• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch) is on the NA Press Site, PR and HQ screens in OP 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimrpg

Highly doubt it. Nintendo bailed on the Wii U last year and it's a good thing they didn't can the Wii U version of Zelda to try and push more people to buy the Switch.

Yeah... I don't think I'll be getting the Switch for just one game. There hasn't been anything announced that I'm really interested in besides Xenoblade 2. That was the biggest surprise considering the other games came kind of late in the Wii and Wii U.

A lot of the other games seem like remakes or ports of the Wii U versions like Mario Kart, Smash, Splatoon.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I don't know. I kind of prefer the style of Xenoblade X more than this. I don't like the anime like characters. But we'll see closer to the release.

This game looks far less ambitious than XCX.

Well wasn't there an interview or something about how the focus on Xenoblade X was about building an open world and the gameplay side of things. With Xenoblade X giving them a base to work with, they can go back to focusing more on story and characters.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Expected a port of X, or an HD remake of the original... but an all-new Xenoblade adventure? YES!!! Great news!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Well wasn't there an interview or something about how the focus on Xenoblade X was about building an open world and the gameplay side of things. With Xenoblade X giving them a base to work with, they can go back to focusing more on story and characters.

and it was also to get used to developing games in HD

bomblord1

Banned
5maai4g.png

wzzsyb0zv3kil9riferg.jpg

WOW!

Lynn was right the face tragedy was not repeated.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So this has multiple composers?? I wonder how much Mitsuda is contributing. (Please be most of the tracks.)

Wasn't that the case in the first Xenoblade? Mitsuda did like one track for that, and ACE handled most of the rest, and it was amazing.

The soundtrack doesn't seem like a concern, now that Sawano's out.

Vic_Viper

some of the character models look ok but then others like the main character just look like trash. Who decided it was a good idea to change the art style? I mean wtf happened to the art design? It doesnt resemble the other 2 games at all accept for minor stuff like the girls armor in the trailer. This must be them trying to appeal to a younger audience in Japan.

Instro

some of the character models look ok but then others like the main character just look like trash. Who decided it was a good idea to change the art style? I mean wtf happened to the art design? It doesnt resemble the other 2 games at all accept for minor stuff like the girls armor in the trailer. This must be them trying to appeal to a younger audience in Japan.

The character models in the previous two games were awful so thats probably why.

GunBR

Xenoblade was great (never played XCX) and I'm excited about this one, but I would really love to see Takahashi-san going back to the crazy stories like the ones of Xenogears and Xenosaga

Rckstar

Xenoblade always looked generic but once you play it you know it isn't.

Well XC wasn't the most original but this one going 100% anime just doesn't click for me.

Cell shaded graphics allow for so much awesome stuff... why go full generic modern anime?

Hope they announce some mechs. The only way this game could be saved for me.

WOW!

Lynn was right the face tragedy was not repeated.

I know, the models alone are LEAPS and bounds better. Design and model-wise (though Elma was cool-looking).

XBC2 is pretty close to being my game of the show, I mean so what you don't have Skells (that we know of)? The game just looks outstanding and finally we get the true Xenoblade Chronicles 2, hopefully meaning Shulk, Reyn, and others are part of the story in some fashion (of course the possible time skip could determine if that happens or not).

Another curious thing; no battle scenes, weird. I'd assume it's yet again using the same system, which here is fine, just wasn't fond of X originally being billed as a new IP (the name teasing implied this also I think), only for it to be a XB game but also use the same battle system. It didn't know if it wanted to be a new IP or not IMO.

Clov

I'm really surprised that this is coming out so soon. It looks great, though! Too bad there's no Skells; while I didn't enjoy Xenoblade X as much as the original, I had so much fun just flying around in my Skell.

mcmmaster

My dick is mostly hard because ACE is back for the music, the soundtrack to the original Xenoblade was phenomenal and i'm glad they've brought them back.

Scrawnton

Well XC wasn't the most original but this one going 100% anime just doesn't click for me.

Cell shaded graphics allow for so much awesome stuff... why go full generic modern anime?

Hope they announce some mechs. The only way this game could be saved for me.
Because everyone complained about the faces and bland characters so they went full on anime characters.

Pandy

Wasn't that the case in the first Xenoblade? Mitsuda did like one track for that, and ACE handled most of the rest, and it was amazing.

I'm actually totally getting into the XCX soundtrack now, after dozens of hours. Going to pick up the CDs.

That said, the XCX soundtrack is good, but the XC soundtrack is one of the best video game soundtracks of all time. More ACE is not going to be a bad thing.

If it doesn't release in 2017, good... They have some work to do. That framerate looked choppy as fuck in the footage they showed last night.

Soriku

So this has multiple composers?? I wonder how much Mitsuda is contributing. (Please be most of the tracks.)

If it's like Xenoblade 1 then Ace and Kiyota will handle most of the tracks, and Mitsuda will do like one...or a few. But Ace and Kiyota are awesome.

wildfire

Banned
UK wasn't wrong about their intentions after all? I still think this will get pushed back but this is good new if the pull it off.

Hmm, this throws me for a loop on the Xenoblade x port rumour if it's due for 2017. I was holding off a XCX replay for the switch and now I'm sure what to do Hah. Would love if this was 2017 anyway

If it's like Xenoblade 1 then Ace and Kiyota will handle most of the tracks, and Mitsuda will do like one...or a few. But Ace and Kiyota are awesome.

Y'know what, you guys are right.

Waji

I just want the Japanese version in 2017, please.
Though I hope for western buyers to get it fast enough too.

arlucool

Did someone else got Skies of Arcadia vibes after watching the trailer? Like, some scenes in the sky on some sort of... city, and the generic anime look.

Jawmuncher

Would be nice if it's 2017 worldwide. Even if not 2017 same date. But as many said, if this even hits in 2017 will probably be only in japan.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Would be nice if it's 2017 worldwide. Even if not 2017 same date. But as many said, if this even hits in 2017 will probably be only in japan.

Which would still be okay with me since the system isn't region locked

rhandino

Banned
Did someone else got Skies of Arcadia vibes after watching the trailer? Like, some scenes in the sky on some sort of... city, and the generic anime look.
Yes,

I said it before but I think this game is going to be a bunch of floating islands/continents and you will travel using some kind of mount/ship. Mostly because that helmet thing the protagonist has in his suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom