• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Testing Custom Gamer Pictures, Rolling Out to Select Insiders Soon

Montresor

I think this is a great idea.

But I probably will never give up my Quantum Break gamer pic of Beth Wilder giving a small red-headed girl a journal. Because the storyline implications behind that gamerpic are really bad ass.

Nothing made me happier than the sudden and unexpected appearance of male genitalia during a game of Uno or Texas Hold Em Poker on the Xbox360.

We need custom pics but even better, we need the vision camera back as well.

Izuna

Banned
SHOTGUN
p1cqlC7.jpg

lmao

This can only end in dicks, offensive imagery or text. Unless they have a pre-approval process.

How would this affect my 360 gamer picture? as they are linked.

This can only end in dicks, offensive imagery or text. Unless they have a pre-approval process.

How would this affect my 360 gamer picture? as they are linked.

Why don't people say this about PSN? They allow custom banners for the profile for everyone to see and custom avatar, how do Sony moderate it?

It's not public, iirc, only friends who have accepted real name friend requests can see your custom avatars.

What about profile banners? I have looked at non friends profiles on PSN and they are custom ones. Steam also allows stuff like this I think, sorry if I'm wrong dude.

I think it's a good feature to have and yeah there are morons who will take the piss but I don't think it should be taken away due to the actions of them.

I remember requesting this feature numerous times in the Xbox preview programme forums and being told no, we don't need it or should have it due to idiots. Not everyone will abuse the feature.

Marvel

could never
Nice.

I enjoy this feature on PS4, never seen anyone post dickpics there. Here's hoping people behave on Xbox lol. Reporting is easy anyway.

I'll rock a Shadow Jago avatar, finally.

EvB

This is funny actually, as I found a bunch of Hidden Xbox Avatars on the servers a couple of weeks ago and actually manager to make one my avatar.

Alx

How do you do upload the pic?

I used a USB key myself. The app lets you browse the console file system, but I didn't find how to move files there. It doesn't seem to access OneDrive or DVR captures, which is a shame.

Updated mine, not too original but I like it. :D
https://account.xbox.com/nb-NO/Profile?gamerTag=Alx

I was worried about the resolution, since it requires a 1080x1080 minimum resolution and my avatar is low res. I didn't have advanced image editing software, but importing through Fresh Paint with crayon rendering turned out decent (imo).

Had the Windows 10 Xbox Beta app update this morning, said stuff about custom pics andother stuff, but looks like its not actually up and running on there yet

Hitta93

Banned
I believe you need to be part of the beta program.
I am.

I used a USB key myself. The app lets you browse the console file system, but I didn't find how to move files there. It doesn't seem to access OneDrive or DVR captures, which is a shame.

Updated mine, not too original but I like it. :D
https://account.xbox.com/nb-NO/Profile?gamerTag=Alx

I was worried about the resolution, since it requires a 1080x1080 minimum resolution and my avatar is low res. I didn't have advanced image editing software, but importing through Fresh Paint with crayon rendering turned out decent (imo).

Guess that means it can only be done on the console?

daffy

Banned
I don't get why they couldn't just use Facebook pictures since you can connect your facebook.. who uses usb flash in 2017 ffs

Top Bottom