• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

pawel86ck

Banned
Probably because of the PUBG release? I don't mind them skipping a week because there's one of their major titles coming out, but the problem is that BC in general has slowed down significantly. It's about time for them to announce a new batch of OG Xbox titles and a few enhanced ones.

The BC library still has many classic games missing.
I hope to see Alan Wake and GTA4 enhanced in 4K. I thought by now MS would include many BC games in 4K, but it looks like it's not so simple after all.

Kacho

I just want Asura’s Wrath and NieR and then I can finally pack my 360 up.

Thank you! I feel like I’m the only one. Easily one of the best outsourced games from Capcom last gen. Such a dumb, fun game where you get to repeatedly press X to anger.

TheWatcher

Banned
Man if Jedi Outcast and Ninja Gaiden 2 became BC it would consolidate Xbox One as my fave console this generation. Oh and Max Payne 1,2, and 3.

Kacho

In hopes of Vice City support. Could purchase San Andreas to hold over...could also finish Episodes from Liberty City or GTA V lol.

Rockstar has been pretty good supporting BC in general but I feel like Vice City wouldn’t be worth the effort unless they re-upped the music licensing. Without that the game is nothing.

I seriously have no clue when MS will do another OG Xbox batch. The one they did earlier this year was so good, Orta in particular. Feel like Ms wouldn’t do another batch during the holidays but who knows.

Also can we get Max Payne 3 already? Sheesh.

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
Thank you! I feel like I’m the only one. Easily one of the best outsourced games from Capcom last gen. Such a dumb, fun game where you get to repeatedly press X to anger.

I remember it getting a lot of hate around launch, but I think that was because people were expecting something more like a DMC or Bayonetta instead of what’s basically an interactive anime? Also that the true ending was paid DLC I guess.

I picked it up a couple years after launch and had a blast, it is quite literally one of the only two reasons I haven’t sold my 360 yet.

TheWatcher

Banned
I never thought in a million years we would be getting MW 2 and 3 on BC before a remaster came out.

Also, I hope we see some OG games added that weren't BC on the 360.

ReBurn

Gold Member
"Super Back Compatibility Sale" ends September 10, on the store

I see quite a few I'll be picking up later today.
I picked up the Sonic Adventure games to scratch the nostalgia itch. I already have so many of the titles in the sale.

Unity2012

Maybe is wishful thinking; but I think they are waiting to be closer to the Holidays and adding more BC titles to the existing library. It will make sense.

Animazor

Neo Member
Yeah - the Steam version is getting delisted so it's not looking good. It's a shame, considering the game runs terrible on the 360 and the One / One X could have probably brought the framerate up considerably.

I have just read, they are making a PS4 only remake, launching this december.
That is why it got delisted from steam...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I have just read, they are making a PS4 only remake, launching this december.
That is why it got delisted from steam...

Yup - shame they'll make us pay for it though and it won't be releasing for the Xbox One.

Animazor

Neo Member
Yup - shame they'll make us pay for it though and it won't be releasing for the Xbox One.
Really a shame.
I wanted to have it in my xbox library.
Im really considering buying a PS4 at the moment, a lot of games i want to play are PS4 only, this just adds one more.
I guess the timing is just right, i will wait for some big sale and grab me a PS4.

Pantz

yeee time to start grinding those Rumble Roses XX achievements for hundreds of hours again!

I honestly never thought they would BC a game like RRXX. That team is super awesome.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Rumble Roses XX will take some serious playtime to unlock everything. >.>

Is Zone of the Enders HD not available for purchase for anyone else on xbox.com? "lollipop_disappointed:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Rumble Roses XX will take some serious playtime to unlock everything. >.>

Is Zone of the Enders HD not available for purchase for anyone else on xbox.com? "lollipop_disappointed:
It was never available digitally, but the Konami Twitter account said it would be available. Guess we just have to wait for it to pop up.

alone

Banned
If you owned the Modern Warfare games through the digital 3-pack (now delisted), they should be in your install list now. I guess they couldn't support that until all 3 games were BC.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
If you owned the Modern Warfare games through the digital 3-pack (now delisted), they should be in your install list now. I guess they couldn't support that until all 3 games were BC.

It really sucks that’s it been delisted. Has been on sale numerous times, but waited it out cus they weren’t BC. Never thought they would delist it, but I guess it was a too good offer for Activision.

Artistic

Going to purchase Double Agent. Blacklist's MP population is particularly dead, hoping it's more active there.

Going to enjoy the campaign either way, never got a chance to finish it the first go-around.

Top Bottom