• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One October Preview detailed

Still really want a screen shot feature. Surprised its taken so long as its one of the top features requested.
So SmartGlass streaming is now just for the TV Tuner accessory? That sucks.
Always had been but Albert panello suggested its starting in TV tuner markets then planning to expand. I think us license agreements are preventing it.

RdN

Full DLNA with MKV support, Snap Center and the new Friends Tab in one update?

Color me impressed, MS. Great job.

malfcn

So when you are in a game Snap Center comes up instead of the pane.
Was wondering how the new snap and record would work.

Snap only snaps when not in games.
Snap will open the Center when in games.

That's nice if you accidentally Snap during a game.

Ya, should have clarified haha :p

It's like a blind pick... *which app will I get...NOW*

Have you put the console down hard yet? Maybe that gets fixed. Trying now.

So when you are in a game Snap Center comes up instead of the pane.
Was wondering how the new snap and record would work.

Snap only snaps when not in games.
Snap will open the Center when in games.

That's nice if you accidentally Snap during a game.

Have you put the console down hard yet? Maybe that gets fixed. Trying now.
I have not, been trying out the new stuffz. Let us know!

RowdyReverb

The feature itself is actually in there (feedback app) -- I think MS is just trying to find the perfect button combination.

If double-tap home + X is the new record, I'd guess it would be double-tap + Y or something similar. I think the reason it's taking so long is they're working on a way to take full-res screenshots without compression. After all, pretty screenshots are free marketing.

malfcn

Not a huge fan of everything defaulting to snap mode.
But I am sure I will get used to it.

No Compare Score in Snap Friends and pressing Menu on their name,, or opening the profile in snap.

Pressing the view button while watching TV now brings up a mini guide that lists the last 6 viewed channels...pretty damn handy when I will be switching between my local football game and redbone during commercials.

Hard reset did not fix the scrolling bug.
Someone already reported it in the 1410 forum.
Just saw the topic and posted as well. Should be an easy patch I reckon

The feature itself is actually in there (feedback app) -- I think MS is just trying to find the perfect button combination.
Yeah I agree they might need to get creative especially as they've downplayed the kinect with the last few updates.

I just want it before GTAV.

bananas

Banned
I used to be in the preview program on my old Xbox One, but I guess buying a new one I need to resign up? I thought it was tied to the gamertag..?

Anyway, if some could re-invite me, I'd appreciate it. My GT is: peaseybananas

Spasm

Got the update... No friends tab? Dafuq?

And it's about god damned time the friends app was snappable. Messages snapped is nice too.

jbug617

Banned
Got the update... No friends tab? Dafuq?

And it's about god damned time the friends app was snappable. Messages snapped is nice too.

Go on the dash and hold down LT RT and Y and it will refresh the dash. It should pop up then

The snapped friends list is really well implemented. Snap center is also pretty damn slick.

However, I don't like the way the friends tab is now moved to the right on the home screen. For some reason it just looks odd over there to me. Friends tab is nice overall though, just not sure about how the home screen looks now.

UND3RxOATH

Neo Member
I can't even begin to understand how long it takes to finally be accepted into the dashboard update program. Anyone interested is helping a fellow GAFER out?

:)

Note: I had no idea about that dashboard refresh (LT + RT + Y) combo that is a nice little feature.

Whogie

Oh man I've been waiting for DLNA! Not home yet to try.

Fyi, Universal Media Server (DLNA Server) recently added an Xbox One profile.

Top Bottom