with this toughness in mind - you never see a loading screen, if you fail, you push reset button and automatically go back to the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom