• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LIVE Indie Games - July 2012 and onwards

celsowmbr

Banned
Someone played IOTA?

I loved the demo ! Amazing platform/puzzle game !

iota1-thumb-480x269-10769.jpg

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So, I noticed in my rare time on the Xbox that's not the One, that a new Sci-Fi sequel to Avatar Legends is now out?

Still some of the best XBLIG out there, did anyone play this one?

OnPoint

Yeah, we didn't spare any expense when it comes to wacky design choices. The game was born from a Ludum Dare game jam, but it was such fun that we decided to just run with it and see if we could finish it.

We've spent a lot of time making sure everything plays well. It's really random and weird, and the upgrade system can definitely take a little adjusting, but potential to have a crazy loadout is there and the bosses are awesome. Shmup fans should have a great time once we get it out there. Shouldn't be much longer now.

OnPoint

Super excited. We ended up on Kotaku today :D

http://kotaku.com/what-if-rambo-had-been-a-hat-loving-goldfish-1500107085

ku-xlarge.gif

If there's one thing I love about Greenlight, it's all the insanely creative people it attracts. Like the creators of this side-scrolling shooter, Shütshimi.P

To quote the website, Shütshimi is "a randomized shoot'em up about a muscle-bound fish with memory problems defending the seven seas." It's a fast-paced game for PC and the 360 where you fight waves of enemy fish, during rounds that last ten seconds each, using powerups that last ten seconds each. The ten seconds thing is what the "memory problems" part refers to.]

celsowmbr

Banned
I tried the demo of Proxy Blade Zero: the graphics are amazing, beautiful 3d levels and models. The battle (blade) system is little bit “Zelda OoT” and a bit “Metal Gear Rising” too with a Jet Pack like “Burning Rangers” to avoid the enemies. The music is very cool, a kind of Futuristc Techno. This game is very promissor !

screen2.jpg

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
If anyone is at all interested in Aban Hawkins and hasn't bought it, seems there will be a price hike soon, so act now!

http://8bits.nukimi.com/1000s/
■価格変更のお知らせ
Notice of the Price Change

諸般の事情により、2014年3月22日より以下の通り価格を改定させていただく事となりました。
Due to a number of reasons, as of 03/22/2014(JST),
we will increase the prices of the following titles as follows:

・Aban Hawkins & the 1000 SPIKES
[旧価格/Old Price]80MSP→[新価格/New Price]400MSP

以上、ご理解とご協力を宜しくお願いいたします。
We thank you for your purchase, and wish for your continued support.

I assume it's because Spikes is about to come out on another platform at 10x the price and so they don't want the XBLIG version to be so cheap.

I assume it's because Spikes is about to come out on another platform at 10x the price and so they don't want the XBLIG version to be so cheap.

And it probably generates so few sales on Xbox Indies at this point, might as well hope for a handful of $5 sales every quarter instead of a slightly larger handful of $1 sales.

OnPoint

Those are both good points and they make sense, but with XBLIG dwindling as a relevant service, I'd be shocked if having that version available is something most people would even know about at this point. Better safe than sorry I suppose.

XBLIG/XNA living on through Monogame is great and I'm glad that exists, but I can't help but bust out laughing every time I think about Monogame support on PS4. XBLIG will live on spiritually through the competition's system, and it cracks me up every time.

OnPoint

So I know this thread, and XBLIG as a whole are mostly dead, but Shutshimi is now available on XBLIG!

xboxboxart.jpg

screen3.jpg
screen4.jpg

Shütshimi is a randomized shoot'em up about a muscle-bound fish with memory problems defending the seven seas. Armed with your trusty bullet-morphing shotgun, battle through waves of enemies and collect upgrades as you fight through each of the game's bosses. But there's a catch: you have an incredibly short attention span. Combat and upgrade cycles only last 10 seconds each, so act fast!

Official page: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Shutshimi/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258550e53

Also, here's the trailer for anyone who wants to see it motion:

http://youtu.be/aFUB_RVxSTU

Vert boil

It's been quite a while since I bought an Indie.

Picked up Nandeyanen!? - The 1st Sûtra last night. Although I mostly bought it for the atmosphere/experience, it's an okay hori shmup. Standard bullets, drop static turret birds that fire a laser blast after a few seconds, reflector shield that charges up a laser blast and bombs.
Some larger enemies/bosses have shields that you have to laser away before you can properly blast them.

I haven't bothered with the scoring system yet but I've enjoyed the time I've put in so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys7tz6En1kE

I probably should have bumped this for DELTA.

It's by hermitgames who did Leave Home and qrth-phyl, so you know it's going to be good. IT'S GOOD.

gar3

So, now that we're in a new generation and all, what are everyone's favorite Xbox Indie games from the entire 360 library?
The ones I've dumped the most time into are Dark Delve, Ghosts of Tarr-Minos, the LCD Dungeon System games, Miner Dig Deep, Paipa, and the Platformance games. Between myself and my children though, Fishing Girl has been played probably days worth of time, heh.

OnPoint

So, now that we're in a new generation and all, what are everyone's favorite Xbox Indie games from the entire 360 library?

Woooooo that's a crazy question.

Ok, I obviously can't vote for my own game. But here's a list of 30 games I found to be some of the best on the XBLIG service. I'm sure I'm missing some. In no particular order.

1. Bleed
  2. Escape Goat
  3. Evilquest
  4. Hidden in Plain Sight
  5. AstroMan
  6. Vorpal
  7. Hypership Out of Control
  8. Growing Pains
  9. LittleStreetRacers
  10. Platformance
  11. Soulcaster
  12. Soulcaster II
  13. Gateways
  14. DLC Quest
  15. Dead Pixels
  16. PewPewPewPewPewPewPewPewPew
  17. Pixel
  18. Jump
  19. Lasercat
  20. Mount Your Friends
  21. Johnny Platform's Biscuit Romp
  22. Super Tank Run
  23. Dead Pixels
  24. The Deep Cave
  25. NyanTech
  26. Bad Golf
  27. Alawishus Pixel
  28. Cthulhu Saves the World
  29. Breath of Death VII
  30. Curse of the Crescent Isle

Edit: Man how could I forget Vintage Hero?? That's a good one too

You know what never ever ever gets mentioned? FlipSide. I swear I must be the only person who ever played it. It has great music, it's the epitome of "easy to learn, hard to master," and nothing else on the service is at all like it.

Go and download FlipSide. All of you. Go!

celsowmbr

Banned
My Top XX List:

1. Amazing Princess Sarah
  2. One Night Two Crazies
  3. Iota
  4. Shütshimi
  5. Vintage Hero
  6. Avatar Rumble 2
  7. Faceplant adventures

and more...

That seems like a really... weird... game to release.

What's the logic behind it?

Really, it was just fast and fun to make. It is called Ask My Avatar (or AMA) and it is like Animal Crossing if all you could do is walk around and talk to the villagers.

There are 500 questions that range in category including the timely "Is it about ethics in game journalism?" and you just answer yes or no. With a Live connection the answers should be gathered and then shown how many people have answered and which way they did.

amacover.jpg

screenfreetoplay.jpg

screenhacks.jpg

It's a really cool idea, I used to love the Nintendo version on Wii, just a very odd choice of platform!

Are you going to be hosting a "server" for it so people are constantly going to be able to connect or is it strictly peer-to-peer? If it's the first, I guess it could work and I was probably being unfair!

Boot Hill Heroes is out. Looks like an Earthbound inspired JRPG set in the Wild West.

The kind of quality game we were getting back in the glory days of XBLIG, three years ago. Yeah, it's been that long.

Top Bottom