• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) News and Announcements Thread - 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought Tony Hawk yesterday, and the fact that the image for the game isn't showing up in my game collection is driving the OCD part of my brain crazy.

Card Boy

Banned
I bought Tony Hawk yesterday, and the fact that the image for the game isn't showing up in my game collection is driving the OCD part of my brain crazy.

I was literally on the fence and i mean literally. The lack of content was holding me back. But soon as i saw that broken game collection icon it was the instant deciding factor and deal-breaker for me.

I was literally on the fence and i mean literally. The lack of content was holding me back. But soon as i saw that broken game collection icon it was the instant deciding factor and deal-breaker for me.

I'm not sure if you're serious. lol

I'm sure it'll be fixed soon. Right? Right?!?

edit: It's fixed!

Do you really mean literally? Where the hell do you keep your Xbox?

That's incredible.

Also, Joe Danger achievements have leaked which mean's the game's finished which means the developer was totally bullshitting the other day when he said they were still working on it. Which we all knew anyway, but it means the leaked date could be legit.

That's incredible.

Also, Joe Danger achievements have leaked which mean's the game's finished which means the developer was totally bullshitting the other day when he said they were still working on it. Which we all knew anyway, but it means the leaked date could be legit.

I don't think Achievements being posted always necessarily means the game is 100% complete.

That's incredible.

YES!

I agree. The achievements being leaked definitely means the game is finished or will be "finished" within days.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Tell me about it, I've been waiting for Retro City Rampage for years and it's supposedly done and I still don't have it...GRRRRR!!!

The guy tweeted a few days ago saying there was a "release window" but he wasn't announcing a date to allow for the possibility of moving it up. Don't know why he doesn't announce the window though, says that he will in "a couple of weeks" on the site (where not having a release date hasn't stopped him selling pre-orders for the last 4 or 5 months). I'm assuming it's bureaucracy with one of the platforms it's getting released on that's holding this back.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
The guy tweeted a few days ago saying there was a "release window" but he wasn't announcing a date to allow for the possibility of moving it up. Don't know why he doesn't announce the window though, says that he will in "a couple of weeks" on the site (where not having a release date hasn't stopped him selling pre-orders for the last 4 or 5 months). I'm assuming it's bureaucracy with one of the platforms it's getting released on that's holding this back.

You'd be right. He's tweeted about his problems with Microsoft's XBLA process.

CONSPIRICY.

Anyway, I've finally got around to playing Bastion. The graphics, music and the way the story is told really are all exquisite, among the best I've ever experienced in a game. It's a shame the gameplay doesn't quite live up to it. It's kinda fun, but it's not special like the rest of the game is.

CONSPIRICY.

Anyway, I've finally got around to playing Bastion. The graphics, music and the way the story is told really are all exquisite, among the best I've ever experienced in a game. It's a shame the gameplay doesn't quite live up to it. It's kinda fun, but it's not special like the rest of the game is.

I felt like it needed some kind of lashing device to truly make it special.

CONSPIRICY.

Agree. Lovely presentation, mediocre game underneath.

I'm not suggesting that, but it does make me wonder if they made an error, and the game really hasn't passed cert.

Yeah I know you weren't, I was just kidding. I think it's more likely that that twitter account breaks all kind of things MS aren't ready for people to know, and so they had the tweet taken down.

Someone said it was someone from Twisted Pixel that set it up, so they'd definitely do whatever MS asked them.

GhaleonEB

Released today,

boxartlg.jpg
boxartlg.jpg

Quantum Conundrum - 1200msp, 1.47GB.

Zuma’s Revenge! - 800msp, 374MB.

Also,

--Babel Rising: Sky’s the Limit - 240msp

I love puzzle games, in particular games like Zuma.

Problem: I'm red/green colorblind, and these games are quite often not made with us in mind, at all. The first Zuma is nearly unplayable by me because so many of the colors are so close, and I can't tell the difference. I snagged the demo to Zuma's revenge, and it looks like it could be pretty great. I like the way each level has a reward token for high performance, which you can use to buy some perks via the spirits or whatever.

But it's just as bad as Zuma for my busted eyes. The yellow and green balls look identical to me, I just can't tell them apart and have to rely on luck to get three in a row. Which gets you past a few levels, but when the difficulty ramps up, it's like hitting a brick wall.

For the love of god puzzle game developers, a good swath of the population can't play these games because you do this. Please distinguish the colors better. I keep hoping to find one some day that I can actually play. :(

Edit: turns out it has one, and it's excellent. Not sure how I missed it, but game bought. Wonga!

Problem: I'm red/green colorblind, and these games are quite often not made with us in mind, at all. The first Zuma is nearly unplayable by me because so many of the colors are so close, and I can't tell the difference. I snagged the demo to Zuma's revenge, and it looks like it could be pretty great. I like the way each level has a reward token for high performance, which you can use to buy some perks via the spirits or whatever.

But it's just as bad as Zuma for my busted eyes. The yellow and green balls look identical to me, I just can't tell them apart and have to rely on luck to get three in a row. Which gets you past a few levels, but when the difficulty ramps up, it's like hitting a brick wall.

For the love of god puzzle game developers, a good swath of the population can't play these games because you do this. Please distinguish the colors better. I keep hoping to find one some day that I can actually play. :(

Same problem here. Peggle has a colorblind mode that's actually useful. All color based puzzle games need one. :(

That's a shame to hear. No options in the menus? I'm assuming you checked.

I don't think I've commented on this already, but I bought Zuma's Revenge and I think it's awesome. So much fun. If you thought the first Zuma was kind of fun, this one is much better.

GhaleonEB

Same problem here. Peggle has a colorblind mode that's actually useful. All color based puzzle games need one. :(

Yeah Peggle is great because of it, I was so glad to see it.

That's a shame to hear. No options in the menus? I'm assuming you checked.

I don't think I've commented on this already, but I bought Zuma's Revenge and I think it's awesome. So much fun. If you thought the first Zuma was kind of fun, this one is much better.

I didn't see anything in the options. They put different patterns on each ball color, which I think is their attempt to address the issue, but they're not distinctive enough to tell them apart. The looked great, and I got through the first five or six levels and had a lot of fun, then BAM, difficulty ramped up and that was that. Arg.

madmackem

Yeah Peggle is great because of it, I was so glad to see it.

I didn't see anything in the options. They put different patterns on each ball color, which I think is their attempt to address the issue, but they're not distinctive enough to tell them apart. The looked great, and I got through the first five or six levels and had a lot of fun, then BAM, difficulty ramped up and that was that. Arg.

Theres a colourblind mode in zumas revenge mate, speaking as a fellow colour challenged bro i wasnt going to buy it till a mate pointed it out to me.

Zia

Thanks for the encouragement. I've always enjoyed the series but never purchased it -- feel like this is a glaring omission in my collection. Probably going to wait for it to go on sale so I feel like I'm cheating Activision a bit, ha.

Noogy

Thanks for the encouragement. I've always enjoyed the series but never purchased it -- feel like this is a glaring omission in my collection. Probably going to wait for it to go on sale so I feel like I'm cheating Activision a bit, ha.

Geo Wars 2 in particular is a fantastic package. As soon as you get tired of one mode, you can try another drastic variation. Personally wouldn't recommend going back to 1 after you've played 2 though.

Geo Wars 2 in particular is a fantastic package. As soon as you get tired of one mode, you can try another drastic variation. Personally wouldn't recommend going back to 1 after you've played 2 though.

That's very true. The jump to the second was just massive. Even graphically it's a much more pleasing game.

My favorite mode in GeoWars 2 would have to be pacifism. It was so satisfying going through those explosive gates.

Apdiddy

I too have red/green colorblindness...I played the demo and deleted it afterwards because of it.

EDIT: I wasn't aware there was a colorblindness mode, will go back and look...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Joyride Turbo seems pretty cool for a Mario Kart clone. Why does it have like a 60 something meta?
I don't know why, it's actually one of the best Mario Kart clones this gen. I enjoyed it more than MK Wii even.

That game is criminally underrated. Absolutely criminally.

SirKhalid

I'm not sure how this is different from games that already have avatar awards.

From one of the comments:
1- They are available across all the games that support Famestars.
2- They are not available outside these games (ie you can't see them on your dashboard)
3- You don't earn them by getting to a certain point in the game like most Avatar rewards. Instead you have to "level up" your character by doing many specific tasks in each of these games to earn points.

Not really cool if you can use them outside those games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom