• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

danowat

Banned
Edit : should have said this was on the webstore.

Just a quick word of warning......

I noticed Gas Guzzlers was up today, with a free trial, so I decided to download it, I noticed when I hit the get free trial button, it actually hit the buy button, luckily I noticed that it said £19.99 instead or free and didn't click get.

I tried again, and I noticed that the BUY button actually loads a lot quicker than the TRY button, so if you try and click TRY before the ENTIRE page has loaded, it defaults to buy.

Vert boil

Released today,

Gas Guzzlers Extreme - 25$, 13.87GB.
(Trial available.)

jesu

Edit : should have said this was on the webstore.

Just a quick word of warning......

I noticed Gas Guzzlers was up today, with a free trial, so I decided to download it, I noticed when I hit the get free trial button, it actually hit the buy button, luckily I noticed that it said £19.99 instead or free and didn't click get.

I tried again, and I noticed that the BUY button actually loads a lot quicker than the TRY button, so if you try and click TRY before the ENTIRE page has loaded, it defaults to buy.

Just nearly happened to me, I definitely hit the try for free button but when the window opened it was trying to charge me using paypal.

Got the demo downloading now but it's ridiculously slow for some reason
900Kb/s?

Montresor

Does anyone else think the "Coming soon..." portion of the XB1 game store is a little light?

It doesn't have Scalebound, Crackdown 3, or Sea of Thieves. This section of the store always used to have store pages for those kinds of games, even if they were far away from release...

I mean we know Bastion is coming out December 12th, but it's not on the store. December 12th is pretty soon.

Does anyone else think the "Coming soon..." portion of the XB1 game store is a little light?

It doesn't have Scalebound, Crackdown 3, or Sea of Thieves. This section of the store always used to have store pages for those kinds of games, even if they were far away from release...

I mean we know Bastion is coming out December 12th, but it's not on the store. December 12th is pretty soon.

The 'Coming Soon' section is always a bit odd. It has some really long-term titles on there (Homefront was on it for aaagggess before release), but not others, and some games get added to the store mere weeks before release.

Montresor

Finished off Among The Sleep last week. Can't remember if I posted my full thoughts here but I didn't like it very much. I'll give it a 2/5. Its strengths are its atmosphere (it legitimately, legitimately made me scared in certain parts, but only when there was a monster / active threat), and the neat way the game tries to illustrate the way a toddler would view the world when scared. But the game was otherwise boring and glitchy. I lost my save file once, and my progress in a level twice. Wasn't very fun. Slow game play, with puzzles that weren't compelling.

In the meantime I've started King's Quest and Oxenfree and I'm loving them both.

U2NUMB

So I am a bit confused by the Marvel Pinball collection vol 1. Was released on disc recently and the description says it will add tables to your pinball FX 2 library however I see a full set of achievements were just added for the disc. So is it an add on of the marvel tables or a full game? I also think its super over priced but whatever..

Description
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/marvel-pinball-epic-collection-vol-1-xbox-one/5593304.p?skuId=5593304

Achivements
http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/marvel-pinball-epic-collection-vol-1/achievements/

Oynox

I wish that the Overcooked DLC had achievements.

Did you buy it already? Is it worth the 5 bucks? Considering the whole game was like 15 bucks and I am supposed to pay one third of the price for only 6 new levels sounds a bit steep. But yeah, I loved the couch coop action so I think I will hop back in when my significant other is back with me again.

Montresor

Did you buy it already? Is it worth the 5 bucks? Considering the whole game was like 15 bucks and I am supposed to pay one third of the price for only 6 new levels sounds a bit steep. But yeah, I loved the couch coop action so I think I will hop back in when my significant other is back with me again.

No I didn't buy it. But I bought and played Overcooked at launch and found it to be incredible. One of my favourite games of the year easily. It will make my top 10 (just not my top 5 though).

Oynox

No I didn't buy it. But I bought and played Overcooked at launch and found it to be incredible. One of my favourite games of the year easily. It will make my top 10 (just not my top 5 though).

For me it's definitely in my top 5. That might be because I did not play too many games this year but since it was such a joy to play with my girlfriend it certainly was the most entertaining game I played this year.

Bought Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime afterwards because we were stoked to play more fun coop games but compared to Overcooked, Lovers is quite boring :/

Montresor

For me it's definitely in my top 5. That might be because I did not play too many games this year but since it was such a joy to play with my girlfriend it certainly was the most entertaining game I played this year.

Bought Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime afterwards because we were stoked to play more fun coop games but compared to Overcooked, Lovers is quite boring :/

I found Lovers to be really boring without a full group of 4 people.

If you don`t have someone manning the navigation exclusively and manning the shield exclusively, then it gets really boring and tedious. It`s not fun to keep switching between different stations in Lovers. I almost wanted to give up on the game, but I ended up knocking the 1000 gamerscore on a weekend with a couple of buddies over.

Montresor

;( I had a GunWorld gag lined up. SAD!

Hahah. I just looked up Gunworld and saw it has a couple of 1-gamerscore achievements. Well if anyone else was wondering, in my original post I said I was going to quit playing Solus Project, but the darn game made my overall gamerscore end in 9. So I wanted help/tips to find two fast and easy achievements in the game to bring my gamerscore back to a multiple of five.

Montresor

I finished King's Quest Episode 1. Only got 375/1000 gamerscore. Holy moly at all the missable achievements. I'll be doing a second playthrough to complete everything before I move onto Episode 2.

King's Quest was really refreshing in terms of story + game play. I loved the storytelling structure, the way the main character (at an elderly age) is narrating the story with his granddaughter, and their playful dialogue, puns, and the main story itself which has charming characters and a lot of funny conversations/situations. And there's actual puzzle solving too!

The performance is very disappointing though. When you are exploring in the forest, the game is constantly hitching. It's really disappointing. I just hate this kind of stuff. =/ It actually made me pretty upset. I don't think it's worth skipping the game over the performance, but it was disappointing. :(

I also bought the Batman Telltale game because of the Black Friday sales. That game is incredible in a very, very surprising way. When I hear Telltale, I immediately assume the game will have performance problems, but this game looks amazing and performs very well on XB1. Absolutely loved the characters and stories. I think stuff like Walking Dead Michonne, Minecraft, Tales from the Borderlands, and Game of Thrones were "just okay" at worst and "pretty good" at best. It's been awhile since I could call one of these games amazing - and Batman Telltale hits all the right notes for me and reminds me of the glory days of Walking Dead Season 1, Walking Dead Season 2, and Wolf Among Us.

Somehow, this thread missed Yesterday Origins. Probably, because it came out on a Thursday. It plays like a new adventure game. The game has a sense of humor, but it is M-rated for many reasons. I'm really enjoying what I have played so far.

Montresor

Somehow, this thread missed Yesterday Origins. Probably, because it came out on a Thursday. It plays like a new adventure game. The game has a sense of humor, but it is M-rated for many reasons. I'm really enjoying what I have played so far.

Vert Boil rarely misses anything. :)

I saw this game over the weekend. $40 is pretty steep for such an unknown game. It looks amazing, I'll give it that.

I dropped $40 without hesitation on The Witness and loved it. But it was a known quantity. 7 years in development by the maker of Braid. I don't know anything about Yesterday Origins.

eastx

Vert Boil rarely misses anything. :)

I saw this game over the weekend. $40 is pretty steep for such an unknown game. It looks amazing, I'll give it that.

I dropped $40 without hesitation on The Witness and loved it. But it was a known quantity. 7 years in development by the maker of Braid. I don't know anything about Yesterday Origins.

Well, the publisher Microids makes some great adventure games, such as... Siberia 3. The demo of Yesterday's Origins they gave me at E3 was very cool.

Vert boil

I live in Brazil and I am truly surprised by this. Does not make sense if the devs did not go for a ESRB, and for sure Brazilian Ratings take more time.

I'm presuming they are waiting for a wider release when it comes to other platforms next year. They already got through greenlight so additional plans are already in motion.

I'm presuming they are waiting for a wider release when it comes to other platforms next year. They already got through greenlight so additional plans are already in motion.

Hummm. I may dig the story a bit. I am out of the loop for a while now, but I still know some major players in the Brazilian indie development.

On a plus side, games are cheaper here, it would go for US$ 10 when release, but R$19 means less than $6.

Oynox

Does anyone know an ETA for Shadow Tactics Blade of the Shogun? As a big Desperados fan this looks extremely intriguing and my go to review plattform gave it an Gold award at 85%.

Vert boil

Does anyone know an ETA for Shadow Tactics Blade of the Shogun? As a big Desperados fan this looks extremely intriguing and my go to review plattform gave it an Gold award at 85%.

Press release from yesterday still just says 2017.

edit,
and not five minutes later...

Bracknell, UK, 23rd November, 2016 – Following on from the successful launches of strategy titles such as Tropico 5, Grand Ages: Medieval, and Dungeons 2 on console, Kalypso Media is thrilled to announce an exciting new partnership with Daedalic Entertainment to bring the renowned publisher’s new, existing and upcoming strategy games to current generation consoles on a worldwide scale. With Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun (Q2 2017),

Top Bottom