• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X... Worst name of any Console?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If you think sounding like desperate, no ass getting geeks is fun, have at it, bro. I imagine a bunch of you salty, miserable wankers ain't got shit else to do. Clearly...

Like I said, do you...

And then what's even funnier, y'all blame Microsoft for that stupid ass name and got nerve to be concerned about casuals getting confused. Lol. Da Fook????

And then the abbreviation y'all came up with doesn't even work. You gotta force that shit. Let's see:

Xbox Series. X. Hmm....

Where the fuck is the "E" even coming in at tho? That's not how abbreviations work!.... LMAO!

Go get laid, then come back... desperate ass geeks. The lot!

I know. It'll be easy to know whos smashing chicks and who's smashing greased palms. ;)

:pie_roffles: :messenger_ok:

You’re going in over this shit.

It’ll be okay, give your Phil Spencer body pillow a hug.

Last edited:

jakinov

What is even more dumb is that this does not help at all the naming for whatever comes after this.

What are they going to call it? The Xbox Series Y? Xbox Series X2?

Why didnt they just call this console the Xbox Y or X2 then?

They are not making things any easier for themselves or the consumers.

Especially mainstream consumers who do not follow tech new closely. Most people will just read Xbox Series X and assume its the same as Xbox One X released in 2017.
I don't think it's a huge deal. Console cycles are so far apart there's not gonna be a whole lot of confusion. You probably aren't going to go to the store and see the Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One all sitting as an available option; you are at most going to see the Xbox One + the new thing. Just like cars, phones, tablets, laptops, pcs, blenders, fridges, dishwashers, nintendo consoles/handhelds and even Apple for certain products you can not follow a number scheme and people still end up figuring what the latest product is. They really don't need an iterative naming scheme especially because they aren't releasing a console every year. The next xbox could be called Xbox Mango and most people would probably know it's the newer one because it's probably the only one being sold in the store and that's what's being advertised in all the flyers, commercials and ads. For the mid-generation updates they could easily append the words elite, pro, plus, or just add an S.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm leaking some breaking news - Nintendo's next-gen system is called Nintendo Sequence Switch

The PS5 is called Sony Playstation Arrangement Pro

Sega is coming back in with the Sega Dreamcast Category Genesis

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
:pie_roffles: :messenger_ok:

You’re going over this shit.

It’ll be okay, give your Phil Spencer body pillow a hug.
Me? Fool, please...

Let's all just try and force an abbreviation because we think we're being funny... only we aren't, but still....

Haha?... Ha?... Oh, wait...

Better stick to your day job, boy'o. You have no future in comedy.

protonion

images

Xbox Ciri's ex.

I'll see myself out.

LixhulHot

Banned
I completely agree with OP.

Xbox X has already failed. Their latest console is called Xbox One X, and their new generation console is Xbox Series X. Terrible choice, no average person could differentiate the two.

The name is bad, but no console name will shit the bed like Wii U.

The other issue with the Wii U name was Nintendo marketed the thing in the most brain dead way possible - even the console looked like the Wii (but with slightly rounded corners). I don't think MS will fuck it up as bad as Nintendo did, at least with the Series X it looks significantly different so your casual fan is going to be less likely to be confused to the extent they were with Wii U

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
It's worse than Wii + Wii U because it adds more unintuitive branding history with a very similarly named recent product that differentiates itself from the base version with X. Like this is fire your marketing team bad.

Actually they should just stop and start naming them

Xbox 1
Xbox 1x (for the faster one)
Xbox 2
Xbox 2x

and so on and BE FREAKING DONE WITH IT.

Vawn

Banned
are you really THAT stupid? lol

there will be two consoles going forward:

Xbox Series X -> most powerful console
Xbox Series S -> great value for price.

That's it. They won't sell xbox one anymore, since the series S is compatible with all games and all accessories, why would they still sell the old xbox? no need for that.

also NO CONFUSION. Just two models: S --> great value for price, but not best quality, X --> best quality.

What exactly is so hard about that to understand?! Seriously?!

If you want to play ALL games but dont need the BEST graphics --> go with S
If you want to play ALL games and have the BEST graphics --> go with X.

Done.
What exactly don't you get about that?

Also, XBXS? That's doesn't make any sense at all. Like how and why did you come to this name?

Stores will pull every Xbox One off the shelves the day Series X releases? Interesting.

Dlacy13g

FACTS float my boat.
Lol... That must be one leaky boat then. Trying to discount how well the console sold In consideration of its name seems a bit unfactual. The Wii name turned out to be a perfect fit for nintendo's console And helped propel a machine that had no business leading a generation to dominate it.

urmie

The actual name is just XBOX, but they needed to add something that makes it different from the original console, so they added trim levels like cars and iPhones do. I don't see the issue, most gamers wanted just "XBOX".

XBOX (Project Scarlett)
XBOX: Series X (Anaconda)
XBOX: Series S (Lockhart)

n0razi

You do realize it can be positioned horizontally right? It’s pretty compact so finding a spot for it should be fairly easy.

Im looking at my IKEA media console right now with an xbox one in there and I honestly do not think something double its width (if you put the series x sideways) would fit in there

WEmf6Jk.jpg

Top Bottom