• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

yes, Fuse. But Insomniac has a very long track record and I don't think I can discredit them off that one game. They just released Ratchet: Into the Nexus, and it's really fucking good, glitches aside.

Insomniac? Resistance Insomniac? InFamous second Son Insomniac? What the fuck happened with Fuse? I mean their games always look like a B+ to me but Fuse was so generic.

Pachimari

Wait guys...

Can I only multitask if my games are digital?

So let's say I have Dead Rising 3 on disc and it's in the drive and I'm playing it. I can't switch to Internet Explore and then back to my game because it's on disc?

But that's possible on PS4, why not on Xbox One?

Amir0x

Banned
theres a hype bus?

I wanna be on it!

I'm driving but everyone is welcome aboard!

DONT WORRY I'M SOBER A YEAR NOW PEOPLE I CAN DRIVE GOD

Insomniac? Resistance Insomniac? InFamous second Son Insomniac? What the fuck happened with Fuse? I mean their games always look like a B+ to me but Fuse was so generic.

I think it was a bit about trying to find their voice in a multiplatform world and giving in a bit too much to the initial complaints about their vision. I think it was growing pains. This is an exclusive, and they've proven they do those quite well.

Nori Chan

The artwork for the game makes me fucking giddy with excitement. It's so bold and captivating.

sunset015asyj.png

sunset0239s1e.png

sunset03wzset.png

With the speed and agility for which you can traverse the environments to take out your foe, it could be the titanfall nobody even thought of.

Yep. It has exactly the vibe.

danwarb

Wait guys...

Can I only multitask if my games are digital?

So let's say I have Dead Rising 3 on disc and it's in the drive and I'm playing it. I can't switch to Internet Explore and then back to my game because it's on disc?

But that's possible on PS4, why not on Xbox One?

Yes you can do that. The game is installed either way, the disc is there for the license.

MaGlock

oh my god I just noticed Ronald McDonald on the one school bus lol

god please show more of this game Insomniac :p

Hope they show something at the launch event. Hopefully Sony teasing UC4 makes them pull something out of their hat. Doesn't need to be a new announcement but some footage of quantum break or sunset overdrive would be awesome. Also I saw your post in the PS4 stock thread. I live down in the Lehigh Valley no wild ps4s down here either.

derFeef

Hope they show something at the launch event. Hopefully Sony teasing UC4 makes them pull something out of their hat. Doesn't need to be a new announcement but some footage of quantum break or sunset overdrive would be awesome. Also I saw your post in the PS4 stock thread. I live down in the Lehigh Valley no wild ps4s down here either.

Maybe its's a Crackdown logo.

VRMN

Yes you can do that.
Yeah. The deal is that you can jump between games the same way, but only if they're installed digitally.

I expect you can only jump between two games and if one game is on disc and the other is digital, it'll also work. I'd like some clarification on how exactly that kind of thing works, though.

Both are now great. Much closer than ever before. But the XB1 still feels better in the hand. If like me you prefer asymmetrical sticks there's no question.

How would you rate the comfort level of holding the new XBOX controller versus the DS4? I'm not big fan of the symmetrical stick placement, but I love the return to the original pre-Dual Shock, Dual Analog-style long, rounded palm grip handles.

danwarb

Yeah. The deal is that you can jump between games the same way, but only if they're installed digitally.

I expect you can only jump between two games and if one game is on disc and the other is digital, it'll also work. I'd like some clarification on how exactly that kind of thing works, though.

You'd still have to load the other game into memory. Apps and TV (and matchmaking?) will switch instantly with whatever game is loaded.

I've heard this before and I think it's bullshit. I assume you mean they will both be getting 720p games or lower because developers will be pushing the hardware? That false equivalency would make sense if there wasn't a noticeable gap in power between the two consoles. A game that is 720p on Xbone will be 1080p on PS4, or it will have a better frame rate, or just better graphics in general, or a combination of those. Easily. A developer would have to pretty deliberately handicap their PS4 version to make both look the same.

I think he is saying that whatever issues developers are having with launch games on the bone will probably be sorted out soon enough, and later games won't suffer from these issues...

MaGlock

What up folks, any news from the last 12 hours?!

Nothing I've seen. Although I haven't seen it posted I just got the Sunday fliers. It's not target deal but toys r us is offering 15 dollars gift card with purchase of 2 60 dollar Xbox One games. Or 50 dollar gift card with purchase of 3 60 dollar Xbox One games

ParityBit

How large are the KI and golf downloads? I am thinking instead of buying a disc version of a game it could download a smaller game to play while grabbing Forza/Ryse/etc.

How large are the KI and golf downloads? I am thinking instead of buying a disc version of a game it could download a smaller game to play while grabbing Forza/Ryse/etc.

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag - 20GB
Battlefield 4 - 33GB
Call of Duty: Ghosts - 39GB
Dead Rising 3 - 19GB
FIFA 14 - 8GB
Fighter Within - 9.2GB
Forza Motorsport 5 - 31GB
Just Dance 2014 - 22GB
Killer Instinct - 3.4GB
Lococyle - 13GB
Madden NFL 25 - 12GB
NBA 2K14 - 43GB
NBA Live 14 - 9GB
Powerstar Golf - 3.9GB
Ryse: Son of Rome - 34GB
Skylanders: Swap Force - 15GB
Xbox Fitness - 246MB
Zoo Tycoon - 2.6GB
Zumba World Party - 24GB

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-11-early-xbox-one-users-detail-launch-game-install-sizes

Miles X

Nothing I've seen. Although I haven't seen it posted I just got the Sunday fliers. It's not target deal but toys r us is offering 15 dollars gift card with purchase of 2 60 dollar Xbox One games. Or 50 dollar gift card with purchase of 3 60 dollar Xbox One games

Oh lucky you, I'm gonna be price gouged by GAME UK £50 Zoo Tycoon, yay!

Well we did knock off 12 hours to launch so thats good.

4 Days!
(and 6 hours)
to go in UK!!!!!

VRMN

You'd still have to load the other game into memory. Apps and TV (and matchmaking?) will switch instantly with whatever game is loaded.

That's the part I'm confused about. I remember them demoing at E3 this idea of being able to set really specific matchmaking parameters, then switch out into another game while it does that for you. When a game has been found, Xbox Live notifies you that "your game is ready" and you swap right back into the multiplayer session.

After the 180, they said instant game switching is only truly possible if you've bought both games digitally. But now that they're close to launch they've been saying one game and 3-5 apps. So is instant game switching, regardless of purchasing method, gone?

derFeef

Hey those two guys sliding on the wires... they have names over their heads? Is that like a stylistic version of the Gamertags people will have to display who they are in games?
Yeah it's to show the game is online/coop based. Insomniac had a Q&A livestream where they answered questions about the game, I try to find it.

I'm seriously contemplating going all digital now. I'm mostly used to it on the PC but there are a few reasons why it would be beneficial to me with XB1 (and PS4):

1) I don't live in the US (but I am a few minutes away by plane). As a result trade-ins/resales aren't an option for me.

2) When I do buy games I usually have to wait 2-3 days after release to pick them up from the post office/mail forwarding service. I also end up paying a customs tax of 10% (used to be 45%) on videogames plus freight. So going digital would save me quite a few dollars.

3) I don't have many friends who will be getting a XB1 (mainly PS4s) so lending games won't ever be a concern.

4) Lastly, I have a 70 Mbps connection.

So yeah, I'm really considering the digital option now for the above reasons.

Amir0x

Banned
Yeah it's to show the game is online/coop based. Insomniac had a Q&A livestream where they answered questions about the game, I try to find it.

man that's cool. everything about this game is cool

edit: just noticed the sliding guy taking a shotgun shot at the one monster on the roof and then the monster falling off the roof hehe

Computer

Hey those two guys sliding on the wires... they have names over their heads? Is that like a stylistic version of the Gamertags people will have to display who they are in games?

Would make it a nightmare for me. My Gt is Computer and I get a flood of BS messages as it is.

Top Bottom