• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Project Scorpio Announced - 6TFlops, 320GB/s - Fall 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocSeuss

I'm saying that Xbox One games will soon be Xbox One\Xbox Scorpio games. It will be the same game but now it will be made in a way so that it can play in 4K & so on on Xbox Scorpio.

People started talking about Xbox Scorpio isn't for 4K I posted the video to prove that it is. (this does not mean that it will only do 4K, I'm not even sure how y'all even come to the conclusion that I'm saying that it's only for 4K, but the fact is that it was made for 4K just like the PS4 Neo was made for 4K.)

Where am I saying that Xbox Scorpio has to be in 4K? I'm telling you that Xbox One games will be made so that they can run in 4K & so on on Scorpio.

So on means that it can do other things too but 4K is the main reason for Scorpio & Neo.

And please show me where I said the games will not look great. you're making stuff up & having your own little battle with yourself about something you think I said.

Why are you trying to downplay Xbox games? Your logic doesn't work.

You're really just saying "all of these scorpio games are REALLY just Xbox One games" like that matters, but, y'know, as a long time PC gamer here, I don't give a fuck.

Dragon Age Inquisition can look like this or it can look like this.

Let me put this in no uncertain terms: what you are saying is meaningless and has no value in this thread.

Microsoft wants to stomp Sony's ass. This isn't just some small upgrade. They're building a box because they've got egg on their face thanks to the X1 being such a step back from last gen's premiere console, the 360, and they want to get back into ass-kicking territory. This box is built to do that. It's not just a box to play up-rezzed Xbox One games. It's because Microsoft doesn't want people laughing at their weak-ass box anymore. They want to fuckin' dominate. AND have a kickass feature where they can stop worrying about architecture and push UWP. This is Microsoft's goal. Don't downplay it. Don't try to act like they're not trying to do anything less. They want to kick ass here.

Whether they will or not, that's another story, but yeah, your contributions to this thread have a net value of less than zero. It's shit like this that has contributed to my increasing lack of interest in posting. I want to have a good time. I want to talk about all the cool shit out there. Instead I gotta see people shitting over anything and everything that isn't a Sony product because they're weak-ass fucks who actually believe that "for the gamers" shit. This garbage ain't why I signed up.

MilkyJoe

You're really just saying "all of these scorpio games are REALLY just Xbox One games" like that matters, but, y'know, as a long time PC gamer here, I don't give a fuck.

Let me put this in no uncertain terms: what you are saying is meaningless and has no value in this thread.

Microsoft wants to stomp Sony's ass. This isn't just some small upgrade. They're building a box because they've got egg on their face thanks to the X1 being such a step back from last gen's premiere console, the 360, and they want to get back into ass-kicking territory. This box is built to do that. It's not just a box to play up-rezzed Xbox One games. It's because Microsoft doesn't want people laughing at their weak-ass box anymore. They want to fuckin' dominate. AND have a kickass feature where they can stop worrying about architecture and push UWP. This is Microsoft's goal. Don't downplay it. Don't try to act like they're not trying to do anything less. They want to kick ass here.

Whether they will or not, that's another story, but yeah, your contributions to this thread have a net value of less than zero. It's shit like this that has contributed to my increasing lack of interest in posting. I want to have a good time. I want to talk about all the cool shit out there. Instead I gotta see people shitting over anything and everything that isn't a Sony product because they're weak-ass fucks who actually believe that "for the gamers" shit. This garbage ain't why I signed up.

He'll deny it in 3-2-1-....

onQ123

SMH I'm saying that it's the same SKU it's only one game just like with the PS4 & Neo it's One game & that game is going to play on Xbox One & Scorpio. this is not something that I'm saying to downplay anything I'm telling you what Microsoft said themselves.

Watch the video I posted

DocSeuss

SMH I'm saying that it's the same SKU it's only one game just like with the PS4 & Neo it's One game & that game is going to play on Xbox One & Scorpio. this is not something that I'm saying to downplay anything I'm telling you what Microsoft said themselves.

Watch the video I posted

And I'm saying that there is literally no point to you providing this thread with useless information in a pitiful attempt to downplay a corporate strategy.

onQ123

In every post you have made in the last god know how many pages?

On PC there is this thing called Low - Medium - High - Ultra

Do you know what this means and what it is for?

What did I downplay?

By saying that it's One game? by saying Xbox Scorpio was made for 4K? if that's the case you should have a problem with Phil Spencer because these are his words not mines. watch the video

MilkyJoe

What did I downplay?

By saying that it's One game? by saying Xbox Scorpio was made for 4K? if that's the case you should have a problem with Phil Spencer because these are his words not mines. watch the video

Also his words

3rd time I have posted this for you.

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/74...rc=twsrc^tfw

Phil Spencer
‏@XboxP3
@ThatDudeizEric We'll talk more about this later but we never said we'd mandate 4K framebuffer, we won't.

DocSeuss

What did I downplay?

Why is it so vital to your existence that we understand this [~!UNTRUE!~] fact? What has driven you towards this bizarre attempt to beat this utterly useless information into our heads? Were you part of a secret project to create a super-soldier, and you became Captain Obvious?

Because there is literally no reason to even mention this information--much less repeat one's self as often as you--unless you're trying to downplay Microsoft.

MilkyJoe

Why is it so vital to your existence that we understand this [~!UNTRUE!~] fact? What has driven you towards this bizarre attempt to beat this utterly useless information into our heads? Were you part of a secret project to create a super-soldier, and you became Captain Obvious?

Because there is literally no reason to even mention this information--much less repeat one's self as often as you--unless you're trying to downplay Microsoft.

Tried to tell him that yesterday,

He is trying to say that 4K games can only look as good as a game running at 1080 on xbox and that PS4, using checkerboard rendering, means that they can look like Uncharted at 4K and the best Scorpio can look is Halo5 at 4K

That is his delusion

onQ123

In every post you have made in the last god know how many pages?

On PC there is this thing called Low - Medium - High - Ultra

Do you know what this means and what it is for?

How does that counter anything that I have said? like I said you have a battle going on with yourself about something you think I said because I haven't said anything about games not looking better or them not being able to use the power for better graphics at lower resolutions I just said that games will be made so that they can run on Xbox One & run on the Scorpio in 4K & so on. so on is all the extra stuff that can be done .

onQ123

Tried to tell him that yesterday,

He is trying to say that 4K games can only look as good as a game running at 1080 on xbox and that PS4, using checkerboard rendering, means that they can look like Uncharted at 4K and the best Scorpio can look is Halo5 at 4K

That is his delusion

LOL what?

I was saying that Xbox Scorpio is able to have real 4K versions of Xbox One games without checkerboard rendering while Neo will have to use checkerboard rendering & other cheap tricks to have 4K PS4 games.

You do understand that Scorpio is the one getting the praise right?

Bulby

How does that counter anything that I have said? like I said you have a battle going on with yourself about something you think I said because I haven't said anything about games not looking better or them not being able to use the power for better graphics at lower resolutions I just said that games will be made so that they can run on Xbox One & run on the Scorpio in 4K & so on. so on is all the extra stuff that can be done .

You dont mean 'will be made', you mean 'can be made'.

Or else you just argued with yourself in your own arguement

Three

Maybe that's because people got defensive and missed the woods for the trees and so he had to repeat the same thing over and over?

Again the original post

Xbox One games will soon have to be made to also run in 4K & so on for Scorpio & there will be no Scorpio exclusives so most likely they will just start making Xbox One games into UWP games that could be played on Xbox One , Scorpio & PC.

People concentrated on that part of the post. What isn't clear here exactly?

OnQ123 clearly believes scorpio was made for 4K but that 4k isn't mandated because that was what Phil himself said. That wasn't even the main part of his post but people have a real issue with defensiveness.

Nvidia?

Only company with proven mobile and console solutions experience.

Rumors had Nintendo using Nvidia I believe.
Totally forgot about them XD Indeed they are a strong possibility, didn't Nintendo tried to use them on 3ds?

I don't think Xbox One S counts in those 3. Neo is probably the one this year with Scorpio and NX next year.
Perhaps, but they tweeted something at E3 that made it seems like it counts. The tweet was something like: Scorpio and S are two of the semi custom designs that we talked about before IIRC.

MilkyJoe

Watch the video I posted

And you know full well what you are implying.

Uhhh, what? There is zero UWP requirement for supporting Scorpio, and MS would be hella foolish to even attempt this.

This is simply another performance target that your X1 build will now feature runtime behaviors for.
Actually uwp will be forced on Xbox devs eventually. But that doesn't mean they will have to release on the store.

NHale

With your post history you were either hacked today or you are telling the joke of the year.

Larogue

At 30 fps its not a problem.

PC is doing it for years with the GTX 980 Ti which is ~ 6TFs

Also adding that console games are more optimized than PC games, games with "current" graphical fidelity should run at 4K / 30 fps on Scorpio.

Wow, this misconception is still on going? This thread should really have, 'Nvidia Flops =/= AMD Flops' in the OT.

If I compare benchmarks of the RX 480 (5 TFs) with the GTX 980 (6 TFs), the latter one is about 10% faster.

Sounds about comparable to me with an error of about 10% which is basically nothing at the end of the day.

And as I have written, consoles have the advantage of a much more optimized version and coding to the metal.

It's true that Nvidia Flops =/= AMD Flops, but that statement only applies to PC gaming world.

Cause of multiple reasons, one of them, games being optimized for Nvidia, and AMD driver issues with DX11.

However in the console world, developers will have access to every single flop of that 6 TF with games made from scratch and optimized for that specific system.

A clear example of that is DOOM running on PC with Vulkan, being fully optimized for AMD GPUs. You can see how that 5.5 TF of the RX 480 truly shine compared to Nvidia counterparts.

Theonik

Boy does the new Titan make this look a bit pitiful. I hope MS has a serious rethink before next year.
Microsoft should totally stick a 350w chip in the Scorpio! Big GPU and big Zen CPU clocked at 4GHz! They should also put 12GB of HBM2 while they are at it! Also it should cost no more than $349!
(please)

Psymatiq

Neo Member
Boy does the new Titan make this look a bit pitiful. I hope MS has a serious rethink before next year.

Totally missed the point of consoles

missing-the-point.gif

The Neo is much more powerful compared to the PS4/Xbox One than the Scorpio is to the Neo however. If we go by the numbers we currently know. So it is always about perspective.
Purely on a flops metric neo is around 2 (rounding) ps4s, and Scorpio is around 3 (rounding as well) ps4s, so about the same jump.

The other specs are unknown, but memory and bandwidth are possibly a bigger jump from neo to Scorpio than ps4 to neo too, if the 12gb for Scorpio holds true.

And then there's the cpu, if ms uses anything other than jaguar the jump could be higher as well.

anothertech

At 30 fps its not a problem.

PC is doing it for years with the GTX 980 Ti which is ~ 6TFs

Also adding that console games are more optimized than PC games, games with "current" graphical fidelity should run at 4K / 30 fps on Scorpio.
Yes but AMD not Nvidia.

That said, closed system optimization could bridge the gap I agree. But at 4K native, games won't be getting much benefit. Shame really.

Yes but AMD not Nvidia.

That said, closed system optimization could bridge the gap I agree. But at 4K native, games won't be getting much benefit. Shame really.

Dont the amd gpu shine when a Games is optimized to use vulkan or dx12..

Struggles on dx11 are probably amd shitty ass drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom