• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Rewards Program announced (prizes for nerd points)

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
soco said:
i got an email today saying there were technical problems with this and they offered me two free XBLA games via codes in teh email. haven't checked to see if they work, but that's kinda cool. unfortunately the games were just joust and robotron, but hey.

Hmm, didn't get that e-mail. But I did finish the challenge today! Final points were gotten with the Yeti achievement in Alien Hominid, but the bulk came from getting 1000 pts on Call of Duty 2 (Veteran mode is hard dammit).

Too bad it looks like I can only collect my free Contra game at the end of the challenge.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Chi-Town said:
I was a little bummed when I finished and I was a day or too late and just got Contra and the gamerpic.(I was level 3). Imagine my suprise when I went and checked the Rewards today and all of a sudden I had 3 rewards. Seems they added an additional 1,000 copies of Fuzion Frenzy 2 as prizes.

Yep they added Fuzion Frenzy 2 to my rewards as well.

Gigglepoo

Weird, I thought I had signed up three weeks ago. I got an email today saying, in fact, I was still not registered. They gave me Joust and Robotron for my troubles. Damn shame I wasn't included from the beginning. I have almost 1,500 points already. I beat Crackdown and got almost every guild achievement point in Oblivion since I "signed up." Oh well...

soco said:
i got an email today saying there were technical problems with this and they offered me two free XBLA games via codes in teh email. haven't checked to see if they work, but that's kinda cool. unfortunately the games were just joust and robotron, but hey.

I got the same e-mail last night. Codes worked fine for me. Downloaded copies of Joust and Robotron from the arcade for free. :D

Gigglepoo said:
Weird, I thought I had signed up three weeks ago. I got an email today saying, in fact, I was still not registered. They gave me Joust and Robotron for my troubles. Damn shame I wasn't included from the beginning. I have almost 1,500 points already. I beat Crackdown and got almost every guild achievement point in Oblivion since I "signed up." Oh well...

I got the same email.

I'm kinda pissed because I unlocked all but 2 of bulletwitches achievements and dammit it all if that game doesn't just suck ass.

Anybody get FF2 yet? I think the contest doesn't end until April 22, but I was able to get Contra and the 200 points early. I thought maybe they shipped FF2 since it was "first available."

Just completed this. I really dislike Contra arcade :(

EDIT: So, any more of these contests on the horizon? The site you do this through is clearly equipped to handle a bunch of different Reward Programs.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Haven't gotten shit yet. I dont think Microsoft likes me. I'm still waiting for my prize for the Lumines Live contest that took place 3 months ago

Wario64 said:
I'm still waiting for my prize for the Lumines Live contest that took place 3 months ago

Didn't you get an email from MS? I got one a week ago. Also I received a hard copy via UPS delivery.

Congratulations! You are a potential Grand Prize Winner (subject to verification) of the Xbox Live Arcade Challenge...
...To qualify for and claim the Prize, the attached Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release form must be completed before and signed by a witness.

Then I had to fax and mail signed forms to MS.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Rocky_Balboa said:
Didn't you get an email from MS? I got one a week ago. Also I received a hard copy via UPS delivery.

Congratulations! You are a potential Grand Prize Winner (subject to verification) of the Xbox Live Arcade Challenge...
...To qualify for and claim the Prize, the attached Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release form must be completed before and signed by a witness.

Then I had to fax and mail signed forms to MS.

Hmm, maybe I didn't qualify then. I was sure I got in the top 100 though. I had pretty close to 100 clears or so

BenjaminBirdie said:
YES!!

A long and winding road through long winding games has led me here:

****ING VICTORY.

(...and not a moment too soon...)

Don't be too excited, it's the arcade version of Contra, not the NES version. :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I want my free Contra.

edit: Wait a minute, the code is already given to me. I had no idea...login to the rewards page and it gives you the codes.

Someone could have my old spice gamerpic code.

WW7H2-YJHTF-PC4BJ-CVGH6-2DK6T

Grecco

Can anyone log on to it to get the rewards? its supposed to end in a couple of hrs but it says its closed already. Guess No Contra For me

Just thought I'd bump this thread to remind people to go collect their 100 MS points & games of Contra if they participated. (Or Fuzion Frenzy 2 if you were so lucky).

Link to pick up your rewards.

I got mine.

Between various offers, pack-ins, and contests, I've picked up a lot of XBLA games: Hexic HD, Bankshot Billiards 2, Contra(in this contest), Robotron 2084, UNO, Totemball (those 3 in the xbox live vision gold pak), Frogger, Joust, and Texas Hold 'Em (was free for first week).

speculawyer said:
Just thought I'd bump this thread to remind people to go collect their 100 MS points & games of Contra if they participated. (Or Fuzion Frenzy 2 if you were so lucky).

Link to pick up your rewards.

I would if I could. Since I do not live in US, I had to use my "hacking skillz". I managed to sign in with a proxy IP a while ago, but after I got the 1500 points it didn't work anymore. So now I have an Xbox rewards account but I can't sign in and get the code for Contra and 100 points. :(

E: Hey! Who wants 100 points? Go fetch me my Contra code and I'll give the 100 points code to you.
Nevermind...

I got my points and Contra long ago (they can keep the gamer pic). Should I be correct in assuming now they'll ship me that shirt and FF2? I needs me some FF2 to trade-in for Forza 2.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Rocky_Balboa said:
Live Arcade Challenge Prize

Some people have gotten their prize. I was number 20 in the Lumines challenge and still without a prize. Over a month ago MS asked me to send my information and I haven't heard anything after that.

Any winners here?

Whattt....I thought the prize was 500 points or whatever? Now it's 1600? I'm pissed I didn't get in. Where the hell are the results anyway?

Wario64 said:
Whattt....I thought the prize was 500 points or whatever? Now it's 1600? I'm pissed I didn't get in. Where the hell are the results anyway?
The list

It was 500 points, but I guess they decided to give some more. I still haven't heard anything from them. I even sent an e-mail to the tournament support staff. I want my points!

Top Bottom