• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Year In Review is now available!

Aion002

Never even heard the title. I'm intrigued.
It's an rts, focused on defense and base management.

It's really unforgiving and can be quite frustrating if you don't play it with the right mind-set. Getting a game over screen after hours playing is part of the game.

The campaign mode is fine, but the real fun is the survival mode.

This review tells a lot about it:

Last edited:

Fredrik

wyHQlfp.jpg
k59iJCh.jpg

When is the Steam stats out? This is shameful 😅

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
It's an rts, focused on defense and base management.

It's really unforgiving and can be quite frustrating if you don't play it with the right mind-set. Getting a game over screen after hours playing is part of the game.

The campaign mode is fine, but the real fun is the survival mode.

This review tells a lot about it:

I think its the hardest game I have ever played at times and I keep going back for more

Blindy

Overall my 2023 with XBOX:

252hours
31 games
7,817 gamerscore
368 achivements
2,521 reward points
February was best month of gaming

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty was #1 with 28 hours
Fuga: Melodies of Steel was #2 with 26 hours
Atomic Heart was #3 with 25 hours

Fredrik

Yeah you are in desperate need of some PC cred right about now lol.

I think Nintendo does something similar so I'll have some digits on that too for sure.
Lol yeah and I have 18 hours and 3 games played on PS5 🫣

But tbh I’m about 99% PC gamer nowdays so it comes from that. In short I play MS exclusives on PC and play/wait for Sony exclusives on PC.
Switch gets more hours, no convenient PC alternative there.

Roberts

I'm not sure these are totally accurate as I must have played Ghostwire Tokyo longer than Ni no Kuni. Anyway, it was super busy year at work, juggling dozens of projects, sometimes at once and yet having some time to play games and chill my brain a little. Kudos to Grounded for keeping my occupied third year in a row - it seriously one of the best, most innovative games ever made.

xnItuZN.png
UHgXUEw.png

calistan

I'm not convinced about the accuracy - it says I spent exactly twice as long in Starfield as the Xbox app on PC does.

Still, Hitman's Freelancer mode was definitely my thing on Xbox this year. And farewell Microsoft Rewards, I'll miss the perks but not the feeling of being obliged to log into Bing every day.

xqzSHIl.jpg

Bartski

Gold Member
hmmm it's not showing the total gamerscore per game only the part made in 2023 but maybe that's intentional (my CP2077 total is 158hrs and 57/57 achievements).

Overall about 1/5th of the time I spent on Playstation, mainly multiplatform games on gamepass and Cyberpunk.

hdPQIyK.jpg
dFIZWeu.jpg

I0DR8I2.png

J7jgKq0.png

nrqKmr9.png

QYdp2NZ.png

Ruvwxl3.png

Well there we go! Looks like I've played Starfield for a shorter amount of time than I thought? Weird because the in game counter is different. Minecraft is my kids playing, and I'm a little surprised by Judgement being my third most played. I forgot I put so much time into it, it felt like less. Played through a lot of shorter games this year. With all the duties of parenting I find that it's easier to make it all the way through shorter games.

Edit: I'm so jealous of how much time you all got to play!!! Xbox is my main system, PC games played were only a few classics (went on an Alpha Centauri and Heroes of Might & Magic 2 & 3 kick this year). and I only put a fraction of time into Playstation. Total gaming time is probably under 600 hours on all devices. Wish I had more time man......

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Mine:
Total Time: 92 hours
Total Games: 17
Achievements: 60
Top Month: May

Most Played Game: AC: Rogue Remastered
Runner Up: Battlefield: Bad Company

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

MacReady13

466 hours total for me this year. Funnily enough, top 2 games played were exactly the same game! So definitely not telling the correct story. Weirdly, even though I trash Xbox for focusing on Game Pass over everything else, I do prefer Xbox over Playstation as I only played 291 hours of PS5 this year...

Top Bottom