• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox + Starfield Showcase | OT | Phil'shank Redemption | 3:00 am AEST | 2:30 am ACST | 1:00 am AWST (12 June) United States – 10:00 am PT | 1:00 pm ET

Do you think the Xbox Showcase will be good?

• Yes

Votes: 143 50.2%
  • No

Votes: 54 18.9%
  • It will destroy Summer Game Fest 2023

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • It will destroy the terrible PlayStation Showcase 2023

Votes: 61 21.4%
  • Starfield will be Game of The Year regardeless

Votes: 16 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
A decent show if judged on its own merits, but a terrible show in that it failed to read the room. No major bombshells. Way too much trailers, not enough gameplay. Far too many games I had no clue what I was looking at. Avowed looked fine. Clockwork Revolution looked interesting. Senua Hellblade 2 had far and away the worst showing. Nothing about that trailer told me I wanted to play it.

I give the show a 7/10 if judged on its own merits, but a 5/10 for only hitting a single when Sony pitched them a ball that was right down the middle and ripped to be a home run. MS wasted a huge opportunity.

sendit

I’m hoping they’re showcasing this on the Series X and not a PC running a 4090. Performance looks like ass atm.

Lol, almost all games shown will be on PlayStation too. Seen only 1 or 2 things that were pretty nice and most of it was cg.

It’s pretty awkward when you see: play this on gamepass, when you only get cgi movies presented lol 🤣🤣🤣. Yes the showcase was slightly better than the PS one, but then again, Sony actually delivers the games.
Bollocks, where are all the type of games PS is known for? They're just bending owners over and shoving a GAAS cock up them

killatopak

Gold Member
That just seems like Codsworth predetermined voicelines on specific names that only he knows. Everybody else just calls you outsider,wanderer,vaultdweller. I'll be impressed if everyone knows your name.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I gotta say I am pretty underwhelmed. it's not a bad show like Sonys but its not a great one either. I went in to the conference with a yearning for next gen visuals and gameplay and came out with the same. Only fable and starfield impressed.

Going to skip Starfield's Direct. they are showing and i want to go in fresh. It is going to be the biggest game of all time and probably the only game that will threaten zeldas dominance at the award shows. Hate that Phil is taking credit for it. This is a bethesda game but the man has no shame lol. At least he had the common sense to delay it, zenimax wouldve probably rushed it out.

Overall, i will give this show a solid B-. They brought the games and even though they didnt all look amazing, its the effort that counts and its way better than what Sony and Nintendo have done which is fuck all in nintendo's case and cg cg gaas gaas in Sony's case.

No perfect dark, no doom, no indiana jones or any kind of next gen gameplay really shows that no one seems to be ready this gen. Well, everyone except for Bethesda.

Draugoth

Gold Member
FyXHPLEXwAMshy-

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
The fact that there's no manual flying in and out of planets etc is a bit ehhhh....

Graphics are much better than the last showing though.

graywolf323

blue hair? oh no

/s 😛

I will say this is making me a bit more excited for Starfield so far, I’ll definitely at least have to check it out via GP on my Series X before deciding whether to pick it up on PC

cireza

Absolute masterpiece, if you ask me. Medieval/fantasy first person adventure game that was released in the 90s, after Heretic. Played it to death on Saturn. Had very similar vibes to modern Souls games, in a way. Huge interconnected hubs, vast areas to explore, mysteries to solve and a lot of enemies.

Avowed really feels like a lot of its inspiration comes from Hexen, which is an excellent thing.

Last edited:

hinch7

Didn't see all of it but the show was very good with (looks to be) a lot of high quality and interesting upcoming games. B+

Sony should be embarrassed with their 'Showcase' this year.

Last edited:

feynoob

Gold Member
I gotta say I am pretty underwhelmed. it's not a bad show like Sonys but its not a great one either. I went in to the conference with a yearning for next gen visuals and gameplay and came out with the same. Only fable and starfield impressed.

Going to skip Starfield's Direct. they are showing and i want to go in fresh. It is going to be the biggest game of all time and probably the only game that will threaten zeldas dominance at the award shows. Hate that Phil is taking credit for it. This is a bethesda game but the man has no shame lol. At least he had the common sense to delay it, zenimax wouldve probably rushed it out.

Overall, i will give this show a solid B-. They brought the games and even though they didnt all look amazing, its the effort that counts and its way better than what Sony and Nintendo have done which is fuck all in nintendo's case and cg cg gaas gaas in Sony's case.

No perfect dark, no doom, no indiana jones or any kind of next gen gameplay really shows that no one seems to be ready this gen. Well, everyone except for Bethesda.
It's c- for me.
No freaking gameplay.

Top Bottom