• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) News and Announcements Thread - 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Hybrid is gone:

Hybrid, 5th Cell's third-person shooter that's been suffering server issues throughout its launch day, has been pulled from the Xbox Marketplace.

"We'd like to confirm that we have identified a problem and are in the process of finding a solution," Microsoft wrote in a statement. "We will make the game available as soon as we can, and we apologize for the inconvenience! Thank you for your patience in the meantime."

totowhoa

Banned
Yeah, woke up this morning to that. Server problems started occurring a few hours after it went up. Still waiting on a fix. Kind of wish I could get the download out of the way though, but I understand why they pulled it for a bit :p Hopefully they can get it fixed while it's still launch day and people are thinking about it.

totowhoa

Banned
I'm doing it, it'll be up in the next few days

Really looking forward to it. I remember seeing the launch trailer and thinking it looked interesting, but I never kept up with it. Finding out that it was a Metroidvania yesterday totally turned things around. I'm just waiting for the OT to show up so I can learn a bit about it :D

I snooped in gamestation before work today and they have Dust xbl cards up already, though redeeming it only gives you 1200 points, why not just sell me points!?

Anyway I am all set for wednesday, let's goooooo!

Noogy

I snooped in gamestation before work today and they have Dust xbl cards up already, though redeeming it only gives you 1200 points, why not just sell me points!?

Anyway I am all set for wednesday, let's goooooo!

Those cards look so cool. I want to buy one just to have it, but we don't have anything like that here in the US (from what I've seen). I can't complain though, I'm still weirded out that my little indie effort is on boxes in Gamestops.

Those cards look so cool. I want to buy one just to have it, but we don't have anything like that here in the US (from what I've seen). I can't complain though, I'm still weirded out that my little indie effort is on boxes in Gamestops.

Thing is they print off a code on your receipt so you don't get to keep the card :( my old school friend works for that gamestation store so I can ask him about one.

Are you sure that's not some fail-safe since the game isn't out yet?

I am pretty sure those retail cards redeem for the actual game.

TEJ

Noogy, I remember a week or two ago you said there would be a new trailer for the game. Is it still coming?

TEJ

How long is dust anyway? I plan on doing multiple playthroughs, but i'd say 5-10 hours without doing side stuff is a good length.

Noogy quick question, Dust can be played without any input from both analog sticks right? because this kind of game might play really well on a madcatz fightpad which only has a Dpad plus all the buttons and triggers as buttons.

Noogy

Noogy quick question, Dust can be played without any input from both analog sticks right? because this kind of game might play really well on a madcatz fightpad which only has a Dpad plus all the buttons and triggers as buttons.

You can move with either the left thumbstick or Dpad. The right thumbstick evades, but you can also evade with the triggers. I think you should be able to play it, but I haven't tried this myself.

6831649942_595054ff6f.jpg

SEGA and Arkedo are happy to reveal that Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit will be available to download in North America on September 25 for PlayStation Network, September 26 on Xbox LIVE Arcade, and October 3 for PC digital download for $14.99/1200MSP/$14.99 respectively. In Europe, Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit will be available for all three platforms on October 3 for 1200MSP/£9.99/€12.99/AUD$19.95.

http://blogs.sega.com/2012/08/09/pimp-it-up-and-drill-to-kill-in-hell-yeah/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGgt6_lgHM0

I will ask the question in here from other thread, quote myself.

Would this be the first game to have delay on xbla from US to Europe?
Know there have been some US exclusive games but have never seen a week gap between release regions.
Will buy the hell out of it though cause Arkedo rock.

I know Trenched was mentioned but I don't count that though as that was an IP issue.

Vert boil

I can't think of any others. The only thing partially similar is Renegade Ops in Japan. It still hasn't released as it's being localised.

The only reason I can think of is that Sega want parity within regions and the EU PSN worked out a release date a week after the US.

Card Boy

Banned
Noogy fingers crossed you're game lives up to the hype. This Winter of the Arcade has being a disaster and hopefully Dust can save it.

The Orange Box cover never shows up for me. Hasn't for months.

Have you checked very recently? It's just released on GoD so maybe they fixed it. I've got a few things that don't show up, Iron Brigade never has, and nor have JAM and World Gone Sour but I don't expect them to since I'm on a UK gamertag. They all appear with icons though, I've never seen something just greyed out before!

So Sega finally made it official. Jet Set Radio arrives September 19th on XBLA. Playstation + gets it a week earlier. :/

This is particularly dumb because we already have proof that the XBLA version of the game is finished right now. It showed up on 360voice.com days ago, which means someone downloaded a played a completed version of the game. Probably someone who is on the dev team, or works for Sega.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Didn't like Shuggy at all. Not even for 400pts for me. :(

I'm surprised you bought it. The full game is very representative of the demo--a mostly single screen puzzle platformer with low fidelity audiovisual stuff and a kitchen sink mechanical variety. It's neither trivially easy nor particularly challenging, and the number of levels is pretty substantial. I mean, if it's not your bag, it's not your bag, but I would have expected the demo to have told you that.

(I gave it #2 in my GOTY ballot last year)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom