• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X turns 1

Same. Would love a series X and PS5, but they're still almost impossible to get hold of. I won't be getting one until they're available to buy "from the shelf", so probably 2024 😭
I joined a few whatsapp/telegram groups that have automatic notifications as soon as the store has it in stock. But it's always either an error on the sites or the consoles are gone before I can complete the checkout. It's crazy.

I have a series S. It's a great little console. But I still want a series X.

Wizz-Art

I finally got my XSX on June 12th, it was really difficult to secure one. I've been gaming on it every day. For me – as with the previous One consoles – I'm amazed that I can't hear the console when it's on at all. I love how I play my One games better then ever on it and seamless through cloud saves I can easily switch and sync upstairs with my One X or when I'm visiting my parents where my old One S is. Quick resume is a genious function which I make use of all the time and miss when I'm not able to with my older consoles. Now I'm enjoying Forza Horizon 5 on it for almost a week now non stop, it's beautiful and plays like a dream, it feels like next gen is finally taking off!

You need friends for that, most people seems to have only one friend....their console.
OKAY, OKAY, OKAY, WERE'RE GONNA BE LIKE THAT HUH!?

On the real though, I have no friends on Xbox since I haven't played an Xbox since the 360 days. Probably doesn't help that I haven't done any sort of PVP/PVE stuff since I got my Series X. Can't even bring myself to play Back 4 Blood and risk playing with *shudders* random people. Also I feel as if I need to get a headset for communication. I've been considering the official Xbox wireless headset but haven't heard good things about its audio quality. In the meantime I enjoy the solitude of single player experiences.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I finally got my XSX on June 12th, it was really difficult to secure one. I've been gaming on it every day. For me – as with the previous One consoles – I'm amazed that I can't hear the console when it's on at all. I love how I play my One games better then ever on it and seamless through cloud saves I can easily switch and sync upstairs with my One X or when I'm visiting my parents where my old One S is. Quick resume is a genious function which I make use of all the time and miss when I'm not able to with my older consoles. Now I'm enjoying Forza Horizon 5 on it for almost a week now non stop, it's beautiful and plays like a dream, it feels like next gen is finally taking off!
I loved the seamless handoff of Mass Effect Legendary Edition between my One X and XSX while I was playing that. I could save downstairs and turn off the One X and by the time I grabbed a snack and made it upstairs to XSX my save was already in the cloud and ready to sync.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I joined a few whatsapp/telegram groups that have automatic notifications as soon as the store has it in stock. But it's always either an error on the sites or the consoles are gone before I can complete the checkout. It's crazy.

I have a series S. It's a great little console. But I still want a series X.

Might have to bite and grab a Series S. I thought there would be stock available within the next 12 months for X and PS5, but now I'm not so sure.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Had my Series X since day one. Use Series X only for MS exclusives and PS5 is for everything else.

Never used quick resume don’t see the need for it. Gamepass is okay for me, never been interested in pixel art rouge likes and a lot of stuff on there I’ve already played. It will come good the next few months though with Halo and Forza.

absinth

Neo Member
I'm so glad I've managed to buy it a couple months after launch. Great piece of hardware, runs smoothly and sooo quiet.
The only technical glitch I experienced was my games disappeared from my library but returned after a few restarts :D
and Game Pass Ultimate makes this device even more awesome.

Top Bottom