• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360 NXE Dashboard Leaked to the Net!!! But theres a problem

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
TwoForFlinching said:
I bought the A40's and my only gripe is that the bass isn't as good as it should be for the price. They look and feel great and voice-chat is good. However, if you asked me if I would buy them again if I needed a new headset I would say no. For the price I paid, I was expecting them to sound a bit better.

Ah, thanks for the info. I thinkn I just might go with that JVC unit and some good sennheisers then.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Burai said:
It's only Wednesday.
Well, the only person we will hear stuff from is Major Nelson, and he's off to a GoW2 launch thing tomorrow, and isn't doing a show Sunday, so sounds like we won't hear anything this week now.

SanjuroTsubaki said:
So if I have a friend, who has a friend, who invites his cousin, who invites his buddy, who invites his friend playing Viva Pinata, who invites his son, and then this guy who I don't know who saw me in a game and just wants to chat....We can all chat at the SAME TIME!?

Yes, all while doing different things.

MercuryLS

Banned
Man I really hope I don't get banned. I accidentally updated my Elite along with my old 360, so if both get banned I just may lose it :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
MercuryLS said:
Man I really hope I don't get banned. I accidentally updated my Elite along with my old 360, so if both get banned I just may lose it :(

I wouldn't worry about it. Unless you're been doing other naughty stuff...

Cdammen

Fucking DRE's during Fallout 3 made me install the leaked version. Playing off of the HDD is bliss.

I gotta say that the new interface is an improvement but I really dislike the low-rez / blurry dash that shows when hitting the guide button, hope they fix it.

I've heard that people installing the leaked version will have to manually download the update from Xbox.com and install it with a disc or USB stick if they want the complete package on the 19th. Some member on the official forums posted this and claimed it was emailed to him by a rep after asking what would happen to him if he installed the preview on a unregistered console.

pswii60

Cdammen said:
Fucking DRE's during Fallout 3 made me install the leaked version. Playing off of the HDD is bliss.

I gotta say that the new interface is an improvement but I really dislike the low-rez / blurry dash that shows when hitting the guide button, hope they fix it.

I've heard that people installing the leaked version will have to manually download the update from Xbox.com and install it with a disc or USB stick if they want the complete package on the 19th. Some member on the official forums posted this and claimed it was emailed to him by a rep after asking what would happen to him if he installed the preview on a unregistered console.
Pretty sure if that is the case, the final version will be leaked just as quickly as this version.

Walshicus

pswii60 said:
Pretty sure if that is the case, the final version will be leaked just as quickly as this version.
It won't be leaked, it'll be available free for download from Microsoft itself...

Mimir

Since my copy of RB2 is now unplayable because of a scratch that occurred during my last play session (no idea how it happened. The 360 was never moved during that time), I'm seriously considering installing this. I could borrow my friends copy of the game to install, and my copy in the drive should work well enough for the 360 to let me play.

Is there any chance that people who install this could be permanently banned from Live?

pr0cs

Mimir said:
Is there any chance that people who install this could be permanently banned from Live?
If there wasn't then everyone would be doing it with no worries at all.
I doubt they'll ban you but they may force you to download the update from the website and only when they expose it to the web, last update took a while before the exposed it outside of Live.

TaKeRx

Ok, I know this isn't the right place, but I don't know where else to ask this. Is it still possible to gift other people Microsoft points? or was that just for some time?

fernoca

TaKeRx said:
Ok, I know this isn't the right place, but I don't know where else to ask this. Is it still possible to gift other people Microsoft points? or was that just for some time?
Only was available for a limited time last holiday season..maybe they'll do it again this year.

therapist

downloaded and installed the latest dashboard , as i just moved and wont have internet for a while anyways.

Works great , installing games is fantastic.

Loading isnt much faster , but your drive will last a lot longer.

I do have a problem though.

I have a projector , and i use HDFURY to get around HDCP , and everything was a+ with the old dash.

But now when i try to play an hd dvd , it just goes to the xbox logo screen , doesnt even say HDCP link not found or anything...

Anyone else having problems with hd-dvds since installing the new dash or is it just my HDFURY action that this dashboard somehow made shitty?

I remember i couldnt play movies a long while ago when i first bought my xbox , but then there was an update and it just worked....im hoping the actual official update is different so i can actually watch my hd dvds , as i just bought like 14 of them :/

Waikis

Has anyone tried 1680x1050 via VGA? It doesnt seem to be working for me. My xbox is ouputting at 1400x1050 when I select 1680x1050 : / .

tokkun

Waikis said:
Has anyone tried 1680x1050 via VGA? It doesnt seem to be working for me. My xbox is ouputting at 1400x1050 when I select 1680x1050 : / .

Yes, I am using that configuration. It displays with proper aspect ratio, meaning there are black bars on the top and bottom of the screen.

I forgot to mention that even though I am using the leaked version I went out and bought a 120 gig HDD, after deleting the shit that comes in it.. mostly a year old demos, you get 107 gigs out of 120 which is pretty neat. I wish it was a little more though but 107 is good and I am installed alot of my games on HDD:

So far I got:

Assassin's Creed
BioShock
Oblivion
Fallout 3
Project Gotham Racing 4
Smackdown 2008
Dead Space
Mass Effect

alterno69

Banned
I need anwers to this question, i have an Elite but i have a memory card somewhere.

Edit

I think he meant he usea his profile in a different console and his acconut isn't banned but his updated console is :(

besides the lack of Live I don't see any reason not to install this. Think I'll burn the update to disk and install Fallout 3 tonight.

fernoca

As far as I know, there's no way for Microsoft to know who installed the leaked NXE; hence there's no way for them to ban specific users..since the users that installed it, all appear as if they were offline since the day it was installed (it doesn't say Offline, last seen on Nov. 10 installing the leaked NXE', unlike..let's say the folks that played the leaked Halo 3 copies..and were playing online which they can see as Offline, last seen playing Halo 3 on August 12 2008, when the game was planned to be released on September 2008.. [which is why many played the leaked Halo 3 offline, since you can still get achievements ..only with no date/stamp]

But I could be wrong, as always.. :p

fernoca

McBacon said:
Why is it a limited time? Why can't I gift anything to anyone?
Who knows..it's something simple..though someone mentioned the whole "constest things" were they let you enter as many times you can, get Microsoft Points, under different emails/gamertags...and how some people manage to exploit it...by entering different Gamertags, then gift the points to one main account.

Just installed Fallout 3. 6.5GB, and here I was thinking it'd be bigger. Definitely an improvement with loading times and stuttering.

Gears 2 has been awesome to play off the HD, so quite and the loading of textures has been extremely rare, in fact I haven't really even noticed it.

I just hope next Wednesday I don't get banned

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Flyguy said:
I propose a merger of the two NXE threads. All in favor?
Nah, this way we can quarantine the meltdowns when everyone's xbox is banned on the 19th.

i kid, i kid!

Sleeker

HDD installs are the tops.

I put on a few of my games that I'm playing lately. - Fable 2, FIFA 09 and Gears 2.
When I'm done with them I'll just take them off.

Its also great that most installs have taken just under 10 minutes each.

HUELEN10

So 8 days....

Are you still uneasy about not knowing if.... you know.....

Damn. I know MS can't comment, but it is driving me LOCO!

For what it's worth, my PC still links to GFWLive just fine ...it's been uploading my Fallout 3 acheivements all week. So clearly my account isn't banned

manzo

AgentOtaku said:
For what it's worth, my PC still links to GFWLive just fine ...it's been uploading my Fallout 3 acheivements all week. So clearly my account isn't banned

They ban your console, not your account.

Jtwo said:
Nah, this way we can quarantine the meltdowns when everyone's xbox is banned on the 19th.

i kid, i kid!

IF (big if) that were to happen, it would be a meltdown of epic proportions :lol

But then again, you sort of knew what you were getting into, and Major Nelson warned about it on his twitter, so we can't say that nobody saw it at least possible.

Honestly though, I hope nobody now is going to bother now that we are like a week and a day away. You potentially risk so much just to be able to have the dashboard a few days early.

Burai

shitonmychest57
I don't know what's sadder. That people think that Microsoft would ban you for something so completely and utterly harmless (an official system update released a bit early and possible to be installed on any machine entirely by accident is a world away from disassmbling your Xbox, flashing the drive with unofficial firmware and downloading copyrighted ISO's) or that people think that Microsoft would be justified in doing so.

Nobody's getting banned. Last Christmas was enough of a PR clusterfuck for Microsoft to have the value of Xbox Live called into question two years in a row. If they didn't want people installing this they shouldn't have made it so easily distributable or so easily accidentally transferable.

FFChris

fernoca said:
As far as I know, there's no way for Microsoft to know who installed the leaked NXE; hence there's no way for them to ban specific users..since the users that installed it, all appear as if they were offline since the day it was installed (it doesn't say Offline, last seen on Nov. 10 installing the leaked NXE', unlike..let's say the folks that played the leaked Halo 3 copies..and were playing online which they can see as Offline, last seen playing Halo 3 on August 12 2008, when the game was planned to be released on September 2008.. [which is why many played the leaked Halo 3 offline, since you can still get achievements ..only with no date/stamp]

But I could be wrong, as always.. :p

Well, I guess they could go as far as to checking if you have the NXE already installed when you try and log onto live next. That NXE must be an old version, so it will have a different number to the version they roll out to everyone. So they'll probably be able to check if you have the old version, then check that against your machine to see were in the NXE preview crew.

I think it's very possible, but I already did it on my machine, and I doubt I'll get a perma-ban for installing something being made avaliable for free later on.

Top Bottom