• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xboxgaf: How are you enjoying Deathloop?

How are you enjoying Deathloop/what console are you playing on?

• Loving it (XsX)

Votes: 35 32.7%
  • It's Okay (XsX)

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • Not My Cup of Tea (XsX)

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Loving it (XSS)

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • It's Okay (XSS)

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Not My Cup of Tea (XSS)

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Loving it (Xcloud)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • It's Okay (Xcloud)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Not My Cup of Tea (Xcloud)

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters
Deathloop was my favorite game last year and due to it's weird place as an Xstudios game on ps5 I think it wasn't given a fair shake by fans. Now that it's on it's home publisher console I wonder how you feel about it. I think it has some of the best level design in gaming and is an underrated graphical showcase environmentally and weapons wise. I'd love to hear your take. I'm also pretty impressed with how they recreated the feel of the duelsense with the rumble, that was one of the biggest surprises imo.
deathloop-hands-on-preview-patterns-of-violence-power.jpg

deathloop-review-14.jpg

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
I’ve only just started it. I like the little I’ve played though. It seems a bit heavy on the voice acting/banter but it haven’t annoyed thus far so I’ll keep at it.

Pretty amazing (XSX) - been my most used machine this generation so far thanks to Game Pass and its power. Instant resume is phenomenal.

EDIT - I am an idiot I thought this was a question about whether I am enjoying Xbox Series X or not so far because i only saw the XboxGaf part. Didn't see the Deathloop part. I haven't played that game and have no desire too lol. So ignore this post I guess.

Last edited:

Banned
I mean I played it on PS5 and PC already, and it's ok I guess... I still haven't finished it, but might actually try to now that they FINALLY... AFTER A FUCKING YEAR fixed the controller aiming.

I could have played it on Steam on a mouse, but I don't own it there and only have access through a friend's family share, which can get annoying since that kicks you as soon as the other person is doing something on Steam

Last edited:

Banned
yeah i could tell you'd be the type of person to be all over controller aiming of all things lmaooooo

it was a fucking joke on controller, like AWFUL, but with the Xbox release a new patch came that fixed all of the issues by giving a ton more options that can turn off all that sucked about the aiming...
all the issues other people on here gave me a hard time for pointing them out btw... weird how they PATCHED IT when there wasn't an issue according to those casuals :pie_thinking:

Last edited:
hey they added it to PS Plus on the same day as GamePass. Im playing it there just to see if there was dualsense stuff. Even tho i vastly prefer Xbox elite controller for an FPS game.

I played like almost an hour? Premise and story are intriguing. So far im kinda bored. Its a little stealth heavy and i wasn't in the mood for stealth at the time i guess. art direction is good. i like the look of the characters and weapons. My fave part so far is the 70s spy movie aesthetic

hey they added it to PS Plus on the same day as GamePass. Im playing it there just to see if there was dualsense stuff. Even tho i vastly prefer Xbox elite controller for an FPS game.

I played like almost an hour? Premise and story are intriguing. So far im kinda bored. Its a little stealth heavy and i wasn't in the mood for stealth at the time i guess. art direction is good. i like the look of the characters and weapons. My fave part so far is the 70s spy movie aesthetic

Might give it a go myself. I'm burned out on Division 2 and sick of Cold War.

See, that's the beauty of subscription services. If you want to try something, subscribe for like 20 bucks.

Roberts

Liked it from a get-go, but loving it now after playing it for 6 hours or so. So confident in being what it wants to be - sharp, funny, weird, unusual. My only criticism is enemy AI: Sometimes it is functional, sometimes oof.

Last edited:
The AI is so fucking bad that there's basically 0 worry when you break stealth.
It's probably the same AI as Dishonored and the same way to deal with.

By repetition you learn a pattern and manage to sidestep it "easily". But you have to learn the pattern. If you were to run through Disnohored levels one time in one try the AI would be "good" compared to most games.

They just turned the stealth completionist method of reloading a save into a game where you don't need to reload but go back to the situation regardless. It's a clever byproduct. But yeah.

Banjo64

cumsessed
This thread is strangely missing a lot of the Xbox stans who’ve been bigging up this game’s addition to GP for the last year…

nikolino840

I don't know what to do...i remember something like hitman that you can poison food watching the routine of the enemy or if you know that someone open a gate in the afternoon but how to go there in the afternoon?
For now i'm playing like disonhored...finishing the map with stealth and weapons

GymWolf

It is the worst arkane game since dark messiah without a shadow of doubt (although i personally liked it more than prey because i hated the aliens in that game), but still pretty good and with the usual god tier level design.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Really looking forward to getting round to this after Ni No Kuni, as I'm going to need different games as breaks between all the jrpgs coming out :)

(Not voted obviously)

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm on pc gamepass. It's goooood. Love the vibe, the voice acting and everything about it so far.

It's a bit hand holdy, a lot more than I expected but having a blast so far.

The real question is how many people are playing metal hellslinger....coz that is an incredible game pass get!

Ceadeus

Gold Member
It looks awesome tbh, I might get it on PS5 instead of the XSS for better resolution. Even though it runs 1080p60fps on the XSS which is really cool. It really is a surprising little machine!

Spyxos

Gold Member
I just got the refugium upgrade. It is very confusing. Why does it often just end? Nothing really happened and this loop is over and i lost all of my stuff, but i didn't die. So far, I don't think it's too great.

daninthemix

I don't like the game but I play it anyway because I'm depriving Sony of an exclusive by doing so.

** actually I played it a year ago on PC. It's a'ight.

Markio128

I'm on pc gamepass. It's goooood. Love the vibe, the voice acting and everything about it so far.

It's a bit hand holdy, a lot more than I expected but having a blast so far.

The real question is how many people are playing metal hellslinger....coz that is an incredible game pass get!
The first couple of hours are a little hand holdy, but then it yanks the reigns away, and strangely enough, that is when I stopped enjoying the game.

BlackTron

it was a fucking joke on controller, like AWFUL, but with the Xbox release a new patch came that fixed all of the issues by giving a ton more options that can turn off all that sucked about the aiming...
all the issues other people on here gave me a hard time for pointing them out btw... weird how they PATCHED IT when there wasn't an issue according to those casuals :pie_thinking:

This is big news to me. A good opportunity to see if I can ever go back to FPS on a controller if you are saying the software side problems have been eliminated here.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It's a good game, but not my favorite Arkane game.

That honor belongs to Prey 2017.

MarkMe2525

I have been really into it. Favorite game so far this year. I only have a few more leads to complete in single-player, and just experienced the fun of playing as Julianna last night.

It's very fun to toy with Colt and not go in guns blazing. The only issue with the multi-player is the person playing as Julianna takes 100% of the network issues and corrections. I understand why they do this as it would be awkward to be lagging when playing in the single player mode. But as a result of this, if I am playing against a Colt who lives far away from me, I almost stand no chance.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Tried it for about an hour. It's weird and not in an interesting way.

AJUMP23

It is ok. It is a weird game.

I may move onto ship breakers.

I have killed 2 visionaries. The music one has this annoying song that plays constantly.

Top Bottom