• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Exclusive D4 is selling like complete shit, please help me #SaveD4

Azlan

I bought this game when it was released, but hadn't had the chance to start playing it until recently. Really enjoying it thus far. I hope this got enough support for Swery to continue making more episodes.

Anteros

Neo Member
I just did my part.

I picked up an Xbox One last weekend. D4 was the first game (except for the pack-in AC:Unity/Black Flag) that I bought.

I'm looking forward to playing it.

parabolee

Bought it back when it came out to support it. Still have not gotten time to play but I was a bug fan of Deadly Premonition and I wanted to support this game.

Bracket

My brother was interested in Murdered: Soul Suspect before the unfavorable reviews. Would D4 scratch a similar itch as far as a detective/mystery game goes?

Hubble

My brother was interested in Murdered: Soul Suspect before the unfavorable reviews. Would D4 scratch a similar itch as far as a detective/mystery game goes?

Absolutely. It's a big mystery and you're trying to solve a murder/figure out what happened. You slowly discover more details/clues.

it's on sale for 16.50 right now on Xbone store (Murdered souls is), as much as i like D4 it's still not complete so id go with Souls.

BraXzy

Haha... I tried to get my Xbox to watch E4 (TV channel here in the UK).. it instead proceeded to open D4. Gotta love that voice recognition!

To be fair, the name sucks.

I heard 'D4' originally and thought "There was a D3?". Then when found out what it was came away disappointed and not wanting to take interest. Seemed to be the reaction of everyone I know.

Not that I would have bought it, being on Xbone only.

Montresor

I heard 'D4' originally and thought "There was a D3?". Then when found out what it was came away disappointed and not wanting to take interest. Seemed to be the reaction of everyone I know.

I don't think that's being fair. If I interpreted your post correctly, you have said "The name sucks, but even if the game was appropriately named, I wouldn't have bought it because it's on Xbone only."

JayEH

Dark Dreams Don't Die is a great name.

Rembrandt

Banned

Wow, this was very interesting. Were you one of the people claiming the XB1's name was confusing because "there was already a first Xbox?!???"

I don't think that's being fair. If I interpreted your post correctly, you have said "The name sucks, but even if the game was appropriately named, I wouldn't have bought it because it's on Xbone only."

That's what I took away from it, too. I don't get the point of writing all of that and then just saying you wouldn't buy it anyways.

Anyways, I still haven't had the time to actually sit down and play this. I've made it past the intro twice now, lol. I'll have to play it over winter break for sure.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

I thought it was a continuation of the D series when it was first announced. :p

Hmm this might be one of those things that never get finished? Does anyone have an ultra cheap copy to sell? I'd like to play it, but I can't give $15 for it being unfinished.

If you're into collecting and unlocking everything, you'll easily get your money's worth (I spent nearly 40 hours with the game, although admittedly, some of that was tedious grinding), it's just that the story ends on a cliffhanger. But after Swery's recent statements, I'm confident that the story will get its resolution eventually, this way or another.

Montresor

Hah, statham is banned. But yes! I could really use some more D4 episodes. Fake edit: I just tried and failed to google the beginning of Episode 2 to post a youtube of it here - the recap at the beginning of Episode 2 had absolutely incredible, beautiful music. When I get home I'll fire up the game and just record it myself.

And as an aside: that's what's great about this gen (for PS4 and XB1) owners. The ability to easily record video game footage is fantastic. I have slowly been collecting all my favourite moments from the XB1 games I've played, trimming the videos down, and naming them appropriately, etc...

One thing i fear when it comes to phantom dust is they won't promote it like they might do with a halo/gears but I am confident with people like Ken lobb so strongly backing it, it won't be in this kind of situation. I hope more people buy this game.

One thing i fear when it comes to phantom dust is they won't promote it like they might do with a halo/gears but I am confident with people like Ken lobb so strongly backing it, it won't be in this kind of situation. I hope more people buy this game.

Of course something like Phantom Dust will never receive the attention that Halo and Gears do, but if they have a decent plan for it, akin to what they did with Killer Instinct, it should be fine.

Anything that gets the story finished. Although I do wonder how much money DP actually made on PC, since it was bundled in several indie bundles and generally priced low.

Top Bottom