• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

clav

Does XB1 work with coaxial TV setups (i.e. non-tv receivers with no HDMI input/output)?

I'll still have the XB1 input via HDMI, but my TV service is coaxial only.

This is my mental state as I prepare for Xbox One.

G7JlRnB.png

I've had my ups and downs. My fair share of RRODs and Kinect 1.0 titles. That's what made me what I am today. Now I stand here before you. What you see is a console crafted to perfection. A pair of devices engineered to defy the laws of physics. And a mindset to master the most epic of launches.

Perfect.

VRMN

Does XB1 work with coaxial TV setups (i.e. non-tv receivers with no HDMI input/output)?

I'll still have the XB1 input via HDMI, but my TV service is coaxial only.

You'd need a converter from coaxial to HDMI. It might be cheaper to just ask your cable company for a new cable box. Modern ones do have HDMI out.

statham

This is my mental state as I prepare for Xbox One.

G7JlRnB.png

I've had my ups and downs. My fair share of RRODs and Kinect 1.0 titles. That's what made me what I am today. Now I stand here before you. What you see is a console crafted to perfection. A pair of devices engineered to defy the laws of physics. And a mindset to master the most epic of launches.

Nice.

still waiting for Target to confirm my day one edition is day one :(

Sofa King

Picked up Ghosts, but am waiting for the TRU deal to come to fruition. Wonder if they will have all 3 day one editions of the MS games when they open. Only wanted DR3, but may break down for the trifecta. BF3 is gonna have to wait until they prove that it works on XBO. Does anyone know which level of Killer Instinct comes with the Day One XBL gold card?

jbug617

Banned
New Phil Spencer interview by Polygon about post launch support for Xbox One games. Some quotes

"But I look at the next 18 to 24 months, and really on a month by month basis, you're going to have something you can go out and play," he said. "It's not really a portfolio plan that way, but when I look at the way the portfolio is laying out ... I think people are going to be happy with the lineup that's coming. And I haven't even mentioned when Halo is coming or some of the big mega franchises."

Instead, look toward Spike's VGX awards presentation, airing Dec. 7, where Spencer said, "We'll have some things to say there." From there, next year's Game Developers Conference and E3 will likely be where the majority of Xbox One announcements will hit.

"We've got a lot of news," Spencer said. "Frankly, we've got enough news that our E3 would be a little overloaded if we kept everything for that. We're being real thoughtful about the news that people want to hear and also the right time to announce games so that we're not too early."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/19/5123866/xbox-one-games-post-launch-phil-spencer-interview

Amazon UK having no movement whatsoever. Xbox One says Not Yet Dispatched as it has for ages now. BF4 and the charge kit are just listed as Pre-ordered. This does not ease my day one anxiety.

Mononoke

Banned
Hopefully Amazon works out for me tomorrow. Really want to join in on the Launch celebration with you guys.
AU7Amsc.gif

I'm strapped for cash after getting PS4 + 4 games. I can only get 2 games. One will definitely be Forza. Going back and forth between Dead Rising and Ryse. I guess I'll wait for Ryse reviews to lift. (Getting Kill Instinct digitally of course).

But he did tease more information about Remedy Entertainment's Quantum Break coming soon.

"We did a pretty deep dive [on Quantum Break] last week while we were in Europe, and I'm feeling really good about the creative. It may be before the end of the year when we talk more about what the story and the gameplay is... We have a pretty good piece that I'm trying to coerce people into putting out before the end of the year ... showing the full Remedy vision, with Sam [Lake] giving a pretty good description of how the game works with some new gameplay footage.

Obligatory

iyRJMd20ficCr.gif

Miles X

: D

I hope he's right and that the next 24 months are packed with games.

Second party initiatives and first parties (Rare, Black Tusk, Victoria, Lionheads second game, Osaka, Redmond and Good Science) all have to spill what they're doing!

FrankT

Spencer couldn't provide updates on 343 Industries next-gen Halo or Black Tusk Studios' game — "We really just wanted to announce [at E3] that the studio was up and running and they were doing something." But he did tease more information about Remedy Entertainment's Quantum Break coming soon.

"We did a pretty deep dive [on Quantum Break] last week while we were in Europe, and I'm feeling really good about the creative. It may be before the end of the year when we talk more about what the story and the gameplay is... We have a pretty good piece that I'm trying to coerce people into putting out before the end of the year ... showing the full Remedy vision, with Sam [Lake] giving a pretty good description of how the game works with some new gameplay footage.

"Maybe VGX would be a good place for that."

Additionally, Insomniac Games' Sunset Overdrive, also announced at E3 2013, is playable and "passed its vertical slice" that illustrates how it will play.

"We're playing a full section of the game and feeling really good about the open world gameplay that they've put together," he said. "I like the investment around new IP at the launch of a new console."

This is a great interview. Dropping nuggets!

danwarb

Amazon UK having no movement whatsoever. Xbox One says Not Yet Dispatched as it has for ages now. BF4 and the charge kit are just listed as Pre-ordered. This does not ease my day one anxiety.

It's all next-day free postage for pre-orders? They'll probably start tomorrow, or Thursday.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hopefully Amazon works out for me tomorrow. Really want to join in on the Launch celebration with you guys.
AU7Amsc.gif

I'm strapped for cash after getting PS4 + 4 games. I can only get 2 games. One will definitely be Forza. Going back and forth between Dead Rising and Ryse. I guess I'll wait for Ryse reviews to lift. (Getting Kill Instinct digitally of course).

Good luck!

Mononoke

Banned
Good luck!

Thanks man. It feels good to be on the Xbox train again. I got an OG Xbox back in the day. 360 at launch. I'll be honest, I was really sad that I wasn't interested in the Xbox One (or what I knew about it). But after seeing the UI and game reviews, I totally want an Xbox One. I just love Xbox Live, and the overall service Xbox provides. So that + the new UI...looks so amazing.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Am I the only one really, really, really interested to see what Black Tusk Studios' game is?

Top Bottom