• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

GavinGT

Banned
So I'm hoping for Redbox to get going on Xbox One games so I can rent games Install them and then buy the digital copy and be set. Hopefully digital games get some solid sales this gen as well.

Same here. They announced they'll be offering Xbox One/PS4 games in select cities in the next couple weeks, so hopefully mine is one of them.

Fatter is better. Know what I'm sayin?

:p

image.php

sith ewok

Thanks for the video, I hadn't seen it yet. FW is one of my most anticipated games, mostly for the novelty. There seems to be a decent amount of fighters, and the gameplay seems leagues better than the first kinect fighters. Can't wait. :)

I got Fighter Within when it was part of the b2g1 sale on Target.com. Figured it was worth it as a free game... Hoping it is decent enough as a workout towards achievements. :)

Anyone finding any XBONE games in the wild yet?

I picked up my preordered copy of COD last week from Gamestop.

Bgamer90

Banned
Should also be hoping that Amazon has an XBL digital store in the works similar to what they did with PSN.

Good point. I hope so.

I also hope that the deals for Xbox 360 games at the MS Store will go over to Xbox One games in the future (both retail and digital).

Redshirt

Banned
I'm going all digital as well; there's just too many conveniences for me on the XB1 not to.

I just hope that MS gives us complete freedom when it comes to external hard drives. I hope there's an XB1 store on Amazon as well.

Good news is I may be able to get an x1 in 2 weeks, which is 2 weeks before the PS4 launch here in the UAE.

Just some questions if you guys know the answers:

1.if I get a us XB1 will it be 110v or 220v like here and I'll have to use a step down?

2. My current gamer tag is in the UAE region. Can I bring this to my new XB1 even though the UAE technically isn't supported yet?

3. If I have to choose an external region like USA or Australia, how can I purchase a game like killer instinct if I only have a UAE credit card and not a credit card from another region?

Pachimari

Seeing that I won't have much money for games next year, other than getting Titanfall, I think I'm gonna with a game, that will have replayability value to me at launch.

So it's probably gonna NBA 2K14. Maaaaybe Dead Rising 3, but I can't see Ryse having replayability value to me.

I don't know who "you guys" are, but I'm primarily a PC gamer who preferred xbox so much last gen that I only have 3 PSN friends, and I wasn't even going to get another console until I reserved a PS4 on a whim November 3rd, initially intending to flip it. My PC games look better. So I don't think I'm emotionally invested in some "war" if that's where you might think I'm coming from.

It is logical that they will both improve over time. That doesn't mean that Xbone games will look the same as PS4 games, it means that games on both platforms will look somewhat better than they do now. The PS4 has better hardware and an easier memory architecture to develop for. At worst it should vaguely maintain the same gap we have now, at best the gap will widen because it will in fact be easier to work with for that purpose. There is no logical reason to think the Xbone will simply "catch up" as long as it's internals cannot magically upgrade themselves.

The Xbone looks like a fun console, but buy it for the dream of better games, not the dream of not being graphically inferior at some point.
I was talking about resolution which will improve over time. I care only about the games. Like i said if Forza 5 can be 1080p at 60 fps threre is nothing to worry about it will only get better. I'm not worried about graphics. I know the PS4 is stronger but is not some huge gap that people try to make it out to be.

Dosia

Is it possible to preorder battlefield 4 for the xbox one digitally? I see if you preorder you get the first dlc currently, but I plan on going all digital this gen and I see no digital preorder.

REV 09

I don't know who "you guys" are, but I'm primarily a PC gamer who preferred xbox so much last gen that I only have 3 PSN friends, and I wasn't even going to get another console until I reserved a PS4 on a whim November 3rd, initially intending to flip it. My PC games look better. So I don't think I'm emotionally invested in some "war" if that's where you might think I'm coming from.

It is logical that they will both improve over time. That doesn't mean that Xbone games will look the same as PS4 games, it means that games on both platforms will look somewhat better than they do now. The PS4 has better hardware and an easier memory architecture to develop for. At worst it should vaguely maintain the same gap we have now, at best the gap will widen because it will in fact be easier to work with for that purpose. There is no logical reason to think the Xbone will simply "catch up" as long as it's internals cannot magically upgrade themselves.

The Xbone looks like a fun console, but buy it for the dream of better games, not the dream of not being graphically inferior at some point.

I think the gap will shrink, but that both consoles will get better. The reason the gap will shrink is due to the rumored delay in dev tools provided by MS for launch. It seems like 3rd party XO games struggled to hit their targets. I do not believe the gap between XO and PS4 is 720p vs 1080p, but more like 900p vs 1080p with all other settings being equal. Regardless, the PS4 is indeed the more powerful machine and if you value that above other features/games then it should be the preferred choice.

SO VERY READY

JxUtXhg.png

I didn't know quite what to think the first time I held an Xbox One controller a few weeks ago, but now I've got one here to really handle I'm feeling great about it. It's everything you loved about the 360 controller but better. I've said that the PlayStation DS4 is a huge step forward over the DS3 and brings it closer to parity with the Xbox and that's true but now that I have both here I have to say that the One controller still has the edge.

Also, nice touch, Microsoft :)

md9f1Ep.png

GuessWho

I was undecided if I wanted to get a XB1 or PS4, but after seeing how incredibly boring and bare bones the ps4 OS is, I'm gonna have to go with XB1. And it has KI.
I am definitely jumping in.

Amir0x

Banned
Me as well. It's one of the few big budget games with a different art style can't wait to see what next gen ddoes with unique graphic engines

The artwork for the game makes me fucking giddy with excitement. It's so bold and captivating.

sunset015asyj.png

sunset0239s1e.png

sunset03wzset.png

With the speed and agility for which you can traverse the environments to take out your foe, it could be the titanfall nobody even thought of.

The artwork for the game makes me fucking giddy with excitement. It's so bold and captivating.

sunset015asyj.png

sunset0239s1e.png

sunset03wzset.png

With the speed and agility for which you can traverse the environments to take out your foe, it could be the titanfall nobody even thought of.

Isn't it it done but those hacks that made that Orange cover game? Forgot the name, it was really generic, Zone or something like that.

Edit: Fuse.

UNCMark

Banned
So I'm hoping for Redbox to get going on Xbox One games so I can rent games Install them and then buy the digital copy and be set. Hopefully digital games get some solid sales this gen as well.

I expected them to have PS4 games and they didn't. Still haven't rented Wii U games either. I lost all hope for Redbox.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

sunset015asyj.png

sunset0239s1e.png

sunset03wzset.png

reminds me of classic 80s era 2000AD, like the Ballad of Halo Jones or D.R. and Quinch, with a soupcon of moebius.

Amir0x

Banned
Isn't it it done but those hacks that made that Orange cover game? Forgot the name, it was really generic, Zone or something like that.

Edit: Fuse.

yes, Fuse. But Insomniac has a very long track record and I don't think I can discredit them off that one game. They just released Ratchet: Into the Nexus, and it's really fucking good, glitches aside.

Hindle

Banned

sunset015asyj.png

sunset0239s1e.png

sunset03wzset.png

I've never actually seen that artwork, so holy shit. I'm very interested as to how the gameplays, maybe it could be a mature themed platformer.

Top Bottom