• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Not sure how seriously we can take a review that didn't even take the time to fact check for gods sake. Did they just get some random guy who doesn't play games to review it while he wasn't busy?

FrankT

quick gif from the previous twitch
ibaNI64gsSWjdp.gif

clav

Me because I don't play many games (and PC is still preferred platform for me). So, when I look at non-gaming features XB1 wins for me.

I have a PC to game and use Windows 8.1.

Sigh. Microsoft hasn't convinced me that Kinect makes up for the experience.

What do you guys value?

I think I want one, but I second guess myself to the point of I just don't know.

I have a PC to game and use Windows 8.1.

Sigh. Microsoft hasn't convinced me that Kinect makes up for the experience.

What do you guys value?

For me, when I move back to India:
PC will be in a spare bedroom
For my entertainment/main area, I will need a blu-ray player, XB1 now can do that combine that with Skype, DVR (hopefully usable in India), Halo (pretty much main reason I like Xbox), Netflix, and use DLNA for streaming.

Apollo87

Neo Member
Guys at Ms, I know you are listening. Send this guy a fucking day one Xbox one. He has went to bat for you guys on this forum for years.

You wants some great pr on neogaf, there you go...

Yeah, I second this. I'm sorry for your loss SenjutsuSage.

Miles X

People like different games?

A lot are Forza fans...

Eh, yeah I agree. He was asking me if I knew what they were excited about, I don't know them so I can't answer.

Personally I'm excited about the OS, Snap, Controller, TV, KI, DR3, Peggle 2, Ryse, Xbox Fitness and Zoo Tycoon.

clav

Eh, yeah I agree. He was asking me if I knew what they were excited about, I don't know them so I can't answer.

Personally I'm excited about the OS, Snap, Controller, TV, KI, DR3, Peggle 2, Ryse, Xbox Fitness and Zoo Tycoon.

For me, I was either buying a XB1 or Surface 2.

I can't decide.

whynotboth.gif

I can only have one since I don't want to spoil myself.

sith ewok

Which games?

For me, it's primarily about Dead Rising, Forza, Killer Instinct, and Zoo Tycoon. (I'm hyped for Ryse, but I'm equally worried about it not being very good.) Between those and the amazing UI...

I was excited for the PS4 launch and I've enjoyed my time with it (especially Resogun and Knack), but I am far more psyched for the Xbox One. Initially, I was primarily just getting an X1 because many of my friends were sticking with Xbox. It has become the system I am more excited about it, though, by a long shot.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
http://rol.st/18lGp2H

Hardware review from Rolling Stone. They love it

At the same time they get things very wrong.

"Microsoft's most impressive exclusive launch titles are Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza Motorsport 5 and Dead Rising 3, which all run in 1080p at 60 frames per second."

I'm excited as hell for the system, but this part is blatantly false and gets accusations flying around here.

Miles X

For me, it's primarily about Dead Rising, Forza, Killer Instinct, and Zoo Tycoon. (I'm hyped for Ryse, but I'm equally worried about it not being very good.) Between those and the amazing UI...

I was excited for the PS4 launch and I've enjoyed my time with it (especially Resogun and Knack), but I am far more psyched for the Xbox One. Initially, I was primarily just getting an X1 because many of my friends were sticking with Xbox. It has become the system I am more excited about it, though, by a long shot.

Games really do help a lot, and the PS4 line up is lacking. Killzone was a bad choice because it competes directly with COD and Battlefield for shooters. Knack .... is Knack (actually I don't think it's had a fair shot). The rest is indies, great but very short/not a whole lot of depth/re playability usually.

I think the Xbox One OS is exciting a lot of people unlike the PS4's as well, I just generally saw no hype for it.

clav

I'm still bitter about backwards compatibility.

Already sold off my 360, and well, I just wish I could play my games natively without the cloud and without a hefty price.

I'll be over a $100 360.

Bsigg12

At the same time they get things very wrong.

"Microsoft's most impressive exclusive launch titles are Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza Motorsport 5 and Dead Rising 3, which all run in 1080p at 60 frames per second."

I'm excited as hell for the system, but this part is blatantly false and gets accusations flying around here.

I could deal with them saying its 1080p because there are tons of people that don't know the difference between upscaled and native but the 60fps thing is dumb.

This is my mental state as I prepare for Xbox One.

G7JlRnB.png

I've had my ups and downs. My fair share of RRODs and Kinect 1.0 titles. That's what made me what I am today. Now I stand here before you. What you see is a console crafted to perfection. A pair of devices engineered to defy the laws of physics. And a mindset to master the most epic of launches.

Guys at Ms, I know you are listening. Send this guy a fucking day one Xbox one. He has went to bat for you guys on this forum for years.

You wants some great pr on neogaf, there you go...

I second this. Senjutsu has been a Microsoft loyal since forever. Would be nice if Microsoft made this nice gesture.

Kacho

Seeing JCVD makes me want to watch Bloodsport right now. That'll be the first movie I watch on the Xbox One methinks.

Ecto311

Any good trade deals going to start up the new collection of One games?

GameStop a good option to dump some old games toward dead rising or better options out there?

Top Bottom