• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Coming to 26 new markets in September

S¡mon

Banned
I had no idea so many European countries didn't have the console yet. Embarrassing.
Yup. Especially in those countries, where Microsoft hasn't launched yet, the PS4 is also very hard to get. For example, in the Netherlands, if you order a PS4 now, you'll probably get it in May, maybe April.

zinder

Lmao. I am pretty sure everyone (atleast here in Sweden) who wanted an Xbox One already got it, since it's available in stock at any major retailer. Even with added promotion and stuff, this "launch" probably won't sell shit.

Kysen

Even at 600 euro's people bought the PS3 over the 360. I really dont think there is anything Microsoft can do to win T2 EU countries.
I still don't understand this, buying a 360 first last gen was a no brainer. You can even still see this trend in recent pal threads, EU sure loves their playstations.

Weren't consoles banned until recently, and now only can be sold if manufactured there? China won't be an easy market to break into.

Gaming consoles have been sold openly in China ever since the PS1 era. It's a 'soft ban', no one's going to call the cops if you openly sell consoles and pirated games, even in the largest supermarkets in China.

So Microsoft are just going to keep giving away that lead in console sales that they don't have? For the next six months? Interesting strategy.

McHuj

Obviously they're waiting for the price cut to release it, no other explanation.

Yeah, how else do you fuck up like this? When they delayed last year, I thought it was going to be Q1 of this year, but not Q3.

It's not like they are lacking supply.

Zalman

Microsoft really dropped the ball on this launch. It's like they weren't ready to release the thing and had to rush it out because of Sony.

pooptest

They can't have a no-show there for their launch year, right?

At least they've got to show something, if only as a gesture of trying.

MGSV: GZ, Definitive Edition. Calling it now.
This, of course, is after they discover how to use that dual-layered eSRAM.
/s

It is devastating to Microsoft. They are literally handing this gen over to Sony by launching so late. European gamers are Sony's to do with as they wish.

Ps4 could launch a year late and still outsell x1 fast in europe, so dont think they had much chance anyway. sm is just making it even worse then it would have been,

SpokkX

lol

Xbox is dead in Sweden then...

I don´t know why they even need to translate anything for Sweden.

Every single swede interested in Xbox speaks english pretty much fluently

Ludist210

Almost a year later? At that point, the PS4 will have taken most of the potential marketshare...even the Wii U will have a bigger presence. Why bother then?

tkalamba

Doesn't everyone make their consoles in china anyway?

I think there has to be some specific considerations in the case of selling it in China, like having some sort of partnership deals with a Chinese company and catering to Chinese specifications and content rules or some BS. I don't quite remember the exact requirements, but I don't believe the consoles China will be seeing will be the same as what everyone else will have.

Good time right when Destiny is coming.

Oh yes, the game that is being co-marketed by Sony. That'll sell Xbones for sure.

I don't know what MS is thinking. These markets may not respond well as seeing that many of the people in these markets that wanted the console have gotten them already from neighboring markets.
That is my assumption at least.

Raist

Banned
Are they going to be able to manufacture the eighty units they'll need for this roll out?

Seriously, why has this taken so long? Have they said? Speech recognition?

Remember, there are no yields issue.

So yeah, it must be speech recognition for sure. That's why it took 10 months to launch in a bunch of Tier 2 countries which have the same language as Tier 2 countries :p

Madness

Just in time for whatever they've got planned for Halo. Who knows what the prices are, whether they're the larger HDD's, the white version etc.

Linkyn

Man, I feel like we're going to be the only country in the EU not to get the XBox One locally, unless they just go for Benelux in general when they say Belgium and the Netherlands.

Edit: Also, as for the Titanfall bundles, I don't see how that would have a lot of appeal with Destiny coming out right around that time and CoD and BF just 1-2 months later.

Zalman

The worst part about all this is that these territories always favored Sony to begin with. Launching almost a year later won't to them any good.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
lol

Xbox is dead in Sweden then...

I don´t know why they even need to translate anything for Sweden.

Every single swede interested in Xbox speaks english pretty much fluently

Finding a store selling Xbox Ones in Sweden is pretty easy right now, but yeah, without a marketing push until September it's pretty much dead (or at least severely lagging behind).

Hoo-doo

Banned
Ten bucks says none of the native languages will be supported for voice recognition, making it a completely useless feature for mass market.

Launching a console 10 months later in the majority of markets? That's one approach.

iNJk59f.gif

Top Bottom