• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Support: 343 blocking refunds for Halo: MCC

Are people actually ragging on those that want a refund?? Really?

Vote with your wallets. Same for anything else.

100% If more people did this, maybe it would stop.

why wait and pray? just return it and when they fix it buy it again. maybe that's tomorrow, maybe it's in a month, maybe it's never, that doesn't matter.

I really hope they fix it, nobody should have to wait. It was a pre order, it's not like I bought it knowing and again, I downloaded a 15GB patch for it. Why is it on me to wait?

Slixshot

Banned
tumblr_m64408BsgK1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

I just find it hard to believe that a customer service rep has that knowledge, and even then, that 343 industries would go through the lengths to ensure the handful of people who don't want their game have to keep it.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
edit: Willing to give the benefit of the doubt that it was a terrible customer service answer likely not instructed by Microsoft or 343, given that the OP and somebody else verified that they were able to get refunds.

Compsiox

Banned
Yea. If I knew that you wanted a refund because the matchmaking wasn't working within the first 2 days and there are 4 campaigns I wouldn't give you a refund either!

phant0m

Sounds like everyone that bought that shitfest Unity and want a refund should just suck it up and let Ubi take them for a ride.

Sounds like everyone should just stop pre-ordering shit and wait for DAY ONE reviews that will let you know if it's busted/sucks/etc or not.

Z_Y

Yea...pretty sure the rep gave you a load of BS to get you off the phone/chat.

Last week when the 360 to XB1 upgrades weren't working the things the reps were saying were hilarious. Their goal is to get you to stop asking for help....not necessarily help you.

FuturusX

I can't support you OP because you said you're going to rebuy it again once it works. Why waste everyone's time just to prove a point? You're not in the wrong, but it feels wrong.

Man wants his refund...let him have it.

Even if its borked right now, I still wouldn't trade the game in or get a refund because I'll be coming back to the game for the next 5-6 years or how ever long the X1 is MS' current gen console.

This has nothing to do with his right to a refund.

Not really. As soon as the shrink wrap is gone you're not returning a physical copy. At least with digital it seems you can play it for a bit and still get a refund in most cases.

Even worse with Gamestop selling you that open box version. Better not change mind on your way home.

jayu26

We receive a hold off order for refunds at the mean time from 343 Industries, the game developer as they are still fixing the issue with the game. One they're done with it, refunds will be available but for sure time, the game issue will also be fixed.

Never thought I would see the day when one part of MS is making other part of MS look bad.

The way I see it MS can tell you that they're fixing the problem and thus avoid a refund, but if so they need to provide a reasonable ETA on the fix. After that time period refunds should be allowed no questions asked.

If they can't or won't provide an open and honest ETA than they should just process the refund no questions asked.

But trying to both deny refunds AND provide no ETA on a fix is where things go into bullshit territory and where the Better Business Bureau (Canada and USA) or your local protections should be invoked up the chain until the matter gets resolved.

Jordan89

Neo Member
Matchmaking is still not working for me. I have only played one match which caused the game to "crash" (stay stuck at the loading screen).

I am really getting fed up with some of these game publishers and developers over these games. I mean I went through that GTA 5 loss of a character last year. This year I have had issues as well. I have not been able to play Driveclub (been out for a month and still isn't fixed) and now Halo.

I guess we shouldn't be surprised since overall quality control is non existent (as seen with the xbox one controllers which are really crappy and poor quality). I can see why Microsoft and these developers wanted to go digital, so there would be no way to return a game that is still in beta phases or haven't pass quality control. I wonder if this is due in part to the push to get DLC out as soon as possible.

However, my advice is keep on calling and try to escalate the issue to someone else. Plus, if this continues, you can always file a complaint with the BBB and the Attorney General Office (Depends on the state were the company is located). The latter option will get someones attention at the company.

RulkezX

I bought digitally. And the words "No Refunds" before you confirm your purchase are engraved in my mind. Patience.

They can lay claim to my first born for alkl the good it'd do them.

My countries laws trump any bullshit "No refunds" policy.

Navy Bean

Do we really need a thread every time someone tries to get a refund? Newsflash, sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't. If you buy digital its a risk. And, yes, if a product doesn't work as intended you are entitled to a refund. But, in the case of a video game, online being slow after a day or two does not entitle you to shit.

So shut the fuck up then, obviously it will be fixed. Christ.

Yeah, why would anyone want a refund for a product they bought that doesn't work properly?

Do we really need a thread every time someone tries to get a refund? Newsflash, sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't. If you buy digital its a risk. And, yes, if a product doesn't work as intended you are entitled to a refund. But, in the case of a video game, online being slow after a day or two does not entitle you to shit.

The online isn't just 'slow', there are various game breaking problems with it. It can take hours to find a match, and when you do, you have a big chance of it either crashing before the match loads, or after the match ends.
Even custom games tend to crash a lot.

That's not even getting into the issues with matchmaking when it does 'work'. Most matches have uneven teams, sometimes people have the ability to kick others in the match, lag issues, disconnects, etc.

The multiplayer is basically unplayable right now.

"The developer for the game is 343 Industries, Microsoft is the Publisher of the game."

9iNEy06.gif
Hot damn, this is a good post.
There are 4 campaigns, custom games, and forge.

Shut up already!
Woah, I played Halo 2 for more than a year before I touched the campaign. If he bought the game for competitive multiplayer, and it's not working for him, it's totally reasonable for him to request and receive a refund.

Bessy67

I am sort of determined now to get a refund, just for the point of it all.
I'm sure you will if you try. Others in this thread have already shown that it's possible. Chances are that one support employee spewed some bullshit to get rid of a customer looking for a refund.

Ghazi

There are 4 campaigns, custom games, and forge.

Shut up already!

Legit question, what if you're someone like me and the meat of the games are the MP? I'm waiting for them to fix the issues, and playing customs and the occasional campaign with my bros, but I don't see a reason a customer should be denied a refund over something that doesn't work (in reference to the matchmaking).

Snaku

Banned
The only digital purchase I've ever gotten a refund for was Driveclub. This isn't Driveclub dude, not even close.

Why would you want a refund for a game you're going to buy again?

Because it's not ok to launch a game like this. Look at AC: Unity, BF4 over and over again. It's not that 343 is evil, maybe the publishers push to hard. It's about accepting this over and over again even after day 1 patches.

I'll buy it again when fixed. Why? because I fuckin love Halo. If we keep accepting shit like this it's going to keep happening.

DBT85

Yes. Because buying digital SHOULDN'T be a risk. The more we talk about it the more likely it is that this crap stops happening.

And yes, it does. The box doesn't say "may be janky for a week, pls understand".

Beefy

Not really. As soon as the shrink wrap is gone you're not returning a physical copy. At least with digital it seems you can play it for a bit and still get a refund in most cases.

I got a refund on a physical copy of BF4. I guess it depends who you see and where you live.

Some of the posts on this thread are crazy, if a game doesn't work he has a right to ask for a refund.

Compsiox

Banned
Legit question, what if you're someone like me and the meat of the games are the MP? I'm waiting for them to fix the issues, and playing customs and the occasional campaign with my bros, but I don't see a reason a customer should be denied a refund over something that doesn't work (in reference to the matchmaking).

Back in the day $60 got you Halo CE lan Only.

Are you unaware of the various crashing/freezing/framerate bugs or are you deliberately being obtuse? It's not just matchmaking.

Sephzilla

Because it's not ok to launch a game like this. Look at AC: Unity, BF4 over and over again. It's not that 343 is evil, maybe the publishers push to hard. It's about accepting this over and over again even after day 1 patches.

I'll buy it again when fixed. Why? because I fuckin love Halo. If we keep accepting shit like this it's going to keep happening.
I say again, why get a refund for a game you're going to buy again?

You think you're sending a message about not releasing buggy games when in fact all you're really doing is letting them say "Hey we sold one more copy"

hawk2025

I just don't see how this wasn't just a very, very misinformed customer service rep.

Still, sorry to hear that OP. I will defend anyone's right to request a refund for a faulty product, even when it includes two things I loved this past month (both Driveclub and MCC).

GeneralArrow

Neo Member
Xbox support refunded me for Destiny.

You probably didn't install or try and play your game, xbox only refunds if the game hasn't been opened or installed yet. Basically, you still have to have it in the store. I have auto install turned off just in case I make any purchases by mistake.

Top Bottom