• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Rewards Program announced (prizes for nerd points)

rage1973

This is a horribly run contest or whatever you call it. When I try to sign up for the challenge it tells me to log on and register but after I do that it just takes me to the same page for signing up. You would think they can get some decent web developers to create an actual page that will work and be able to handle the load.

DMczaf

Woo, looks like it has been recording! IE7 was acting funny with the website, so i tried on Firefox and clicked Finish Challenge and gave me the correct total.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
rage1973 said:
This is a horribly run contest or whatever you call it. When I try to sign up for the challenge it tells me to log on and register but after I do that it just takes me to the same page for signing up. You would think they can get some decent web developers to create an actual page that will work and be able to handle the load.

This same thing was happening to me all last night with Firefox. If you're using that, try IE.

AirBrian

Holy mother****er these sites suck ass. I finally got signed-in using IE7 and the work around there (because Mozilla and FireFox wouldn't work), then finally registered using IE7 after about 20 attempts, then finally signed up for the Old Spice challange using Mozilla (because IE7 wouldn't work). Two days later...yay!

jedimike

I'm signed into the rewards site, but I just get an error when I click on the Old Spice banner and I get the same error when I click on the Challenges and Rewards tab. :/

This challenge deserves a huge LOL.

I sign up (I dont have broadband at my house, have to go somewhere else to get online to download stuff).

I have 14k points supposedly so that automatically gets me level 3.

Despite that, I have 27k on my 360 since I haven't uploaded my score recently.

Far too easy.

clav

Still doesn't work for me.

It just loops around the registration page over and over.

I hit submit. "Thank you for registering"

Go back to Xbox Rewards.

Registration form appears again.

What the hell...

HaloFans said:

Go back to Xbox Rewards.

What the hell...

Same here...

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
HaloFans said:

Go back to Xbox Rewards.

What the hell...

I signed up before and joined the challenge, but today the site is messed up. It keeps asking me to register (I already did dammit). If I submit it repeats the process again.

The site is b0rked.

^^^Go to My Challenges and click on the Old Spice challenge. Click 'I'm Finished' and it will tell you how much you need.

And it's about time the site is working, I was stalling on my achievements the last couple days to use them for this.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
sublime085 said:
^^^Go to My Challenges and click on the Old Spice challenge. Click 'I'm Finished' and it will tell you how much you need.

And it's about time the site is working, I was stalling on my achievements the last couple days to use them for this.

But once you click that, aren't you like...done with the challenge? As in you can't gain any more achievements for the contest?

It said,

"You have not yet completed this challenge.
You need 1500 more points to complete this challenge."

so I'm not that worried really

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sorry!

You have not yet completed this Challenge.

You still need 970 achievement points to complete the Challenge.

Guess it does work

970 points....I hope my bro still has Madden 06, I need a quick 1000 points

I worked hard last night and got a bunch of points on some arcade games including lame Paperboy.

Then I went to the site and found some page that said 'click here to start your challenge'. WTF? I signed up but never saw that page. Oh well, back to square 1.

speculawyer said:
I worked hard last night and got a bunch of points on some arcade games including lame Paperboy.

Then I went to the site and found some page that said 'click here to start your challenge'. WTF? I signed up but never saw that page. Oh well, back to square 1.

Damn, that sucks.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I think a good number of the people who registered got their points before realizing their mistake

One less copy of FF2 to be had boys. I feel a little dirty having to go the Madden '06 and College Basketball 2K6 route to get the 1500 points, but one does what one must.

meltpotato said:
i thought it was.. what can i do to ensure this? (i really ****ing hate how complicated this whole ID structure is)

I think go here I could be wrong though. I did it so long ago I don't remember the exact steps.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
For the people who got the level 3 eligibilty...did it say you won Fusion Frenzy 2? Cause it didn't for me, wtf? It only gave me 4 rewards when I clicked finished challenge, but I have well over 10k points

Wario64 said:
For the people who got the level 3 eligibilty...did it say you won Fusion Frenzy 2? Cause it didn't for me, wtf? It only gave me 4 rewards when I clicked finished challenge, but I have well over 10k points
maybe they ran out?

DMczaf

Wario64 said:

It was for the first 2500 people, they probably ran out. I got it though a couple of days ago.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
It was for the first 2500 people, they probably ran out. I got it though a couple of days ago.

Was it really worth playing through Eragon for Fusion Frenzy 2? :lol

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Was it really worth playing through Eragon for Fusion Frenzy 2? :lol

Yes it was!

http://www.ebay.com/

Now you can keep on simulating Madden seasons for your achievements :p

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
Yes it was!

http://www.ebay.com/

Now you can keep on simulating Madden seasons for your achievements :p

:lol

you win.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Wow, that sucks, you NEED to have 10,000 points at the time of joining the challenge to get level 3 status. Even if you get 10,000 points after clicking "join challenge", you won't get the level 3 rewards. How stupid

Anyone know when we get our prizes, and how we get Contra? I originally assumed we'd get everything after the challenge ended, but I got the 200 points added to my account as soon as I completed the level 3 challenge. Maybe they ship all physical items (FF2, T-shirt) after the contest, but after I got the MS points I was a little surprised I haven't been emailed a code for Contra.

joaomgcd

pooteeweet said:
Anyone know when we get our prizes, and how we get Contra? I originally assumed we'd get everything after the challenge ended, but I got the 200 points added to my account as soon as I completed the level 3 challenge. Maybe they ship all physical items (FF2, T-shirt) after the contest, but after I got the MS points I was a little surprised I haven't been emailed a code for Contra.

I'm just guessing here, but have you checked if you can just download it for free? I doubt it, but you can check...

joaomgcd said:
I'm just guessing here, but have you checked if you can just download it for free? I doubt it, but you can check...

Yeah, I did. I can either A) Buy it for 400 points, or B) Redeem a code. I'm not in any hurry to play Contra, but I found it odd they would give the points automatically but not a code.

Chi-Town

I was a little bummed when I finished and I was a day or too late and just got Contra and the gamerpic.(I was level 3). Imagine my suprise when I went and checked the Rewards today and all of a sudden I had 3 rewards. Seems they added an additional 1,000 copies of Fuzion Frenzy 2 as prizes.

soco

i got an email today saying there were technical problems with this and they offered me two free XBLA games via codes in teh email. haven't checked to see if they work, but that's kinda cool. unfortunately the games were just joust and robotron, but hey.

Top Bottom