• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Rewards Program announced (prizes for nerd points)

See I think that just registered you for xbox rewards in general not this challenge. I'm holding off on my 1500 pts till I make sure.

sableholic said:
See I think that just registered you for xbox rewards in general not this challenge. I'm holding off on my 1500 pts till I make sure.

Yeah, you have to go to "Challenges & Rewards" and then find the Old Spice challenge and then then join that one. Mine is still loading at that part. WHEEE!!

But the cool thing is they've set this up as clearly the first of many.

NERD POINTS FTW!!!

C4Lukins

BenjaminBirdie said:
Yeah, you have to go to "Challenges & Rewards" and then find the Old Spice challenge and then then join that one. Mine is still loading at that part. WHEEE!!

NERD POINTS FTW!!!

Whoops..... I hope I did not just waste the 1150 points I have earned so far.

Okay. I've joined the challenge. It doesn't seem like there's any specific list of games at all, at least nothing under rules. I'll do some more snooping. But Right-Click/Open In new Tab IS THE SECRET KEY Y'ALLZ.

Rorschach

BenjaminBirdie said:
Follow the steps at the Major Nelson comments and always right click and open in new tab for everything you do.
Made sure to follow every step to the T, but it didn't work. ><

Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow or something. :\

Jarmer

BenjaminBirdie said:

NERD POINTS FTW!!!

heh, good thing I read this thread, or else I wouldn't have known to do this, or to use Lukins method of joining.

Rhindle

BenjaminBirdie said:

NERD POINTS FTW!!!
Hmm...yes, looks like they're going to be doing more of these.

The prizes on this one kind of suck, so I think I'll save my easy Gamerpoint games for another occasion.

C4Lukins

BenjaminBirdie said:
Oh yeah, you totally did.

Yep I did. It says I need 1100 more. I got the 1500 but didn't press that damn button. I am going to go cry myself to sleep now. I so would have been one of the first 2500. I guess it is karma. I used Fuzion Frenzy 2 to get the last 500 :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
From Major Nelson:

Edit: This statement just in from the Marketing team:

Thank you for the incredible response to Xbox Rewards. The gaming community's interest has temporarily overloaded our servers and caused delays for those trying to register.

To help ensure everyone who wants to participate has the opportunity, the Old Spice Experience Challenge will be extended by three days. Now you have until April 15th 2007 to increase your Gamerscore by 1,500.

As a bonus, we are adding more rewards for this challenge, which means more gamers who successfully complete the challenge will get rewarded.

Our development team is hard at work to fix the problem. We expect the web site will be ready in 48 hours, please be patient and check back periodically.

Sweet! Hopefully they're good prizes

Wario64 said:
Sweet! Hopefully they're good prizes

The prizes are almost nothing . . . 200 MS points . . . top prize is a copy of Fuzion Frenzy 2. And by the massive response, I would not expect an increase in prizes.

Apparently people like to be rewarded for playing games. :D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
speculawyer said:
The prizes are almost nothing . . . 200 MS points . . . top prize is a copy of Fuzion Frenzy 2. And by the massive response, I would not expect an increase in prizes.

Apparently people like to be rewarded for playing games. :D

They're basically free prizes to regular gamers, can't complain

Wario64 said:
They're basically free prizes to regular gamers, can't complain

I'm not complaining . . . I'd actually like a copy of Fuzion Frenzy 2 to send to my nephew. Maybe if I practice on my copy for a few months then I'll be able to beat him for the first two days he owns it. :lol

xboxrewardswonja8.png

DMczaf

C4Lukins said:
Yep I did. It says I need 1100 more. I got the 1500 but didn't press that damn button. I am going to go cry myself to sleep now. I so would have been one of the first 2500. I guess it is karma. I used Fuzion Frenzy 2 to get the last 500 :)

Where do you go to find out how many more pts you need?

xBigDanx

This pisses me off. NOWHERE does it say that you MUST join the challenge before your points count. Even when joining, it repeatedly says "between Feb 12th and April 12th". It DOES NOT say "between the time of joining the challenge and April 12th" which is what it appears to really be.

I just sent off about 20 emails to any support contact info I could find so we'll see what happens... but I had my damn 1500 points.

C4Lukins

xBigDanx said:
This pisses me off. NOWHERE does it say that you MUST join the challenge before your points count. Even when joining, it repeatedly says "between Feb 12th and April 12th". It DOES NOT say "between the time of joining the challenge and April 12th" which is what it appears to really be.

I just sent off about 20 emails to any support contact info I could find so we'll see what happens... but I had my damn 1500 points.

Tell me if your crusade works. I did the same thing.

Jarmer

xBigDanx said:

yeah, I was really surprised at this as well. they don't tell you anywhere that you actually have to sign up for the individual challenge... If I hadn't read this thread, I would have done what you did.

joaomgcd

xBigDanx said:

While I don't think it's explicit, and you have a right to be mad, they do mention you have to join challenges. On that "about" page I linked to before, for instance.

I got through, but I'm a little confused.

I signed up and everything appears to be OK. But, it says that I'm not actually signed up for any challenges (even though it says "get 1500 points by 4/12"). Do I have to do anything else? Like do I have to click a link in an email to "officially" join? Or should I be OK if I just registered on the website?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I've completed the challenge as well, and I can answer any questions for people if you want, although I'm sure it's all under control.

DMczaf

Emerson said:
I've completed the challenge as well, and I can answer any questions for people if you want, although I'm sure it's all under control.

Where can I go to make sure my points are being counted? I completed some NBA2K7 achievements last night after signing up for the challenge.

How do you sign up for this specific challenge? I was finally able to register, but everytime I try to enter the challenge I get an error message.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
DMczaf said:
Where can I go to make sure my points are being counted? I completed some NBA2K7 achievements last night after signing up for the challenge.

As far as I know, there is no way to find that out on the Xbox Rewards site itself. However, this link:

http://www.mygamercard.net/rewardspy.php

keeps track of how many have finished the challenge (currently 312) and you can search for yourself to see how many you have gained in the contest. It's slow to update, but it works.

Wow......that site updates quick. I just registered 15 minutes ago and am already on there. Thanks for the link. I'm sure it will help everyone out tremendously.

Emerson, from my previous post:

I signed up and everything appears to be OK. But, it says that I'm not actually signed up for any challenges (even though it says "get 1500 points by 4/12"). Do I have to do anything else? Like do I have to click a link in an email to "officially" join? Or should I be OK if I just registered on the website?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
There's no email confirmation, but you need to go to "Challenges and Rewards", click on the Old Spice challenge, and then click Join Challenge.

Yeah, I finally got through and Join Challenge is greyed out for me too. But, the page didn't have time to fully load before it pooped out so maybe that had something to do with it.

xBigDanx said:

honestly, i didn't know that either, until i read the instructions.

you should have read the instructions.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Yeah I'm really glad I got confirmed this afternoon. I'm trying to just look at my account and the site's not going anywhere.

Top Bottom