• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Exclusive D4 is selling like complete shit, please help me #SaveD4

Rising_Hei

If it was fully funded by MS why would they need people to save it buying it? the future of the game should be secured... (is there any source that says that it's fully funded or it is just part of a partnership program)

It's just an assumption, i should've made it clear :/ but still

Bsigg12

If it was fully funded by MS why would they need people to save it buying it? the future of the game should be secured... (is there any source that says that it's fully funded or it is just part of a partnership program)

Because they are currently not working on anymore episodes and SWERY said that we would have to take it up with Microsoft.

Finally got to fire up this game for the first time, and I really, really don't like it. The whole "move your floating hand around until you find the pixel" thing seems really clunky. Every single aspect of the game seems like something from the Dreamcast era. :(

Synth

If MS funded it, then they're dependent on MS funding more in order for it to continue. If it doesn't sell, this probably won't happen.

sangreal

I got it after I finished episode 2.

interesting, I finished episode 2 but I am pretty sure I don't have it. Then again, last time I booted it up it hadn't saved the fact that I finished and I had to go through the episode 2 ending again. Anyways, I guess I will take a look later -- thank you

Sanke__

Its really hard for me to feel sorry for people that throw their games to the xbox exclusive meat grinder

Why didnt anyone learn from alan wake

Will buy when i get an xbox one though

Jrs3000

Its really hard for me to feel sorry for people that throw their games to the xbox exclusive meat grinder

What xbox meat grinder? I'm not seeing it, elaborate. There's far worse companies that the meat grinder title applies too.

malfcn

I guess Remedy didn't learn with Alan Wake, because Quantum Break is Xbox only too.

Deals can be set up in a number of ways.
MS funds it with a contingency that it hits certain sales to receive future funding.
Imagine if you fully funded something and had 0 returns. Would you be weary of going further?

I managed to find xbox uk tweeted an image of all the xbox one exclusives and biggest blockbusters.

BzveSRKCUAA6p1R.jpg

http://twitter.com/xboxuk/status/521254588272635904

Seriously, where the fuck is D4?
That image says it all.

I thought that Mictosofts main appeal was bro shooters?

Hubble

Exactly.. If he wanted it to sell should have put it on ps4

Havin played D4, I wouldn't say it's a strict quirky Japanese game.

Yes, it has its moments but there inspired more by film/story techniques instead of being just quirky. For example, Amanda is a funny surprise but her role I don't want to spoil has been done before in television or movies. Same goes for a lot of its other stuff like Duncan, who has incredible fashion sense.

And looks like Sony never made Swery a compelling deal to put it on PS4 to fund the game....

Shauni

Oh yeah, forgot about this thread. I did end up buying the game, was going to wait for it to hit $10, but figured what the hell. Very odd game, but I'm having fun with it.

Having garbage like the Sleepy Dawgs port in such a prominent position, but relegating your own game to a tiny tile that's easily missed.

Good job, MS/Spencer.

I'm blown away by this effort.

danwarb

Alan Wake did fine on XBone and PC. Quantum Break is looking good.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Having garbage like the Sleepy Dawgs port in such a prominent position, but relegating your own game to a tiny tile that's easily missed.

Good job, MS/Spencer.

Who decides what goes there? Maybe you have to pay for that slot? If that's the case then it's also possible that those deals are done in advance like paying for a commercial spot on TV so MS couldn't just pull Sleeping Dogs from the spot and slot their own game in.

Who decides what goes there? Maybe you have to pay for that slot? If that's the case then it's also possible that those deals are done in advance like paying for a commercial spot on TV so MS couldn't just pull Sleeping Dogs from the spot and slot their own game in.

In that case why are they not getting more on the store front end?

Look at that picture and tell me if Sleeping Dogs needs tile that big, or any other game and it'll get less clicks. Split in half or 3 or something, the way MS are doing it is stupid right now.

Then you go inside the store... *vomit*

Good job, MS/Spencer.

A fucking TV show has a bigger tile than D4 in that pic.

Bleh. Such a half assed effort for a game that YOU GUYS FUNDED/PUBLISHED!

I managed to find xbox uk tweeted an image of all the xbox one exclusives and biggest blockbusters.

BzveSRKCUAA6p1R.jpg

http://twitter.com/xboxuk/status/521254588272635904

Seriously, where the fuck is D4?
That image says it all.

Gotta love that troll empty space at the end. D4 is literally the only Xbone 2014 exclusive absent.

Even the empty space in the other column bugs me. Stick Shadow of Mordor in there or something.

webkatt

I am tempted to try this but my hesitation of this being originally a Kinect integrated title has me worried. I am aware you can play with a controller.

Hollow man. Hollow words.

I Believe in Phil Spencer.

It begins.

#hollow

MS can't pay for their own slot? Not only that, why is the main tile so big? As Steve suggested, make it smaller to allow for more content advertisement and not just have one big ass tile that takes all the attention away from the other, smaller tiles.

A fucking TV show has a bigger tile than D4 in that pic.

Bleh. Such a half assed effort for a game that YOU GUYS FUNDED/PUBLISHED!

Don't worry, #hollow said they have something planned....

I bumped the OT for this sale, but it seems more relevant to post it here. D4 is on sale this week for $9.99 on the US Store. Now is a great time to buy this game. :)

sbrew

Banned
Love this game.

Another great example of why Phil Spencer and friends were castrated whimps when they removed the Kinect 2.0 after less than a year.

Corporate pussies.

statham

I bumped the OT for this sale, but it seems more relevant to post it here. D4 is on sale this week for $9.99 on the US Store. Now is a great time to buy this game. :)

this is new thread worthy to me. Lots of people buying the bundles right now, need to know.

aro52

Bought! :) I'm a week-old Xboner (SO bundle) and have an eBay'd Kinect showing up Wednesday. I'll need something to test it.

Top Bottom