• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One June Preview Update - My Real Name is External Storage

SURGEdude

Sorry if this has been answered, but when does the public release of these monthly updates usually occur? Or is it just when they decide it's ready?

mike4001_

I would expect it on Friday at the latest personally, considering the Kinectless consoles are out Monday

They could declare it finale by tomorrow.

Happened so with the Mai Update. Was about 3 days till the last update when they said they roll this out to the public and its declared final.

Ade

They could declare it finale by tomorrow.

Happened so with the Mai Update. Was about 3 days till the last update when they said they roll this out to the public and its declared final.

You'll probably know its final as soon as the "new" store tabs get updated to something relevant. :p

Isurus

Even after this latest update my receiver still will no longer power on with my Xbone. Hoping that they get that issue worked out before this update goes entirely live.

Etaber

Even after this latest update my receiver still will no longer power on with my Xbone. Hoping that they get that issue worked out before this update goes entirely live.

I had to delete and re-add my receiver in the settings to get it working again.

Isurus

I had to delete and re-add my receiver in the settings to get it working again.

Gotcha. I will try that out after work. Current the thing will power off with my Xbone; it just won't power on.

My daughter really wants it, but I just can't bite at that price.

I'm in the same boat. 4 year old really wants me to get it, but I can't justify that price. Hoping for a sale soon.

My XBO is acting all kinds of messed up today. My Kinect Keeps turning on and off, and my XBO tells me it's disconnected, I can't get into settings (so no hard powerdown) I was able to get int he store but no prices would show up, I can't manually log in, watch tv. It's totally useless.

Any one else having problems?

*Edit Was able to reset by holding down the power button, everything is back to normal.

K1ng P3n

My XBO is acting all kinds of messed up today. My Kinect Keeps turning on and off, and my XBO tells me it's disconnected, I can't get into settings (so no hard powerdown) I was able to get int he store but no prices would show up, I can't manually log in, watch tv. It's totally useless.

*Edit Was able to reset by holding down the power button, everything is back to normal.

If you want to power it down, just hold the Xbox button on the Xbox for 5 seconds and it should power it down completely.

Yeah, my Xbox One can randomly get wonky. For a while, I wasn't able to sign into my profile even when connected to Live. A hard reset usually fixes everything though.

mcrommert

Banned
Does anyone else still have issues where live tv does not have surround and is remixed as stereo...Anyone? Been this way since halfway through last set of updates.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Has anyone had achievements not unlocking? I've had 2 in Watch_Dogs so I'm unsure if its a game related issue or due to the preview update.

Redshirt

Banned
Yeah, I had trouble with a few Watch_Dogs achievements, which I figured was preview related. It all sorted itself out, but I never received notifications.

Lima

Why did they remove the ability to buy 360 games online using Microsoft account money?

The option was never there. It was possible back when allards where still around.

Has anyone had achievements not unlocking? I've had 2 in Watch_Dogs so I'm unsure if its a game related issue or due to the preview update.

Yeah, I had trouble with a few Watch_Dogs achievements, which I figured was preview related. It all sorted itself out, but I never received notifications.

It's not related to the beta. It's a bug in the achievement processing system. The achievement will show as 100% locked when looking at the details and will unlock later after it has been processed. This has been an issue since launch. I made them aware of it a few months ago in the preview forums. It's either not very high up on the list or is harder to fix than I think.

Bsigg12

The YouTube app received an update last night. You can now watch live streams on there. I will actually be able to watch Bombin in the AM rather than catching it once it's uploaded later while I eat breakfast!

Klocker

man... the update before this preview my "Xbox On" command worked flawlessly, first time every time.

since latest update .... not. bangs head.

Bessy67

I asked in the other thread about load times but it seems like that thread is dead, so I'll try here. Looking at these improvements in load times I've decided to get an external drive even though I'm still only at 44.6% used on my internal drive. I want to buy it at Target since I just got a pretty nice gift card from their game trade in program, and the two that my Target has that I'm considering are the WD My Book 3TB and the Seagate Expansion 3TB. What does GAF think is the better of those two? It sounds like the Seagate might be a bit faster (I think it's 7200rpm), but it also might be a bit less reliable...

muzzymate

The YouTube app received an update last night. You can now watch live streams on there. I will actually be able to watch Bombin in the AM rather than catching it once it's uploaded later while I eat breakfast!

But still no proper Media Remote support. Le sigh!

Hawk269

I asked in the other thread about load times but it seems like that thread is dead, so I'll try here. Looking at these improvements in load times I've decided to get an external drive even though I'm still only at 44.6% used on my internal drive. I want to buy it at Target since I just got a pretty nice gift card from their game trade in program, and the two that my Target has that I'm considering are the WD My Book 3TB and the Seagate Expansion 3TB. What does GAF think is the better of those two? It sounds like the Seagate might be a bit faster (I think it's 7200rpm), but it also might be a bit less reliable...

Seagate Expansion is what I would go with. I have two (one for each of my Xbox One's) and they are working great.

Kelsey

Banned
Have they updated the recording stuff to allow for Xbox Record That to work without Kinect (a button press or something) for all the people buying Xbox minus Kinect next monday?

When is this suppose to come out? During E3, or another pre-E3 cleaning house?
I'm guessing it'll be quite soon, given that they released something like 3 updates in 3 or 4 days and the most recent update doesn't list any known issues. The fact that they rolled these last few updates out so quickly possibly implies that they want to get it rolled out to everyone very shortly.

Have they updated the recording stuff to allow for Xbox Record That to work without Kinect (a button press or something) for all the people buying Xbox minus Kinect next monday?

It still requires Kinect and it may continue to be that way going forward. There are always going to be features the Kinect is required for.

OK so question, I'm trying to download some games after today's update and they all get to 99% and then say they need to be updated? I've updated my console and controller so what's the problem?

The Flash

Banned
The official update is now being released

http://majornelson.com/2014/06/03/available-starting-today-external-storage-real-names-gold-benefits-and-more/?linkId=8407965

The month of June will usher in exciting changes for Xbox One and Xbox 360 owners. The Xbox team has been hard at work on delivering the new capabilities we recently announced for fans, including highly anticipated Xbox One features like external storage, the ability to use your real name on Xbox Live, and improved SmartGlass integration. Both the Xbox One and Xbox 360 system updates will begin rolling out globally this week, giving fans more ways than ever to enjoy the best in gaming and entertainment with Xbox.

As Phil Spencer announced last month, with this update our catalogue of more than 180 apps and experiences (including fan favorites like Twitch, HBO GO, and Hulu Plus) across Xbox One and Xbox 360 will be available to everyone on Xbox.

Additionally, in the coming days, Hulu will begin rolling out a free 3-month trial of Hulu Plus for all Xbox Live Gold members in the U.S. Any Xbox Live Gold members who are not already Hulu Plus subscribers can sign up directly from within the Hulu Plus app and will receive a free 3-month trial of Hulu Plus.

Finally, for Xbox Live Gold members, Xbox One has gotten even better with this week’s launch of Games with Gold and Deals with Gold. Start playing both “Max: The Curse of Brotherhood” and “Halo: Spartan Assault” on Xbox One now, then be sure to check out the new virtual member area of the dashboard for the latest deals and discounts available exclusively for Xbox Live Gold members.

As always, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing what you think about these features and apps.

Tyrax

It still requires Kinect and it may continue to be that way going forward. There are always going to be features the Kinect is required for.

I could see then doing something like double tap the Xbox button, or press and hold to bring up a menu for "record that" (screenshot too please)

Bgamer90

Banned

You can snap or run game DVR in the background and record that way.

I could see then doing something like double tap the Xbox button, or press and hold to bring up a menu for "record that" (screenshot too please)

Possible.

Bsigg12

Well you can snap GameDVR before playing already but that is how it's always been.

The Flash

Banned
For the new page.

The June Update is now being released. Includes a free 3-month trial to Hulu Plus for U.S. Gold members.

http://majornelson.com/2014/06/03/available-starting-today-external-storage-real-names-gold-benefits-and-more/?linkId=8407965
The month of June will usher in exciting changes for Xbox One and Xbox 360 owners. The Xbox team has been hard at work on delivering the new capabilities we recently announced for fans, including highly anticipated Xbox One features like external storage, the ability to use your real name on Xbox Live, and improved SmartGlass integration. Both the Xbox One and Xbox 360 system updates will begin rolling out globally this week, giving fans more ways than ever to enjoy the best in gaming and entertainment with Xbox.

As Phil Spencer announced last month, with this update our catalogue of more than 180 apps and experiences (including fan favorites like Twitch, HBO GO, and Hulu Plus) across Xbox One and Xbox 360 will be available to everyone on Xbox.

Additionally, in the coming days, Hulu will begin rolling out a free 3-month trial of Hulu Plus for all Xbox Live Gold members in the U.S. Any Xbox Live Gold members who are not already Hulu Plus subscribers can sign up directly from within the Hulu Plus app and will receive a free 3-month trial of Hulu Plus.

Finally, for Xbox Live Gold members, Xbox One has gotten even better with this week’s launch of Games with Gold and Deals with Gold. Start playing both “Max: The Curse of Brotherhood” and “Halo: Spartan Assault” on Xbox One now, then be sure to check out the new virtual member area of the dashboard for the latest deals and discounts available exclusively for Xbox Live Gold members.

As always, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing what you think about these features and apps.

To check for the update, go to Settings > System > Update Console.

If no update is available, don't worry. The update will be installed automatically over the next few days.

Top Bottom