• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X/S HDMI CEC is Bad.

Javthusiast

Banned
This is about FIXING a bug. EASY PEASY.

I hope they will.

yeb1kVr.gif

dottme

Well your profile icon matches your intelligence.

HDMI-CEC is what allows you to use your TV REMOTE to function on your DEVICE, it's an old feature from 2006 or earlier that makes things much simpler and works almost universally on ALL DEVICES.

Easy peasy.

I get it you're a troll, great posting.

When HDMI-CEC is working correctly it should automatically go to the input of the device you just activated. You should file a bug as this is a HDMI-CEC issue.

If you have your device set to NOT turn off everything when you turn it off, the TV you have on SHOULD return to the previous HDMI port that was in use before turning on said device.

Here's a usage case, I turn on my PS4 Pro(has perfectly functional HDMI-CEC) the TV is off, my AVR is off, it turns on my TV and my AVR and all of those things instantly go to the correct port, regardless of what was previously used(usually port 3 for my cable box) when I turn off my PS4 Pro the TV goes back to HDMI Port 3.
My PS4 pro does it fine. The switch channel however is an additional command from the device. The XBox as to send it.
so I’m just wondering if the XSX can do it.

jaysius

Banned
My PS4 pro does it fine. The switch channel however is an additional command from the device. The XBox as to send it.
so I’m just wondering if the XSX can do it.

IF it doesn't than it should, this is a VERY basic feature.

Sometimes if my TV doesn't immediately go to PS4 Pro when I turn it on with the controller, when I press the PS button it'll go there.

Top Bottom