• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D: JP livestream on March 28th

L~A

Damn, messed up the recording of the Gaur Plains theme :(

Oh well, gonna have to wait for this one.

aKezJvY.png

J0dy77

How did the game look? Wasn't able to catch the stream. I'm worried about how they had to overcome lesser hardware to make it fit on the 3ds and use 3D.

L~A

Those Who Bear Their Name: YouTube (yeah, I started one half-second too late, so the start is a bit abrupt, ha ha).

Gonna have better recordings whenever Timeshift is live.

vareon

How did the game look? Wasn't able to catch the stream. I'm worried about how they had to overcome lesser hardware to make it fit on the 3ds and use 3D.

From what I see (and hear from others) textures are worse but not that noticeable in smaller screen. They seem to focus on preserving performance and sense of scale in the port.

TheMoon

It looked the same as every other time we've seen direct-feed video of a 3DS game blown up on our computer screens.

L~A

Ok, re-recorded everything, it's now uploading... should be live in a few minutes.

(If only I had thought of doing that with the Zelda concert :()

Overside

Banned

It looks identical to the wii version.

If the wii version was reduced to 240x800, and then cut in half again to 240x400, and filled in the missing lines with doubles, and then blown up several times for a compressed web stream.

Man, makes me wish for a live performance of the whole soundtrack. That would be really daunting though... Haha. I'll probably be listening to this throughout the day and, then, playing the soundtrack. Xenoblade Chronicles has my favorite video game OST after all.

A decent number of Xenoblade tracks were played in at least one Press Start Symphony in Japan but they were never recorded.

TheMoon

I think I'll just make the OT a celebration/collection of stuff like these music links. Xenoblade circlejerk thread :D

This is slightly off topic, but I just noticed the way Nintendo of America is marketing the game. Two quotes from the site:
Discover Shulk's origin in this acclaimed RPG

Then under Shulk's character bio:
You may know him from the Super Smash Bros. series. Now see how Shulk got his start.

I get that they're trying to ride Shulk's appearance in Smash Bros. to market the game, but something about it feels strange when the Wii version still saw a release in North America. It was incredibly limited and a retailer exclusive so it makes sense, but they also just removed the North American site for the Wii release of the game. It's almost like they're trying to pretend that the Wii version was never released over here and that this is almost a brand new game for North America.

They're even using it for the in-store advertising.

tumblr_nlxybsqUIs1r2dijno1_540.jpg

wmlk

This is slightly off topic, but I just noticed the way Nintendo of America is marketing the game. Two quotes from the site:

Then under Shulk's character bio:

I get that they're trying to ride Shulk's appearance in Smash Bros. to market the game, but something about it feels strange when the Wii version still saw a release in North America. It was incredibly limited and a retailer exclusive so it makes sense, but they also just removed the North American site for the Wii release of the game. It's almost like they're trying to pretend that the Wii version was never released over here and that this is almost a brand new game for North America.

They're even using it for the in-store advertising.

tumblr_nlxybsqUIs1r2dijno1_540.jpg

I don't know, this doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. It only makes sense to brand it like this.

I don't think most people who played the new Smash really know who Shulk was. It's better to attract a new audience instead of branding it towards people who already played the game.

I don't know, this doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. It only makes sense to brand it like this.

I don't think most people who played the new Smash really know who Shulk was. It's better to attract a new audience instead of branding it towards people who already played the game.

I get what you're saying and the port's definitely being marketed towards newcomers since it doesn't have any changes or additions from the original release. Still, though, something about it feels a bit silly when the marketing seems to imply nobody in North America knows about anything related to Xenoblade or Shulk outside of Smash Bros. =p

Top Bottom