• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Summer Update Preview (Cortana, new Game Library, Win10 app, more)

rjcc

Instant on does nothing for me.. I have had it on since the beginning and the updates only promp when I sit down to use it. Hell my Xbox one never turns off and the updates are never done.

It is getting a bit much with one every day... I really would not mind it but it seems to take forever each night.

in my experience it depends on when you play / when you have your xbox on standby. it will usually download overnight, but if you have it on, then it won't do it and you probably won't get the update until you play again.

Bsigg12

Another daily. Close?

The update is supposed to come out August 2nd so they gotta be close to making one of these builds their Anniversary Update for public build while finishing up bug finding/fixing with the updates they're pushing Preview members.

Anyone experiencing really slow download speeds with the last two or so builds? I just updated again tonight to the latest build and its still slow as hell. I'm downloading games at around 1Mbps.

When I test my network settings from the settings menu it shows a download speed of 74Mbps and upload of 15Mbps.

I haven't tried a hard reset lately and won't get a chance to do so tonight, heading of to bed now. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this? Thanks.

mike4001_

The update is supposed to come out August 2nd so they gotta be close to making one of these builds their Anniversary Update for public build while finishing up bug finding/fixing with the updates they're pushing Preview members.

My last information (what I read) is that die Xbox One update is not slated for August 2nd.

It will come a little bit later.

And since there are still several known issues this looks legit to me :)

I soooooooo want to opt out of the preview program as well, but I'm afraid of having issues like this. The CONSTANT updates are driving me crazy, I literally can't turn on my Xbox without there being an update and I know it's because of the program. The file size is pretty small but for some reason it takes forever to download and install and I'm just sick of it. I only signed up because of BC when it was in preview and now that it's out, I literally could care less about any of the other features they've introduced.

I'm assuming there's no way to opt out without the factory reset, is there?

Yeah, it was a bad decision. None of the games I purchased on the new dashboard during the sale work for me (Ass Creed Syndicate, Divinity, Banner Saga, RE6), which is really annoying. I also can't even opt back into the preview program because it says my status is pending.

Hoping the release the real dashboard soon so I can be free of this mess.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Another update again? Thats been 4 in a row now which kicked me out without a warning.

First three kicked me out of GTA races where I won/spectating or close to the finish line in first, two were premiums so lost 200k. Tonights just kicked me out while I was selling 700k worth of gear as a CEO.

I've just changed over the XB1 with my second one in the other room.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Dashboard has been feeling a lot snappier in the last two days. It's very evidently getting close to final build. The Store item pages are much nicer to navigate as well.

Agreed entirely about updates (relating to their frequency)

I'd just like a 'check for updates' button or something similar to the iOS app store within My Games and Apps that detects when updates are available and gives the user the choice of when to download them.

I'm getting less and less time to game these days (so my console isn't always on), so that soul crushing moment of when you go to start something up and get told there's a 10gb update to download is just the worst.

Kingbrave

Updates will be more frequent the closer to release we get so I assume everyday at 9 eastern US. Or whatever time you heathens live!

Lima

Agreed entirely about updates (relating to their frequency)

I'd just like a 'check for updates' button or something similar to the iOS app store within My Games and Apps that detects when updates are available and gives the user the choice of when to download them.

I'm getting less and less time to game these days (so my console isn't always on), so that soul crushing moment of when you go to start something up and get told there's a 10gb update to download is just the worst.

Am I like in bizarro land or why is this the second time in a day where someone complains about the absence of a feature that is in preview right now?

Kingbrave

New update tonight

HOW TO GET IT
• If your console is in Instant-On mode, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
• NOTE: Once the update is available, you can manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Console info & updates.
• If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 2:00 PM PDT 7/27/2016, you will be prompted to do so at that time.
DETAILS
OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160725-1822 Available: 6:30PM PDT 7/26 (1:00 AM GMT 27/7)
Thanks for helping us test the latest Xbox One update! We’re eager to show off the new features and experiences we’ve been working on. We’ve noted below a few important things to be aware of before you jump in.
• Certain content (games, apps, DLC) purchased in the new Store may only be available on consoles enrolled in the latest Preview update. This means… • Games purchased on a console running the latest Preview update can only be played on that console or other consoles running the latest Preview update. • Games purchased via Xbox.com can be played on any console.
• Games purchased on a console running the previous update can be played on any console.
• Certain parental control features aren’t functioning appropriately in the current build. As a result, we encourage users to exercise caution when letting children access a console that is using the latest Xbox One update until these issues are resolved.
• We’ve added several settings that are already found on Windows today. These include SmartScreen Filter, which sends URLs you visit in apps to Microsoft to check against a list of potentially harmful sites, and advertising ID, which helps Microsoft present you with more personalized ads in Universal Windows Apps. You can choose to turn these off and manage your preferences for how Xbox One uses your information in Settings.
FIXES
• My Games & Apps • Resolved an issue which could cause a blank tile to remain after uninstalling a universal app. • Resolved an issue which could sometimes cause universal apps to fail to launch.
• Home Universal app tiles should no longer show up as 0% installation progress on the Home dashboard.
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES
• My Games & Apps • If a universal app version of an app is available, the version which is not currently installed may appear under Ready to Install (causing what appears to be the same app both installed and in Ready to Install). • You may encounter an an installation error (0x800700002) when attempting to install or update universal apps. Workaround: Uninstall and reinstall the app. If you have the app installed on both the internal hard drive and an external hard drive, be sure to uninstall from both.
• Skype You may be unable to answer calls through Skype notifications.
• Netflix You may experience a “Do you own this game or app?” error when launching or using Netflix if it was installed by another user on the console. Workaround: While signed in as the primary user, uninstall Netflix, navigate to the Store, search for Netflix and select Free to download and install it.
• Profile When selecting “Add new” to add a new profile, the add profile interface may take up to 30 seconds to appear.
• Pins If you have pins on your Home to movies, TV shows, or music, they will disappear from Home when that app takes its new app update. The pins for the apps will stay on your Home, easy to get to.
• Community Calendar Links to the Store in Community Calendar event details do not currently function.

So earlier today I checked the store and saw these two things in the "New Games" section and downloaded them.

jtCtQxr.jpg

They both open to that outlook screen and crash.
They appear as installed on my Xbox XD

But I managed to open them, just a blank canvas and the cursor from edge, but moves way faster.

Ason

Another update again? Thats been 4 in a row now which kicked me out without a warning.

First three kicked me out of GTA races where I won/spectating or close to the finish line in first, two were premiums so lost 200k. Tonights just kicked me out while I was selling 700k worth of gear as a CEO.

I've just changed over the XB1 with my second one in the other room.

Four times and you haven't learned your lesson to check manually for updates before you start playing? =/

malfcn

Somehow I have the preview dash installed twice. One is external and one is internal. I didn't do this, and they are different sizes.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Somehow I have the preview dash installed twice. One is external and one is internal. I didn't do this, and they are different sizes.
What?
Isn't the Xbox OS installed on a separate internal flash drive? It doesn't install to HDDs.

Ason

They never showed and instant mode is enabled. No problems until Saturday I believe.

Have a hard time beliving that, but if you say so.

Maybe should have included that info in your previous post, looks like you ignorantly bring forced updates upon youself night after night, without trying any troubleshooting.

etta

my hard graphic balls

Maybe should have included that info in your previous post, looks like you ignorantly bring forced updates upon youself night after night, without trying any troubleshooting.
Chill out breh

malfcn

What?
Isn't the Xbox OS installed on a separate internal flash drive? It doesn't install to HDDs.

Preview app. One 19.9mb, other was 19.8mb. Both launched the same thing, so I deleted one.

Also, the Banner Saga 2 was installed internally even though I have the external as default. Strange.

And reading file names (bumpers + view) has some curious names. Fallout 4 is labeled "Institute" the media players are "Zune" and other dashboard related things are "Flight"

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Ason

Chill out breh

I'm chilled =)

Just tired of people complaining about getting their games interupted with forced updates night after night, when you can easily manually check and download them before you start your gaming session.

Theorry

More people have problems with uploading screenshots? I noticed that these last days none of mine screenshots appeared on the activity feed. Achievements and clips do. But when i select a screenshot i made there is a option to upload to xbox live wich should do it automatically but doesnt. But when i click on it it starts for a moment and then says uploading to xbox live failed?

So earlier this week I decided to start using Instant On again. Had it set to power saving for a long time before that. Yesterday before I went to sleep I powered it off with the controller and I powered it on just now also with the controller. But what I got was the Xbox One intro screen and long loading times and not directly into the dashboard as it should. Why did this happen? I did have a preview update before I went to sleep. After that was done it went to the dashboard and I then powered it off.

etta

my hard graphic balls
So earlier this week I decided to start using Instant On again. Had it set to power saving for a long time before that. Yesterday before I went to sleep I powered it off with the controller and I powered it on just now also with the controller. But what I got was the Xbox One intro screen and long loading times and not directly into the dashboard as it should. Why did this happen? I did have a preview update before I went to sleep. After that was done it went to the dashboard and I then powered it off.
Where did it load to?

dLMN8R

Wowzers. 4Gb update. Any good stuff in this one?

that happens if you've missed an update.

Yep. If you don't miss any updates, they'll each be around 400MB in size.

If you're in preview, especially now, you should be using Instant On mode so that it automatically installs updates in the middle of the night.

You have around 18-24 hours after a Preview update is available before it force-installs on you. But if don't have Instant On enabled, there isn't much opportunity to install those updates.

(For ordinary non-preview updates, you have weeks before they get force-installed)

Where did it load to?

It was like I had the console on energy saving, because it had to load the whole green intro screen and from there it went into dashboard. Odd.

Even after the latest update, the updates list for games and apps still takes ages to load.

Kingbrave

After last nights update I cant launch Tomb Raider any more. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Had a problem with Killer Instinct where it wouldn't even launch and give an error and say there was a problem. Had to unistall and reinstall and that fixed it.

Just make sure you do a bug report.

Ason

Yep. If you don't miss any updates, they'll each be around 400MB in size.

If you're in preview, especially now, you should be using Instant On mode so that it automatically installs updates in the middle of the night.

You have around 18-24 hours after a Preview update is available before it force-installs on you. But if don't have Instant On enabled, there isn't much opportunity to install those updates.

(For ordinary non-preview updates, you have weeks before they get force-installed)

Um, actually there is.

Settings - System - Console info & Updates

I have manually triggered most of the updates last two weeks, so I don't risk getting forced updates when I actually use my console.

dLMN8R

Um, actually there is.

Settings - System - Console info & Updates

I have manually triggered most of the updates last two weeks, so I don't risk getting forced updates when I actually use my console.

I meant opportunity for automatic updates. Obviously you can do it yourself, but that results in a long interruption.

I don't know if Preview is causing this but yesterday before the latest update Crunchyroll worked fine. But now when I start the app it keeps loading and loading. The circle keeps spinning constantly. Anyone else have this too?

Lucifon

These daily updates are really annoying for causing the bug where the Xbox doesn't detect an external hard drive. Happens after every update, which is every day at the moment. Have to unplug it and plug it back in then it sees it.

I checked the Boot up options and i saw that i had not checked ''Keep my console, games and apps up to date.'' should it now automatically install preview updates during Instant on?

Zedox

I checked the Boot up options and i saw that i had not checked ''Keep my console, games and apps up to date.'' should it now automatically install preview updates during Instant on?

It should I believe, I've been waking up to new builds the past couple weeks.

UraMallas

Anybody have much quieter apps and games after the latest update? I feel like I have to turn the volume up on everything but the TV. Am I going crazy?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Anybody have much quieter apps and games after the latest update? I feel like I have to turn the volume up on everything but the TV. Am I going crazy?
Works fine for me.

On the dashboard topic, would anyone else like if it went back to the lighter backgrounds they used on the Xbox 360 dashboard? I'm navigating the Store on the Xbox One and I'm starting to dislike how it's a black background everywhere. Settings has that too. Maybe with the minor re-branding they are doing with the Xbox One S, it being white, they can go back to a more lighter coloured environment.

a9f2a4aa-e7b0-4adb-8384-411b4f5b8f28.png

18j158h9tj5irjpg.jpg

It just seems so much more pleasant to look at. The all black background now feels so enclosed and constricted.

Top Bottom