• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360 NXE Dashboard Leaked to the Net!!! But theres a problem

So I download the thing, and it says it wants to update, but when it tries to connect online to finish the install, for some reason it craps out and says my network connection is poo. The same connection that downloads fine and plays fine. I guess I can wait a week, but if anybody else knows how to fix this, I will thank them by, oh I don't know, playing back up in whatever flamewar they start next.

Wolves Evolve said:
So I download the thing, and it says it wants to update, but when it tries to connect online to finish the install, for some reason it craps out and says my network connection is poo. The same connection that downloads fine and plays fine. I guess I can wait a week, but if anybody else knows how to fix this, I will thank them by, oh I don't know, playing back up in whatever flamewar they start next.

You're kidding, right?

You can't go online with it unless you've been officially selected for the preview program.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
The MS ban hammer has come out again for the holiday sales rush and nearly everyone with modded 360 is being banned.
No word yet if users with leaked NXE are being banned also, yet..

navanman said:
No word yet if users with leaked NXE are being banned also, yet..

The new Ban Wave isn't affecting people who installed the Leaked NXE (Unless they had a modded firmware and played a bad rip before installing it of course)

dak1dsk1

Banned
I'm wondering... If you could rent a game, install it to HDD, boot the game at get beyond the dvd-check, the *somehow* peel the game out - witout the drivetray opening, and return it to the place of rental. Then you could just leave the machine on, until you finish the game.

dak1dsk1 said:
I'm wondering... If you could rent a game, install it to HDD, boot the game at get beyond the dvd-check, the *somehow* peel the game out - witout the drivetray opening, and return it to the place of rental. Then you could just leave the machine on, until you finish the game.
There's some SERIOUSLY cheap people in the world. For all the hassle you could just pay for a slightly longer rental if you were so inclined.

Waikis

MiloFoxburr said:
The new Ban Wave isn't affecting people who installed the Leaked NXE (Unless they had a modded firmware and played a bad rip before installing it of course)

New banwave? ahaha time to read xbox-scene forums.

dak1dsk1 said:

I highly doubt it, and would it be worth the fucking hassel lol. Whenever you try to remove the disc it boots you to dash so unless youve got a hole cut into the top of your console or something its highly doubtful it would work.:lol

Sean

Banned
Wolves Evolve said:

You're not supposed to (not allowed to) connect to Xbox Live with the leaked version. Just install it with your ethernet or wifi adapter unplugged.

itxaka

Defeatist
MiloFoxburr said:

There is no way to test it as users with NXE cannot connect to xbox live so they won't know if they are banned.

Not that I think that MS is gonna ban anyone for using the NXE. It's kind of stupid :)

Bu-bu-bu but I only did it so I can backup my games!!

As well as being banned I think they should suffer the ignominy of having a pink-bannered XBL gamertag. I mean, 360 owners are already feeling the threat to their masculinity from avatars, imagine what giving them a XBL Pink account would do to them.

:p

Ephemeris

itxaka said:
There is no way to test it as users with NXE cannot connect to xbox live so they won't know if they are banned.

Not so. You could still run the network test if memory serves.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
So I'm going away till the 19th, and I'm thinking of doing this on my Arcade 360 that I dont use much... should I install?

VOOK said:
So I'm going away till the 19th, and I'm thinking of doing this on my Arcade 360 that I dont use much... should I install?

If you don't need LIVE right now...I'd say it's totally worth it

Sectus

sionyboy said:

As well as being banned I think they should suffer the ignominy of having a pink-bannered XBL gamertag. I mean, 360 owners are already feeling the threat to their masculinity from avatars, imagine what giving them a XBL Pink account would do to them.

That would be totally unfair. I would want a pink gamertag! I'm already envious of my brother's pink PS2. It looks so awesome.

Nif

VOOK said:

If you're going away, you might as well wait. ;) Plus, it doesn't really do much offline if you don't have a hard drive.

Dina

sionyboy said:

It's a funny thought, but they ban your account, meaning you can't go online anymore, meaning no one will see your pink account online. And I have a hunch most pirates will not give a damn if their solo, XboxLive-less account has a pink gamertag.

Dina said:
It's a funny thought, but they ban your account, meaning you can't go online anymore, meaning no one will see your pink account online. And I have a hunch most pirates will not give a damn if their solo, XboxLive-less account has a pink gamertag.
Turn the entire dashboard pink and flowery as one last act before they're kicked off the network. :D

itxaka

Defeatist
Dina said:

I thougth they banned the console, and you could use your account somewhere else.

Didn't MS said that they were gonna mark cheaters with something on their profile some time ago? Or was it some kind of april's fool?

painey

Dina said:

they dont ban the account, they ban the 360. That way the pirates with a banned console go and buy a new one, and continue to pay MS for gold memberships. MS profits from pirates.

itxaka said:
Didn't MS said that they were gonna mark cheaters with something on their profile some time ago? Or was it some kind of april's fool?

I think they said they were planning to mark the accounts of gamers who cheat to get a high gamerscore...something along the lines of "Sad Wanker" would suffice. :p

When I have gears2 inserted in the 360 the dashobard just represents the game as a small tiny square at the bottom corner of the larger box, I thought it was supposed to take up the entire box?

itxaka

Defeatist
Ken Masters said:
When I have gears2 inserted in the 360 the dashobard just represents the game as a small tiny square at the bottom corner of the larger box, I thought it was supposed to take up the entire box?

I think it downloads the art from xbox live.

For a sec I thought what the hell, I'll install Gears 2 to the HDD just for online.

Then I realized that some of my friends aren't doing the installs and we'll always be waiting for their slow loads anyway.

Wark

Wolves Evolve said:

Are you installing from a USB flash drive? Make sure you are putting the $SystemUpdate folder in the root of the CD/flash drive. I had the same problem, but then I discovered the problem I had was that the flash drive was FAT so I converted it to FAT32.

itxaka

Defeatist
Wark said:
Are you installing from a USB flash drive? Make sure you are putting the $SystemUpdate folder in the root of the CD/flash drive. I had the same problem, but then I discovered the problem I had was that the flash drive was FAT so I converted it to FAT32.

Mmmh, I believe he is using the old one, that needed to download things from xbox live.

New one doesn't ask/connect to xbox live

mollipen

Sectus said:
That would be totally unfair. I would want a pink gamertag! I'm already envious of my brother's pink PS2. It looks so awesome.

Owning one of those pink PS2s (if we're thinking the same one), I have to say the thrill quickly wears off. It's a really terrible shade of pink (a "Pepto" shade), and it didn't take me long to come to terms with just how ugly it is.

If it was a nicer shade of pink (like the old DS Phat pink), I'd be much happier with it. As it stands now, though, I wish I had one of the newer style white PSTwos instead.

Sanjuro

To be fair I'm not as worried about load times as they have been around and expected for years. The benefits of this are for some games to be optimized for this and to reduce stress to the disc drive.

ACH1LL3US

Can anyone install Need For Speed Most wanted and see how it runs on the hard drive?? This game streams from the dvd big time, Im wondering if the game would be any smoother because of it :) ???

can you instal arcade games to the Hard Drive and play those without a disc in the tray?
I have my compilation disc that comes with the Arcade console and it would be great if I could permanently install Pac Man CE to the Hard Drive without throwing the disc in.
Anyone know about this?? I know for full games you need the disc in the tray but what about the compilation discs???

angelfly

TuSeiSkeefoso said:
can you instal arcade games to the Hard Drive and play those without a disc in the tray?
I have my compilation disc that comes with the Arcade console and it would be great if I could permanently install Pac Man CE to the Hard Drive without throwing the disc in.
Anyone know about this?? I know for full games you need the disc in the tray but what about the compilation discs???

It'll work the same as any other retail disc. You'll still need the disc in the 360.

Rhindle

SanjuroTsubaki said:
To be fair I'm not as worried about load times as they have been around and expected for years. The benefits of this are for some games to be optimized for this and to reduce stress to the disc drive.
And more importantly, the dramatic noise reduction.

Installed this morning, is the update for the avatars available somewhere on the web? If so, can someone please PM me a direction to explore? Thanks!

Shawnwhann said:
Installed this morning, is the update for the avatars available somewhere on the web? If so, can someone please PM me a direction to explore? Thanks!

Nope, you gotta wait for the 19th for that.

Anyways, moral of the Eurogamer story: Don't install Halo 3, 120gb has slight advantage over 20gb in terms of loading, and if you have the Orange Box, install that shit! :D

Meier

I wish someone would do a Forza 2 comparison and confirm I'm not crazy... the load times seem drastically reduced but it could be placebo.

Meier said:
I wish someone would do a Forza 2 comparison and confirm I'm not crazy... the load times seem drastically reduced but it could be placebo.

Perception = reality :D

If you think it's faster, then they've done well.

Also, why don't you just get a stopwatch and do it yourself?

dak1dsk1

Banned
It's a darn shame they don't allow you to install old xbox games. It would save wear and tear on the drive. (not to mention the noise). I see no reason why they wouldn't do this?

fernoca

Unregistered007 said:
did anyone checked on live if they got banned for using leaked version ? I am scared.
This will only be known after November 19. As of right now everyone that instalde the leak, apepars as "Offline since (the date it was installed)"...the gamertags per se hasn't been banned since you can't still log-in to the site and other Microsft/Live websites with no problems.

Top Bottom