• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Summer Update Preview (Cortana, new Game Library, Win10 app, more)

Why wouldn't it stay?

I've said this in all thread relating to emulators on XB1, but they allow it on the Windows 10 store, why would they start shutting it down just because it's available on another platform?

I imagine Nintendo would be much more unhappy with an N64 emulator on competing hardware than they would be with yet another one of hundreds on PC. I wouldn't be shocked if Nintendo asked MS to take down, and if they did, MS would absolutely comply.

Caayn

UWP works alright. For my own app I didn't need to make any changes to get it working on Windows Mobile. The code that worked on PC worked the same on mobile. But to be fair it's a fairly simply password manager. Nowhere near the complexity of an emulator.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Just bought it as well. Will try it and see.

It seems Age of Empires Castle Siege is now marked with xbox support too, but it's not available yet.
It's a glitch or something...every ID@Xbox titles lists everything as having versions bt they don't. Altos Adventure listed Xbox and the dev told me on Twitter it shouldn't be showing that and it's not coming to Xbox

Caayn

Shame. I was still hoping for the option to disable the start-up and power-off sounds the systems makes since this preview.

Will be rolling out pretty soon.

The current preview build has been declared the public one.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/system-update-operating-system

I expect official news soon.

But it´s possible that they wait for August 2nd like other Windows 10 devices.

Obviously we haven't tried it yet but I wonder what Mike Ybarra was referring to when he said " We want to do that in a way that surprises fans "

http://www.xboxoneuk.com/xbox-one/news/background-music-is-in-the-works-says-mike-ybarra/

Going off the support notes it looks like it just plays over everything and not like the Xbox 360 which had custom soundtracks with faders and so on which is better imo.

Still waiting for these announcements planned for this year that were as big as backwards compatibility Ybarra was saying late last year.

mike4001_

Going off the support notes it looks like it just plays over everything and not like the Xbox 360 which had custom soundtracks with faders and so on which is better imo.

I think new games will be able to detect when music is playing and mute the own music track.

For old games they cannot just mute the game audio on a systemlevel because then also game-sounds would be muted.

I think new games will be able to detect whan music is playing and mute the own music track.

For old games they cannot just mute the game audio on a systemlevel because then also game-sounds would be muted.

For something like GTA V it would be great, on 360 this was all implemented properly from day one and going off the notes it doesn't mention ripping CDs to hard drive. I'm aware streaming and mp3s are now very popular but convenience is a nice thing to have.

Blam

Honestly love this update I've been using it forever and it runs and just is so much better.

I'd say the thing that really makes it is the updates panel in the my games and apps.

Zedox

I can't wait for the Windows Store to open for 3rd party devs on the Xbox. Shit about to get really interesting in these parts.

Bizzquik

The xone now supports the file picker, which allows apps to open arbitrary files from connected media devices.

Sweet. What about networked devices?

Dunno about that, I think it's not supported at the moment, but will try to see anything about future support.

This is all I want from the Anniversary update: the ability to stream music from my networked device (my computer).
Personally I'm not interested in streaming music apps; I want to pick the tracks.

Would love to hear when networked device music streaming is coming.

Zedox

How strict is the app curation?

The app curation is just as it is in the Windows 10 Store for PC (because it's the same store...). Only when you want to create a game that uses Xbox Live API do you have to go the extra mile. That's why I'm excited for it...devs can do (mostly) everything. MS still has some work to do though...like adding voice as input for textboxes.

Fuuuuuuuck!!!

I can only apologise to anyone that bought that emulator and it's not working / showing!

The link came up on my Twitter feed today and it looked like it would work. It definitely doesn't then?

JaggedSac

Fuuuuuuuck!!!

I can only apologise to anyone that bought that emulator and it's not working / showing!

The link came up on my Twitter feed today and it looked like it would work. It definitely doesn't then?

No worries. Only $6. Hopefully the dev uses that money and adds support if he hasn't already, lol.

Zedox

I looked at the app, saw that I had to pay, said eff it, my backlog is big enough anyways. I'll wait for the store to open to 3rd party devs. All other devs that are having their app entered into the store for people to use are devs that Microsoft specifically reached out to.

Xbox 360 use to be able to stream my entire iTunes and other libraries. I believe you could even plug in a iPod and use that. Does Xbox One even do any of those? I know those sound like antiquated features with streaming and all, and i stopped using it ages ago on 360, but it was still a cool feature.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Spoticast is a weeeird one actually, it checks your Spotify library, but streams the closest equivalent Youtube link it can, instead of streaming from Spotifys servers
Oh disregard then, I didn't research the app myself.
Xbox 360 use to be able to stream my entire iTunes and other libraries. I believe you could even plug in a iPod and use that. Does Xbox One even do any of those? I know those sound like antiquated features with streaming and all, and i stopped using it ages ago on 360, but it was still a cool feature.
You can add your iTunes music to your OneDrive and the Groove app > Collection will stream your songs for free, no need for a subscription.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Hey it still streams SOMETHING in the background from your spotify library, its basically what you'd expect, its also free
No that sounds yuck. Checking your songs and then streaming the closest thing to from YouTube, too much jank.
I thought they just used some Spotify APIs to stream instead.

SOR5

No that sounds yuck. Checking your songs and then streaming the closest thing to from YouTube, too much jank.
I thought they just used some Spotify APIs to stream instead.

Basically any music that has an accompanying music video that tries to shoehorn some story or dialogue or movie into it is fucked

sorry DJ Khaled fans

Pandora, as per the official support page on updates.

Cool!

For a feature that's been clamored about so much since XB1's release, I haven't really seen much coverage on it being released. I just happened to come across a random Xbox Support video that demonstrated it in action, which let me know it's now out...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcT1dB9J6Rw

I guess it's not a huge deal, but I was expecting a little more fanfare. Or maybe that is still to come.

Well my console just crashed for the first time. Was playing Rainbow Six Siege and everything stuttered for a second and then I was kicked to a black screen. Now I'm currently on the green boot up screen waiting for it to load.

Loaded fine. Weird.

MrBenchmark

Well my console just crashed for the first time. Was playing Rainbow Six Siege and everything stuttered for a second and then I was kicked to a black screen. Now I'm currently on the green boot up screen waiting for it to load.

Loaded fine. Weird.
Happens frequently playing ESO just reboot and carry on.

Top Bottom