• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One October Preview detailed

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I have had this problem since few months now, sometimes I can't turn on Console through my controller. Specially when its not on standby, it mostly never turns on just by pressing the controller button. Controller turns on and you see that light blinking but nothing on the console side. So I manually have to press the power button on console.

vrln

Neo Member
Hm yes. I honestly don't know myself. It is definitely a problem. Do you have this problem for multiple controllers?

Same here, two controllers. It happened sometimes on release firmware too, but the preview program updates have made it more common. Especially lately it´s been happening basically every day. To be honest while I hope it will eventually be resolved, I´ve mostly seen it as an ok price to pay for using preview software. The snap centre and other improvements are worth it :)

Info: distance to Xbox One is around three meters, line of sight is uninterrupted (nothing in front of the console, it´s on a standard AV stand). The disconnect happens instantly and the light turns off, then when I press the Xbox button again it takes around 3-5 seconds for it to start blinking and then it connects again. Maybe takes another few seconds to start taking input. Both of my controllers are using the add-on official play & charge kit. I´m not sure about this last point, but sometimes it seems there is lag in the game controls before it disconnects - for example I was playing Destiny a few days ago and it a few times before the disconnect spend my character look around as if the stick was stuck in one direction.

Same here, two controllers. It happened sometimes on release firmware too, but the preview program updates have made it more common. Especially lately it´s been happening basically every day. To be honest while I hope it will eventually be resolved, I´ve mostly seen it as an ok price to pay for using preview software. The snap centre and other improvements are worth it :)

I also get my controller desynced every now and then. Have to turn the pad off and on again to get it working again.

Has been happening more with the latest preview than any other time.

Kampfheld

Banned
Everyone with controller desync issues:

Write me a PM please and include some more infos (batteries, distance, lenght of the desync, does it automatically reconnect, any other wireless devices close to the route, since when does this happen ...). I will forward this to the right person.

RulkezX

You guys with the controller issues ever used it as a pc controller? If I use mine on Pc it won't work with the console again without a resync.

vrln

Neo Member
You guys with the controller issues ever used it as a pc controller? If I use mine on Pc it won't work with the console again without a resync.

Nope, never used it with a PC. It´ s as if the entire console wireless pad connection shuts down for 5 seconds or so (pad light goes off, you get the "controller disconnected" message on Xbox). Then you have to reconnect the controller as if it had never been on the first place.

Kampfheld: PM sent, feel free to forward it to anyone at MS :)

Guerrilla

Nope, never used it with a PC. It´ s as if the entire console wireless pad connection shuts down for 5 seconds or so (pad light goes off, you get the "controller disconnected" message on Xbox). Then you have to reconnect the controller as if it had never been on the first place.

Kampfheld: PM sent, feel free to forward it to anyone at MS :)

Same here, but I would say it's shorter than 5 seconds, the controller tries to reconnect immediatley after

vrln

Neo Member
Same here, but I would say it's shorter than 5 seconds, the controller tries to reconnect immediatley after

I´m pretty sure mine never tries to reconnect at all after it loses connection, but I´ll keep this in mind and next time it happens I won´t instantly start pressing the Xbox button on the controller to check on this.

Wizman23

Banned
Add another vote to being able to turn off automatic game recordings. FIFA, and Forza Horizon 2 are the WORST offenders of this. If I want to record a clip, I'll record a clip. I don't want my feed filled up with stupid ass gameclips that are automatically recorded.

vrln

Neo Member
Add another vote to being able to turn off automatic game recordings. FIFA, and Forza Horizon 2 are the WORST offenders of this. If I want to record a clip, I'll record a clip. I don't want my feed filled up with stupid ass gameclips that are automatically recorded.

+1. This would be awesome to see in a future update. Currently the clips section gets spammed with these and as a consequence when cleaning up the list you sometimes easily accidentally delete clips you actually wanted to keep.

sangreal

I take it you haven't played Peggle 2 or Ryse

You can disable automatic recordings now, but I assume you mean on a game-by-game basis? Yeah, that'd be nice.

Holiday 2008 theme will makes its glorious return

I'd love to see an oldschool blades theme.

auto recording is annoying, Warframe does it when you get huge hill combos or swag supers but 90% of the time it will record a clip just using a skill in an empty room.

You can disable automatic recordings now, but I assume you mean on a game-by-game basis? Yeah, that'd be nice.

As it is now, you can't turn off auto-recording and publishing without also turning off GameDVR all together. It's all or nothing. So if you turn off auto-record and publish, then you can't use "Xbox Record That" or the new doubletap home button -> record.

Ideal situation:
  • Option to turn off auto-recording while preserving the ability to do on-demand GameDVR (e.g., "Xbox Record That" or Xbox -> Record)
  • Option to turn off auto-recording game by game

The only feature that I really want is screenshots, especially for GTAV. I run a Madden Online Franchise with a friend and while I record a lot of video for it, I'd especially want to just have a screenshot of the result of each game.

What if you could crop screenshots into avatar pics?

I wonder why we can't have user-uploaded avatar pics. Is it a technical hurdle or more of an effort to ensure they're all family-friendly? I think it's frustrating how few there are to choose from, and it doesn't seem like that list has grown much since launch.

Krilekk

Banned
What if you could crop screenshots into avatar pics?

I wonder why we can't have user-uploaded avatar pics. Is it a technical hurdle or more of an effort to ensure they're all family-friendly? I think it's frustrating how few there are to choose from, and it doesn't seem like that list has grown much since launch.

It's for family friendlyness. But looking at the gamertags I'm seeing every day they're doing a pretty bad job.

is it true that when this update rolls out i will be able to record clips by pressing xbox button twice and x? because right now its clumsy as fuck. also when is this update being released to mass public?

m23

is it true that when this update rolls out i will be able to record clips by pressing xbox button twice and x? because right now its clumsy as fuck. also when is this update being released to mass public?

Yes, that's available for preview members right now. That feature records the last 30 seconds.

No idea when the update is rolling out to the public. Probably very soon.

Yes, that's available for preview members right now. That feature records the last 30 seconds.

No idea when the update is rolling out to the public. Probably very soon.

thanks. sucks that its only 30 seconds, should be at least 5 min or give users the option. the whole video recording is very meh right now

Chitown B

Other devices connected wirelessly with your router near to your Xbox or controller can be the reason for the desync of the controller. We also had some problems with this and then we made some changes to our setup - everything is working now like it should. Just as an idea for you guys.

no, this is recent and seems to be due to an update since others have reported it recently.

Caayn

Just noticed that my achievements for Project Spark show up in Dutch instead of English. My console is set to the USA with English language, I thought this was fixed a while ago.

Does anyone else's Kinect turn off randomly? I have to unplug it and plug it back in from time to time to get it back on. I'm wondering if it's my Kinect dying or is it a known issue.

Caayn

Oh shit! They know!!
dog-surprise-reaction-when-vet-takes-its-temperature.gif

It always went with your IP region for some reason for achievements.
Strange thing is Trials and Kinect Sports Rivals used to do the same thing, only those started to show up in English a while ago so I assumed it was fixed but apparently it's still broken.

Klocker

Are we aware of, or is there a fix coming for, the controlling losing connection issue?

Just started after the last update following 11 months of perfect connection

sbrew

Banned
Are we aware of, or is there a fix coming for, the controlling losing connection issue?

Just started after the last update following 11 months of perfect connection

Mines been doing it since Day One. I'm not in the preview program, but I noticed I can hardly stay connected recently when using the stereo headphones with chat while playing Dead Rising 3.

I tried out a newer console manufactured in May 2014 and had hardly any disconnects.

It really doesn't make sense. I'm getting my console replaced with an Advanced Exchange and crossing my fingers.

In my opinion, the XB1 disconnecting controller issue is equivalent to the PS4 loud fan issue. Some claim every console has the problem and some claim it's only a problem on some defective ones. Bizarre.

Klocker

Mines been doing it since Day One. I'm not in the preview program, but I noticed I can hardly stay connected recently when using the stereo headphones with chat while playing Dead Rising 3.

I tried out a newer console manufactured in May 2014 and had hardly any disconnects.

It really doesn't make sense. I'm getting my console replaced with an Advanced Exchange and crossing my fingers.

In my opinion, the XB1 disconnecting controller issue is equivalent to the PS4 loud fan issue. Some claim every console has the problem and some claim it's only a problem on some defective ones. Bizarre.

Oh crap. Yea hate having to hard reboot everytime. Strange that it never happened until now. I updated the controller through USB last week after it was doing it repeatedly. Seemed to help but it happened again today.

Any quick reconnect solution rather than hard boot? I tried taking batteries out but no good.

sbrew

Banned
Yes, mine does. I have to restart the console completely to fix it.

Makes me feel a little better knowing someone else has this issue. Has MS acknowledged this as a known issue?

My Kinect had that problem for about a week about a month ago. I would have to hard reset the console to get it from turning off and on constantly. It fixed itself. Haven't seen the problem since.

sbrew

Banned
Oh crap. Yea hate having to hard reboot everytime. Strange that it never happened until now. I updated the controller through USB last week after it was doing it repeatedly. Seemed to help but it happened again today.

Any quick reconnect solution rather than hard boot? I tried taking batteries out but no good.

Oh, sorry... you are talking about the problem where you have to hard reboot to get the controller to connect again? I had that issue for a few days after I installed the Horizon 2 Demo, then it stopped by itself... just like my Kinect turning off/on issue.

I was talking about the regular controller on/off issue, which is sometimes instant.

Klocker

Oh, sorry... you are talking about the problem where you have to hard reboot to get the controller to connect again? I had that issue for a few days after I installed the Horizon 2 Demo, then it stopped by itself... just like my Kinect turning off/on issue.

I was talking about the regular controller on/off issue, which is sometimes instant.

Yes. It started with horizon and the patches and preview updates last week.

Oh well. Will probably get sorted again after another update

Novak

Is digital TV tuner support in this update or we will get another one before Oct 24

Are digital TV tuner testers under NDA?
I would like to know if it can pull tv guide from EPG signal. I am in tier N-1 country and we will never get One guide

JaggedSac

When we gonna hear about November?

Is digital TV tuner support in this update or we will get another one before Oct 24

Are digital TV tuner testers under NDA?
I would like to know if it can pull tv guide from EPG signal. I am in tier N-1 country and we will never get One guide

Is the tv guide a channel coming over the air?

Does MS not provide One guide listings for cable services in your area?

Top Bottom