• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox + Starfield Showcase | OT | Phil'shank Redemption | 3:00 am AEST | 2:30 am ACST | 1:00 am AWST (12 June) United States – 10:00 am PT | 1:00 pm ET

Do you think the Xbox Showcase will be good?

• Yes

Votes: 143 50.2%
  • No

Votes: 54 18.9%
  • It will destroy Summer Game Fest 2023

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • It will destroy the terrible PlayStation Showcase 2023

Votes: 61 21.4%
  • Starfield will be Game of The Year regardeless

Votes: 16 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wildebeest

The graphics and gameplay look better, but it just doesn't look smooth. Is it partly because the first person camera bobs and jerks around like a one legged drunk?

sendit

I gotta say I am pretty underwhelmed. it's not a bad show like Sonys but its not a great one either. I went in to the conference with a yearning for next gen visuals and gameplay and came out with the same. Only fable and starfield impressed.

Going to skip Starfield's Direct. they are showing and i want to go in fresh. It is going to be the biggest game of all time and probably the only game that will threaten zeldas dominance at the award shows. Hate that Phil is taking credit for it. This is a bethesda game but the man has no shame lol. At least he had the common sense to delay it, zenimax wouldve probably rushed it out.

Overall, i will give this show a solid B-. They brought the games and even though they didnt all look amazing, its the effort that counts and its way better than what Sony and Nintendo have done which is fuck all in nintendo's case and cg cg gaas gaas in Sony's case.

No perfect dark, no doom, no indiana jones or any kind of next gen gameplay really shows that no one seems to be ready this gen. Well, everyone except for Bethesda.
You set yourself up for failure. Parading tech demo’s as an actual bar for real gameplay.

bender

What time is it?
Those character and facial animations.

tumblr_machk7gYNy1r9ix3go1_400.gif

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
You can see the two different philosophies going on at play between Microsoft and Sony.

Sony, wanting to keep their cards close to their chest, not showing anything really if their first party games beyond 2023.

And Microsoft, showing everything they have to show (mostly), whether that is next year or even beyond that.

I personally like both approaches, means we get to see games further out and also get to see nice surprises on a regular-ish basis.

The problem with MS approach, is that it just doesn't work for the mainstream.

Top Bottom