• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM 2 |OT| Be Aggressive! Be Be Aggressive!

I pre-ordered the physical PC copy from Amazon and it hasn't shipped yet.

tumblr_mldfv2jD5G1rvnnvyo8_250.gif

slash3584

No matter what I do I keep getting pre-loading complete;unreleased :(

I'm using VyprVpn and this is what I'm doing:

Exit Steam
Turn on the VPN with Melbourne as location.
Enter Steam.

Any tips?

Sblargh

Banned
Unpacking almost complete.
If I disappear, assume my commander decided to take the risk and made me run through overwatch.

Tworak

No matter what I do I keep getting pre-loading complete;unreleased :(

I'm using VyprVpn and this is what I'm doing:

Exit Steam
Turn on the VPN with Melbourne as location.
Enter Steam.

Any tips?
I had that problem with fallout 4. if I recall I just kept retrying (and also rebooted after installing vypr)

Pheace

Everybody else is unpacking, and I'm still in class.

And it's gonna take so many hours to download...

Glad I have a good line. I actually just deleted my preload to reinstall it to my SSD (rather than SteamMove it, not sure if that would affect the unpacking time). Looks to be ~ 1 hours

B00TE

Game was running pretty poorly at Max settings, turned it to high and borderless windowed and back to 60 FPS. (At the main menu/character screen anyway)

Still making characters, this may become a problem.

Moss

I used to be able to unlock with flyvpn, but sadly this has stopped working for some reason. I guess I will wait until the morning.

Brokun

We in there.

Is this true to life or did you fantasize the hell out of him?

I always get a kick of trying to recreate my friends, family, and coworkers. Obviously in Xcom 1 the options were limited, but I'm looking forward to cutting loose here. Can you make overweight soldiers? lol

ViviOggi

So apparently you can only go Ironman when you disable the tutorial, I guess otherwise it'll ask again once you've finished it

Tecnniqe

Banned
Comes up as not valid. Looks like it expired?

This doesn't seem to be valid anymore?

Really? I used it today, and its still on the frontpage for me.

Edit: 25min ago the posted GREENM-ANGAME-25PJAN code saying to use it to discount Tomb Raider so code should still work. Try removing the last letter and type it again. Im not sure why it wont work unless they removed it from XCOM recently. 20% code on mainpage should still work regardless.

B00TE

Is this true to life or did you fantasize the hell out of him?

I always get a kick of trying to recreate my friends, family, and coworkers. Obviously in Xcom 1 the options were limited, but I'm looking forward to cutting loose here. Can you make overweight soldiers? lol

This was based off a character from a friends recent campaign in EU that he made for me. Remaking a few of them now, so many goofy fun backstories to be had and I'm happy there's actually a place for them now. Don't think you can adjust weight, but some of the initial armor can make you look a little bit bigger, but not by much.

Really? I used it today, and its still on the frontpage for me.

Edit: 25min ago the posted GREENM-ANGAME-25PJAN code saying to use it to discount Tomb Raider so code should still work. Try removing the last letter and type it again. Im not sure why it wont work unless they removed it from XCOM recently. 20% code on mainpage should still work regardless.
Hm, I think it's not valid in NA maybe. The 23% deluxe one works.

So apparently you can only go Ironman when you disable the tutorial, I guess otherwise it'll ask again once you've finished it
Is the tutorial like EU where it actually gimps you if you do it meaning it's best to play it the exit and start a new game without it enabled?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Perhaps its since the game released in Asia? idk, you could try reach out to them, they might hook you up with a code that works.

Never had that issue.

20% and 23% off the DD should work regardless.

Seth

for the 2 people who might have wondered.. the codes from cdkeys seem to be fine for mac users. i was able to use the code and download the game, it didn't warn me that it wasn't compatible or anything. so i guess its fine.

People are saying the max resolution is 1080p. Is that the case? Have they fucked up that bad?

I have custom resolutions up to 4k via the nvidia control panel. The game is only showing up to 1080p. So, maybe.

Also, the game runs poorly as was mentioned before release. Definitely needs to be improved on that front.

Papilloma

I have custom resolutions up to 4k via the nvidia control panel. The game is only showing up to 1080p. So, maybe.

Also, the game runs poorly as was mentioned before release. Definitely needs to be improved on that front.

No, higher resolutions definitely available.

ISee

People are saying the max resolution is 1080p. Is that the case? Have they fucked up that bad?

For custom resolutions:
Quiet the game, set you windows resolution to whatever you want the ingame resolution to be. Restart the game and set screen mode to fullscreen.

At least this worked for me.

Switzer

Ninety-Five Canadian Funbucks for the deluxe edition, goddammit why must our dollar suck so bad.

Nonetheless I'm hyped AF.

Moff

Nope, mine running at 1440p

that's odd, I can't choose anything higher than 1080p
1440 is my native resolution

edit: it worked after simply restarting the game
I had the same issue with tomb raider btw.
on the first startup none of the 1080+ resolutions were available

Top Bottom