• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360 NXE Dashboard Leaked to the Net!!! But theres a problem

Merguson

Banned
ThePeacemaker02 said:
Has anyone heard anything else about the second wave?

He might do it later this week, after the American Election and before Gears of War 2... or he does it really later... or he doesn't do it at all.

Basically, no one knows. Heck no one even knows if this will really formulate, he just said there might be a possibility, nothing about it actually happening.

Walshicus

sionyboy said:
Its been supported since day one, only some TVs won't accept "non-standard" resolutions over HDMI.
My Samsung supports 1360x768 over HDMI when my PC supplies it, but I couldn't seem to get it outputting that resolution on the 360. Optimal resolution thingy didn't seem to offer it.

BitchTits

Looks nice and only took just a few seconds to install from USB.

Installed Fable II took probably less than 5 mins, want to install Dead Rising at some point too for a replay :D

Sir Fragula said:
My Samsung supports 1360x768 over HDMI when my PC supplies it, but I couldn't seem to get it outputting that resolution on the 360. Optimal resolution thingy didn't seem to offer it.

Could be something to do with the 'HDMI Handshaking' thingy-ma-jig. My tv doesn't accept 1360x768 over HDMI either which is somewhat annoying (not as annoying as the fact my tv has no audio-out ports :/ )

MoogPaul

sionyboy said:
Could be something to do with the 'HDMI Handshaking' thingy-ma-jig. My tv doesn't accept 1360x768 over HDMI either which is somewhat annoying (not as annoying as the fact my tv has no audio-out ports :/ )

what? your tv has hdmi ports but no audio out? that seems... wrong? optical audio out ftw.

MoogPaul said:
what? your tv has hdmi ports but no audio out? that seems... wrong? optical audio out ftw.

Yeah its pissing annoying, 2 HDMI ports and not even a headphone jack.
Ah well, you get what you pay for. Just means I have to use either VGA or Component cables to get sound to my speakers, would prefer to just use HDMI... but such is life.

XShagrath

sionyboy said:
Yeah its pissing annoying, 2 HDMI ports and not even a headphone jack.
Ah well, you get what you pay for. Just means I have to use either VGA or Component cables to get sound to my speakers, would prefer to just use HDMI... but such is life.
I've got my system running HDMI and optical out. I do not have the official MS "HDMI/Optical dongle" thingy. All I did was snap the giant plastic casing off the normal component cable so that I could fit both the HDMI cable and the video cable (just for optical).

Brakara

BakedPigeon said:
Why the fuck cant I install Crackdown to the HDD? I'm assuming someone else has tried it in this thread, did it say it was not supported?

Yeah, it says it's not supported when you try to install it.

whitehawk

Banned
XShagrath said:
I've got my system running HDMI and optical out. I do not have the official MS "HDMI/Optical dongle" thingy. All I did was snap the giant plastic casing off the normal component cable so that I could fit both the HDMI cable and the video cable (just for optical).
This, just cut the plastic part off the component cables and use the optical from that.

Barakov

Gold Member
Brakara said:
Yeah, it says it's not supported when you try to install it.

Crap. I guess people will just have to deal with it. Has this been the only case of a game not being able to be installed on the hard drive?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Ken Masters said:
I have a sick feeling that all of us who have done this will be getting a nice ban or suspension come the 19th
If I was head of Microsoft's gaming division I would announce that all silver members that downloaded NXE early would be bant, then go back on my word after the weak willed upgraded to gold but before there was enough time for the malcontents to start an angry mob. Then I would delete all evidence that the announcement was ever made and deny ever making it.

angelfly

Barakov said:
Crap. I guess people will just have to deal with it. Has this been the only case of a game not being able to be installed on the hard drive?

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 doesn't install either

So how many people have isntalled this early? A quarter mill? lol

Way too many people have got this early to hand out bans like candy........especially when so many people thought it was "okay" since they thought the only downside was no Live until the 19th.

Ken Masters said:
I have a sick feeling that all of us who have done this will be getting a nice ban or suspension come the 19th

Why would they ban an eager userbase who just want to have their firmware early. It's not like you are stealing a product that you should have otherwise paid for. You broke the rules, but hardly to the extent that it deserves an outright perma-ban. Don't forget, MS wants your money.

DoctorWho said:
Why would they ban an eager userbase who just want to have their firmware early. It's not like you are stealing a product that you should have otherwise paid for. You broke the rules, but hardly to the extent that it deserves an outright perma-ban. Don't forget, MS wants your money.

Because their Microsoft.

pswii60 said:
I've heard that they ban people for bad grammar too.

I wish....

Basically, if you think your going to get banned on the 19th, your an idiot. Sorry. MS won't lose money from customers over a FREE firmware upgrade.

pswii60

Deadly Monk said:
I wish....

Basically, if you think your going to get banned on the 19th, your an idiot. Sorry. MS won't lose money from customers over a FREE firmware upgrade.
Your absolutely write.

Blueblur1

I can't believe people are still arguing over the rumored bans. Stop bumping this thread with repetitious posts, guys. I keep coming in here and there's no new information here.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
You're all doomed.. doooooooomed.

You know the DVD drive really never bothered me much but now with the installs I can see why it was a problem for people.

Nif

My only regret is that I may not be able to play SF2HD if it comes out early. :( Well, unless I wanna buy it on another console and transfer the license.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Emenis said:
You're all doomed.. doooooooomed.

You know the DVD drive really never bothered me much but now with the installs I can see why it was a problem for people.

Never bothered me either. And now that I have new headphones, I can't hear it.

Dunlop

pswii60 said:
I caved in and installed it too! :eek:

But I can finally enjoy Fable II in silence! Oh, the joy!

Et tu Ceasar?

I'm so about to cave but I only play Fable on my main 360 (aka the one that will be playing the crap out of GoW2 over the weekend).

But I'm dying to install Fable

must...hold...out

Plaguefox said:
Forgive my innocence, but is the 360 supposed to be able to output 1366×768 via HDMI? Even with the automatic optimal settings, I get only 720p and would love to force my 360 to display at my screen's native resolution. It only gives me the standard 480p 720p 1080i 1080p (grey) options. Yes, this is with NXE.

Yes, but not all TVs will accept 'non-standard' resolutions over HDMI. Mine does not, although I took my HDMI cable around my friends last night and his automatically outputted to 1360x768....annoying that. :/

Sallokin

I have a random question. I'm a bit confused on the party chat. Can you talk to 8 people at once privately or is it 8 separate chat channels with one person at a time?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Wario64 said:
Never bothered me either. And now that I have new headphones, I can't hear it.

What headphones did you get? I was thinking of getting those Astro Gaming Headphones but reviews seem to be mixed here on GAF.

Sanjuro

zewone said:
8 person private chat.
So if I have a friend, who has a friend, who invites his cousin, who invites his buddy, who invites his friend playing Viva Pinata, who invites his son, and then this guy who I don't know who saw me in a game and just wants to chat....We can all chat at the SAME TIME!?

Emenis said:
What headphones did you get? I was thinking of getting those Astro Gaming Headphones but reviews seem to be mixed here on GAF.

I bought the A40's and my only gripe is that the bass isn't as good as it should be for the price. They look and feel great and voice-chat is good. However, if you asked me if I would buy them again if I needed a new headset I would say no. For the price I paid, I was expecting them to sound a bit better.

Top Bottom