• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X - $349 (clearing stock for refresh?)

Mr Hyde

MS probably has the numbers that nobody's buying physical games on Xbox anymore so makes sense to just drop the disk drive and go all out digital. Maybe it'll suck if you have a big collection of BC-compatible games though.

There are no leaks (actual leaks from usual APU / GPU leakers) about a mid-gen refresh from MS. As usual they are going to copy Sony's strategy and their next (powerful) console will likely be a discless console. But not before at least 2 years according to the complete lack of leaks.

Mowcno

$350 wtf. Thats an insane price and crazy they need to go that low to actually sell their stock.

A $150 price cut with a free game for a 3 year old console. Yikes. Not sure if this is official promotion or retailers just trying to get rid of their stock.

Last edited:

ManaByte

There are no leaks (actual leaks from usual APU / GPU leakers) about a mid-gen refresh from MS.

xbox_roadmap_to_2030_slide_deck_series_x_brooklin.jpg

xbox_roadmap_to_2030_slide_deck_sebile_controller.jpg

Last edited:
"Next gen" right now would be barely any better than (rumored) PS5 pro on GPU front, they could only improve more on CPU front.

It's too soon for big hardware upgrade.

I didn't say they would start it now. Just that they would be the first ones to release a next gen system.

Ar¢tos

$350 wtf. Thats an insane price and crazy they need to go that low to actually sell their stock.

A $150 price cut with a free game for a 3 year old console. Yikes. Not sure if this is official promotion or retailers just trying to get rid of their stock.
150$ is more than the retailer margin, cuts bigger than the retailer margin are usually by manufacturer order to move stock.

Mowcno

Let me know what planet you live on, because it's still going for $499 on mine.
They already sold all their stock on Amazon. If you're seeing $500 xbox's they are probably not "sold by Amazon" and are third party sellers.

So it seems they didn't have many Xbox consoles left and decided to heavily discount to ditch what they did have. Begs the question on why they did it and when will they get more stock.

Last edited:

SHA

Smells like a beefy update to upcoming games soon, it's like when the 360 hit low $180 to move units back in the day.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

I highly doubt a new refresh is suddenly going to drop imminently out of the blue when we're already into December. There would be leaks by now all over the place including retail. Next year sometime, sure, but not now. This is Xbox just trying to shift units due to poor sales I would have thought.

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

Sounds like MS's final step in making everything all digital for Xbox and make the console just a gamepass machine in a way.

Ive also noticed its impossible to get new games anymore from the CDKeys store

Thirty7ven

Banned
It could be, but low sales numbers also imply that they are being very aggressive in order to salvage holiday numbers for the console. A refresh is still far away. Announcing a slim at the vga also sounds very very “Xbox fan podcast” rumor material, when it really makes no sense to do that at the vga.

It’s a good deal either way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom