• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) News and Announcements Thread - 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Happy Wars FREE? EH?

It seems like there were loads of in-game unlockables too, when they last showed it....

Making it F2P sounds like the best idea gor the game possible, though, to help attract the numbers it needs to survive.

Been looking forward to it for ages, very interested in how everything turns out!

Daigoro

whats the catch? pay to win or something? seems to good to be true. looks chaotic and cute though. ill certainly try it out anyways.

Thought that this was dead. Will try upon release.

whats the catch?
Vanity items and, probably, access to higher level content. Can't see how it would work as free unless the game contains a fair amount of funneled advertising opportunities. Of course, it does require a Gold sub to play in the first place.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Happy Wars FREE? EH?

It seems like there were loads of in-game unlockables too, when they last showed it....

Making it F2P sounds like the best idea gor the game possible, though, to help attract the numbers it needs to survive.

Been looking forward to it for ages, very interested in how everything turns out!

Guess there should be tons of paid items/weapons/armors/etc.

I personally think that dungeon raider beat em up which came out should have stayed as a f2p game, i don't think it's had many sales this summer.

Happy wars looks fun, will give it a shot.

This is all I want. Well, I would buy PSO1 if it showed up, but PSO2...

pso2 is a no brainer and the way it runs on pc right now tells me it's simple enough to run on current consoles, the game runs really smooth no matter what and doesn't need a monster pc to hit 60fps, there is nothing complex going on yet it still looks rather good. i'd go with a retooled pso1 also if it ever happens, make it free and maybe charge some allards to buy bank storage space or personal space like pso2 does right now, you would get a flow of players and the collectors and long term players could buy stuff.

GhaleonEB

So a few things:

- Christmas Nights Confirmed!
- Wow, 100GS for Getting gillwing all in one go? Doesn't seem that hard to do based on Youtube videos?
- Only 13 achievements? That's a bit weird.

Also the site has the box art for the Toe Jam & Earl and NiGHTS games. The TJ&E one is better than the previous SVG packs, which is good, but still uses the ugly border.

2822.png
2825.png

Buying both of these. It's been a lot of fun to go back and revisit Sega's glory days.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Tip for anyone who purchased DEAD BLOCK on sale:

The game does freeze some. It seems to be a case of freezing when a jukebox, or end-of-stage music is playing, most of the time.

However, THIS IS NOT A HARD FREEZE. The Game isn't totally locked up.
  • Push the Guide Button. The screen will still be frozen.
  • Let the current song finish all the way though.
  • In my experience, after the song finishes, your guide will pop up!
  • The Game is now un-frozen, and will resume as normal.

Not ideal, but it's much better than restarting, and losing 10-20 min of progression!

This doesn't seem to happen to everyone, either, so you might play and never see a freeze.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying the game. It's a bit different, the cast of characters has personality, and it's fairly rare to see a game with a black woman as a feature character (and the strongest fighter of the bunch, ha.) The DLC missions also seem to be worth it, but they oddly don't come with achievements...

I need some assistance from those in the know...

Apparently my missus's account had 2,200 points which "expired". I had no idea this could happen, and I guess there's nothing I can do about it, but I've got 7,000 points on my account and I have absolutely no idea when they're due to expire.

I know I could just go and buy a bunch of shit but there's really nothing I want at the moment (and no time to play it even if I did).

Anyone know if there's a way of working out when they might be due to expire?

I need some assistance from those in the know...

Apparently my missus's account had 2,200 points which "expired". I had no idea this could happen, and I guess there's nothing I can do about it, but I've got 7,000 points on my account and I have absolutely no idea when they're due to expire.

I know I could just go and buy a bunch of shit but there's really nothing I want at the moment (and no time to play it even if I did).

Anyone know if there's a way of working out when they might be due to expire?

Straight from a Microsoft page:

When do my Microsoft Points expire?

Purchased points don't expire. Any points you get through promotions can have expiration dates. Typically, points expire within thirty days of the date you get them. To view any points in your account that have expiration dates, go to the Billing and Account Management page, sign in with your Windows Live ID, and then click Microsoft Points under Stored Credits. If you have points that are expiring in the next thirty days, you can click View expiring points to view the points and their expiration dates.

Note
You can only see points that are expiring in the next 30 days.

I got to this area by going to Xbox.com, logging in, then "My Account" in the top-right area near your gamertag. I used the Billing Options link in the bottom-left area of the next page and from there you can follow the instructions I pasted.

That's a bit weak. I can hardly remember where my keys are these days, let alone check for my points expiring every 30 days!

Thanks though.

Have never done any of those, I'm in the UK and we never get them. If anything it was probably free points from buying a game.

It wouldn't hurt to double-check that the same rules apply for UK/European accounts. I looked this up on the US side of things and I know there can be variances.

That said, how in the world would you get 7,000 points from buying a game? I'd love to get in on that same deal.

Edit: A little more Googling gives me a couple other questions that might lead you somewhere. Did you purchase any points from people online, such as eBay or similar methods where they provided you the codes to put in? Or any chance was your wife's account hacked and had points replaced by Microsoft? Seems they replace points as promotional points that can expire. Anyhow, that's about all I've got for you.

No, I have 7,000 points on my account full stop. Likely only a couple of hundred from promos (Live rewards).

Her account had ~2200 expire, which is likely part game promo (I know we had one game come with around 2000 points) and part live rewards.

No, I have 7,000 points on my account full stop. Likely only a couple of hundred from promos (Live rewards).

Her account had ~2200 expire, which is likely part game promo (I know we had one game come with around 2000 points) and part live rewards.

Oh, well in that case it sounds like hers are lost for a known reason and you likely have very little to worry about. Others report online that when there's a mix of points, paid and promo, in your account that the promo points are always spent first. So as long as you're making purchases occasionally you've likely used up your promotional points and have your non-expiring paid points remaining.

And I believe that solves the mystery of expiring Microsoft Points.

Vert boil

DOTW

AssRev
--Ancestors Character Pack - 160msp (was 320)
--Mediterranean Traveler Map Pack - 400msp (was 800)
--The Lost Archive - 400msp (was 800)
Some tat as well.

-----

Rockstar Publisher Sale

GTA 4
--The Ballad of Gay Tony - 800msp (was 1600)
--The Lost and the Damned - 400msp (was 800)

L.A. Noire
--A Slip of the Tongue Traffic Case - 160msp (was 320)
--Naked City Vice Case - 160msp (was 320)
--Nicholson Electroplating Arson Case - 160msp (was 320)
--Reefer Madness Vice Case - 160msp (was 320)

Max Payne 3
--Local Justice Pack - 400msp (was 640)

Midnight Club LA
--South Central Ultimate Content Pack - 480msp (was 1000)

Red Dead Redemption
--Legends and Killers Pack - 400msp (was 800)
--Liars and Cheats Pack - 400msp (was 800)
--Undead Nightmare Pack - 400msp (was 800)

--Undead Nightmare Collection - 800msp (was 1600) *contains all three DLC packs in one*

Some tat and GoD as well (that don't appear to have been reduced yet).

-----

The Gunstringer
--El Diablo's 'Merican Adventure - 120msp (was 240)

Sales & Specials+ App

Dead Rising 2: Case West - 400msp (was 800)
Dead Rising 2: Case Zero - 200msp (was 400)
Plants vs. Zombies - 600msp (was 1200)

pacman85

The Gunstringer
--El Diablo's 'Merican Adventure - 120msp (was 240)

Sales & Specials+ App

Dead Rising 2: Case West - 400msp (was 800)
Dead Rising 2: Case Zero - 200msp (was 400)
Plants vs. Zombies - 600msp (was 1200)

i own all 3 deals from the sales & specials app. they are all 3 great at their respective prices but i would just recommend plants vs zombies and dead rising: case west since case zero is pretty much the same just without the co-op functionality of case west.

i own gunstringer but it is sitting somewhere in my backlog. does anyone recommend the dlc for that game at this sale price?

MrBig

I've got 3250 ms points (probably from XBL rewards or gifts) and don't use my 360 for much of anything anymore. Anything fun I can get?

So now that NiGHTS XBLA box art and achievements have leaked...we can expect it semi-soon, right?

I mean, SEGA has JSR HD coming next month and SA2 in October (if the date on the Xbox.com page before it was pulled is to believed).

November or December release (December with marketing towards the Christmas NiGHTS inclusion?) sounds likely. Although it's more than likely ready to go right now and I'd like it now.

Is Plants vs. Zombies worth it on XBLA if I already have it on PC and iPhone?

I mean, usually I would vastly prefer a console comfy couch release, but it's such a pointer driven game.

Card Boy

Banned
Is Plants vs. Zombies worth it on XBLA if I already have it on PC and iPhone?

I mean, usually I would vastly prefer a console comfy couch release, but it's such a pointer driven game.

The XBLA one is higher res over the PC version.

The PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade version of the game includes 5 multiplayer modes, both co-operative and competitive, additional mini-games and a virtual house where players can show off their achievements to friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom