• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One October Preview detailed

Makes me feel a little better knowing someone else has this issue. Has MS acknowledged this as a known issue?

Mine does this as well but thought it might have to do with me using a splitter for the cable box. If I turn on just the cable box and tv and switch to the Xbox it's fine. But if I use "Xbox on" or switch on the xbox and tv first the kinect cuts on and off.

Caayn

Just played the Disney Fantasia demo for roughly 30 minutes in which Kinect disconnected 7 times :(

It reminded me why I normally have Kinect unplugged, please fix this MS.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Just played the Disney Fantasia demo for roughly 30 minutes in which Kinect disconnected 7 times :(

this is an issue? had mine since launch with zero issues

That's rough, iv never heard of that happening before. Fantasia is mad fun though, had the full game for 3ish weeks now. Its a blast but I wish iv played more of it.

Bgamer90

Banned

It shouldn't be disconnecting that many times within that time period (or simply disconnecting at all to be honest).

Definitely sounds like something is wrong with the kinect that you have.

statham

Mine had that issue, had to send it in. The one they sent back works great.

Novak

When we gonna hear about November?

Is the tv guide a channel coming over the air?

Does MS not provide One guide listings for cable services in your area?

EPG (electronic program guide) is part of DVB standard, so it would be cool if they use it to populate One guide.
I live in Croatia so no MS provided One guide or any ms xbox support.
But i think it would not work even if they did have one guide for cable providers because OTA (DVB-T) has only abot 10-12 channels, while my IPTV provider carry 200-300 channels

What are some people hoping to see in future updates?

My list

One Guide Reminders with popups
Screenshots
Xbox Store "watch list"
More profile avatars
A Colour Wheel/RGB Value for dashboard colours.

Seventy70

I think it would be cool it they allowed you to make IR macros. For example, let you set a chain of commands for when you turn the Xbox on or off.

JaggedSac

I want to be able to voice search what is on TV.

More and more voice functionality in general. Plop Cortana on there for heavens sake. That is most likely coming in Win10 I would guess though. I should be able to say, "Xbox record the last 15 seconds" or "Xbox record the last 3 minutes". Or "Xbox pause this until I get back", or "Xbox volume down 20 notches". Or "Xbox, when this show is done, start a party and invite X, Y, Z and start Master Chief Collection."

Bessy67

I want to be able to voice search what is on TV.
Sadly I'm guessing ditching kinect from the package pretty much killed any chance of continued development for it.

Edit: Although like JaggedSac said, maybe Cortana could facilitate some of that stuff. I forgot about that.

I think it would be cool it they allowed you to make IR macros. For example, let you set a chain of commands for when you turn the Xbox on or off.
It already does. Unless you mean without kinect, in which case Xbox One doesn't have an IR blaster anymore. Harmony remotes work though.

Bsigg12

What are some people hoping to see in future updates?

My list

One Guide Reminders with popups
Screenshots
Xbox Store "watch list"
More profile avatars
A Colour Wheel/RGB Value for dashboard colours.

I like the list you have there. I would like to use screenshots you take in a game as an avatar.

-Cortana implemented

-Wish lists/gifting/selling of digital licenses

-Oneguude TV series following with updates and reminders on when it's on.

-Some new features I never even I knew I wanted

Seventy70

Sadly I'm guessing ditching kinect from the package pretty much killed any chance of continued development for it.

Edit: Although like JaggedSac said, maybe Cortana could facilitate some of that stuff. I forgot about that.

It already does. Unless you mean without kinect, in which case Xbox One doesn't have an IR blaster anymore. Harmony remotes work though.

What I mean is a way to set up a macro when you turn it off to press input and than left/right and then select to change the input back to something else on your TV.

Novak

- ability to switch tv input source on startup (by hdmi-cec or IR signal)
- more info in profile (bring back Bio, country,...)
- sleep timer
- shorter voice commands for some games
- subtitles support in the new media player
- option to disable auto recording
- Poker game (but as an app so we can snap it). Maybe some other simple games too.

jbug617

Banned
There is a new quick poll about early access updates (with new in-game features) and if people would be willing to have it even if you wouldn't be able to play multiplayer with friends.

Also a quest about the Xbox Store and how do you like it.

- ability to switch tv input source on startup (by hdmi-cec or IR signal) .

Microsoft needs to implement this in the future. They can no longer rely on Kinect being there to turn on the TV, and if they want to be the one stop show for everything media, I need the TV to turn on when I turn on my Xbox.

(for the smart people, would Microsoft be able to implement CEC support in the future?)

Kampfheld

Banned
I have not forgotten about the controller issues! Just a pretty busy time at the moment.

Update should be ready very soon.

@Vinterbird: will not happen at least in the foreseeable future.

I really just want a fix for rgb levels and the ability to output at 900p (and other non-standard resolutions common on xbone)

That would actually be rather nice, right now looking at my box my only options are 720 or 1080, though I am not sure if my TV or capture card would be compatable with something like 900 directly.

Kind of reminds me of the VGA issues the 360 had at launch, limited colours and outputs which were resolved half a year later.

klodeckel

Banned
Inu3hqi.png

Novak

@Vinterbird: will not happen at least in the foreseeable future.

Is this related to HDMI-CEC comment?

What about switching tv input via kinect at console startup?
It is already possible Via Smartglass so adding it to boot options should be trivial :
Turn tv on > delay > switch input.

Lack of this feature is preventing me to use xb1 for more than gaming. And by uservoice site i am not the only one.

Jallopy

Is this related to HDMI-CEC comment?

What about switching tv input via kinect at console startup?
It is already possible Via Smartglass so adding it to boot options should be trivial :
Turn tv on > delay > switch input.

Lack of this feature is preventing me to use xb1 for more than gaming. And by uservoice site i am not the only one.

What usage would cause you to change input at start-up? Not trying to be a jerk, just curious as to how you'd prefer to be using the XONE.

Jaxx

Banned
Is this update going to address the coil whine problem as rumored? And if so, how? Without actually physically addressing the problem, the only way I can think they'd be able to fix it is to make everyone's system run under more stress when in standby mode or when watching movies/browsing system menus.

Top Bottom