• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Support: 343 blocking refunds for Halo: MCC

Noobcraft

While its uncool of them to not refund you for the game, why even bother refunding it if you plan on buying it again when it works better? I would understand using that money elsewhere but... What am I missing?

"The developer for the game is 343 Industries, Microsoft is the Publisher of the game."

9iNEy06.gif

RedAssedApe

Banned
its usually case by case. the terms of service say no refunds for digital goods. but they will usually give you one if the product is broken (i.e. driveclub) or if you complain enough lol

i got a refund on music unlimited because i forgot to turn off auto-renewal during my trial month.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's not 343's decision to block refunds, it's Microsoft's.

Rurunaki

Wait.

You'll buy it when the issues are sorted out. OK

Bought it. Doesn't work well, Return it, till it works. Then buy it again.

/dead.

Something wrong with getting a refund? Maybe he wanted the money to buy another game while waiting for MCC to be "fixed."

McDougles

Why would you refund?

You will rebuy once matchmaking is sorted!

Babies spitting there dummies out

I couldn't get into an online game at all. I received a review copy on October 26. Granted, most online functions weren't available until the Day 1 patch, but even then matchmaking on just 2 playlists available resulted in not being able to find a game just days before launch.

I'm glad I decided to review single player pre-launch and multiplayer post-launch. Don't know why anyone else didn't.

I can kind of sympathize with Microsoft support here... Processing returns and refunds Costs a lot of money to refund someone who is just going to turn around and re-buy the game as soon as it works.

I'm sure if it gets up and running in a few days and you still would like a refund for your troubles or whatever they will oblige.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
So this doesn't work for a day and people are asking for a refund for something that they could potentially be playing for years to come?

Even if its borked right now, I still wouldn't trade the game in or get a refund because I'll be coming back to the game for the next 5-6 years or how ever long the X1 is MS' current gen console.

Ah good. He's a cool guy.

That's what I'm sayin'. If anyone can offer a bit of insight on here, it's him. Don't know too many other 343i devs that are as engaging with us on GAF.

SniperWulf, nice. Microsoft and Amazon CC have a lot in common. OP should just try again with a different clerk.

I can't support you OP because you said you're going to rebuy it again once it works. Why waste everyone's time just to prove a point? You're not in the wrong, but it feels wrong.

Something wrong with getting a refund? Maybe he wanted the money to buy another game while waiting for MCC to be "fixed."

Nothing wrong with it at all.

I edited my post for a bit more of my context.

If you're gonna end up buying it again when obviously the issues are fixed, why not save yourself the 15gb download again. Plus, you know the game is gonna get patched. They've said it, and they've been upfront about it. So its not like they are just staying silent and washing their hands clean.

Personally i think people just need to relax. I'm sure the 90% of people over-hyping the issues complaining are do so mostly because it's a Halo title.

Just my 15gb worth of cents.

El Sabroso

actually yes, refunds from XB1 games remove you the game, so if he can just wait to get fixed instead of being refunded and repurchasing

JaggedSac

Yeah if you want to pay campaign and custom games

Gl with matchmaking

They released an update today that supposedly helped a lot of people and another one was scheduled for 8 PM PST. I haven't had a chance to play today to see if it actually had an effect though.

Rich!

LOL, so all sales are final regardless of working? That's a lawsuit MS is going to lose just due to marketing alone.

As mentioned before, if Microsoft refuse a refund within the first 14 days in the UK then they are breaking the law.

Distance Selling Regulations override any EULA bullshit Microsoft try to pull.

DBT85

Are people actually ragging on those that want a refund?? Really?

Vote with your wallets. Same for anything else.

raphanum

A day after release or a week after release. Does it matter? Games have been released broken and unfinished lately. People are pissed and they are entitled to a refund if the product they PAID for is broken and not working as advertised.

Rurunaki

actually yes, refunds from XB1 games remove you the game, so if he can just wait to get fixed instead of being refunded and repurchasing

So how long does he have to "wait"? Do you guys know something that us in public doesn't? If you get a defective product, you have all the right to ask for a refund. If you want to buy it again in the future, then you have all the right to do so. Saying there's something wrong with getting a refund is ignoring your consumer rights. If he wants to get another game with the money he spent on a "defective" game then he has all the right to do so. Maybe all he wants to do is play Matchmaking games and we don't have an ETA on when that will be fixed - so instead of it just "waiting" there might as well get a refund to play another game.

So this doesn't work for a day and people are asking for a refund for something that they could potentially be playing for years to come?

He could potentially only play it for a week... What does how long he "could potentially" play a broken product once its fixed have to do with requesting a refund for a product which as of this moment doesn't work? If I only had the budget for one game this paycheck would it make more sense to wait for them to fix this or buy something I can use as of this moment?

It seems totally reasonable to wait to purchase until a later date when the product is functional as advertised.

Are people actually ragging on those that want a refund?? Really?

Vote with your wallets. Same for anything else.

Gawd, stop being so entitled. You should just be happy with products you've bought, even if half of the game is completely broken and doesn't work as advertised.

Why not just wait, i dunno like till the weekend to return it? Is there some limitation to when you can return this by?

I mean, you just downloaded 15gb to finish installing the game.

why wait and pray? just return it and when they fix it buy it again. maybe that's tomorrow, maybe it's in a month, maybe it's never, that doesn't matter.

cool_dude

Banned
Go to DriveClub's Facebook page and see how many are screaming to get a refund without success. At least some are getting refunds for MCC.

Duxxy3

Welcome to the United States of Fuck-you-no-refund-on-digital-goods-because-consumer-protection-is-non-existent.

It's a really long acronym.

RS4-

Gawd, stop being so entitled. You should just be happy with products you've bought, even if half of the game is completely broken and doesn't work as advertised.

Sounds like everyone that bought that shitfest Unity and want a refund should just suck it up and let Ubi take them for a ride.

stephen08

Pretty shitty practice from 343. What I cannot stand is how two faced they are about stuff like this. They claim to listen to the community and have the best intentions in mind but really it is all just a facade to get people to buy their latest product. It sucks because there are genuinely good people working there but as an organization they have made one bad move after another to the point where they took what was my favorite franchise and made me completely lose interest in it. No matter what the game is they produce, it will be a 343 product and have all the issues associated with it.

It's just not worth it anymore.

Top Bottom