• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D: reviews thread

Mr-Joker

Banned
I glad it's getting good review and hopefully more people will get into the series and buy Xenoblade X.

As for me however I will just stick with the superior Wii version.

Guess I will have to get over hearing "This is the Manado's Power!" over and over.

It's less annoying with the Japanese audio but that isn't in the 3DS version.

I was really hoping Nintendo was going to release the OG version with this game in NA. I just don't get why Nintendo always makes things so difficult.

These reviews are slightly disappointing so far. I own the original on the Wii but I was looking forward to having something to make use of the New 3DS, maybe I'll just play the Wii version.

I was really hoping Nintendo was going to release the OG version with this game in NA. I just don't get why Nintendo always makes things so difficult.

You were hoping that Nintendo would re-release a cheaper version of the same game and undercut the sales of the N3DS and the game's brand-new port?

Give it a few months.

These reviews are slightly disappointing so far. I own the original on the Wii but I was looking forward to having something to make use of the New 3DS, maybe I'll just play the Wii version.

Reviews sound absolutely fine. It's the same game with decreased graphical fidelity. If you want Xenoblade on the go, get it. If not, stick with the console version.

Honestly, the n3DS is going to need a bit more than Xenoblade to get me to bite. Holding out for WiiU eShop release of the Wii game.

why exactly are you disappointed with 9/10's? thats usually the highest score a handheld game can get for the last 10 years

I am not seeing what could be disappointing. Sounds like everyone is recommending it. Decreased graphical fidelity was a given.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
The battle system looks sooooooo bad. Holy shit. =/

battle system is identical to the Wii version. and I was surprised by how it still work on the smaller portable screens.
What do you dislike about it? I think it was a very good BS, honestly. I'd also say that is one of the few cases where I was looking to battle against monsters because of the pleasure of the BS.

How can those reviews being disappointing? 8s...9s...
It is a port, from home to portable, so yes: if you already enjoyed the game on the Wii there is no reason to play it again. Apart the pleasure of doing so, because it's a great game.
It exploits the N3ds in terms of CPU (I struggle to see such a massive game on the older version), with good looking locations, stable framerate, good loading times. It exploits the N3ds for the second "analog" thumb: it is gret to move the camera during both exploration and fights. It exploit the second screen putting there map and party members status, in order to clear a little bit the upper screen. It has also gallery mode and OST mode, and who loved Xenobalde should know how good those additions can be.

iammeiam

Tentatively looking forward to this--I have the Wii version and enjoyed what I played of it, but drifted from it. I'm hoping the handheld aspect gets me to stick with it this time--glad to hear it's a serviceable port, even if te Wii version is better.

I own the Wii version and have a very capable system that can run dolphin. And, yet, I still have not touched the game (for a multitude of reasons). However, most of my gaming these days is on a portable and I am glad this port seems to be a very solid endeavor. The fact alone that you can have such a sizable game in your pocket is awesome.

Grief.exe

Pretty much what we expected.

It may be inferior to the Wii version, and far below Dolphin emulation, but portable Xenoblade is worth something.

Sterok

Seems like the main thing they don't like about this is that it's on a handheld. Which is annoying, but whatever. Sounds like a solid port of a great game. I'm sticking with my Wii version, but hopefully this gets a lot more people to try it out.

How can those reviews being disappointing? 8s...9s...
It is a port, from home to portable, so yes: if you already enjoyed the game on the Wii there is no reason to play it again. Apart the pleasure of doing so, because it's a great game..

I am not seeing what could be disappointing. Sounds like everyone is recommending it. Decreased graphical fidelity was a given.

why exactly are you disappointed with 9/10's? thats usually the highest score a handheld game can get for the last 10 years

I only said I was a little disappointed. No doubt this is still a great game but I was hoping for something to make this new version more essential. For example, most people would recommend playing Persona 4: The Golden over the original.

Seems like they're reviewing the game itself more than the remaster quality =P

Anyway, good scores, as it should.

I would still recommend the Wii version (if Nintendo didn't make it so hard to get), but this seems to be an alright version.

Renewed

There's something I wonder about the gallery mode for character models: Are the models in higher quality as compared to in-game? Because there are details that I worry may be lost in the downscale.

JoeM86

My friend's review

Nintendo Insider - 9/10
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D delivers a welcome chance to experience a game, whether for the first time or as a repeated journey, that undeniably helped to redefine the Japanese RPG genre. Whether to explore the world, experience its gripping storyline, revel in battle or all of the above, it’s a reminder of a game that will forever stand the test of time.

Griss

The game is so jaw-droppingly good (and so reliant on those massive, awe-inspiring vistas) that I can't understand playing it for the first time on a 3DS, I just can't. As a replay, sure I get it. But as your first experience of this classic? No.

Great reviews so far, though.

The game is so jaw-droppingly good (and so reliant on those massive, awe-inspiring vistas) that I can't understand playing it for the first time on a 3DS, I just can't. As a replay, sure I get it. But as your first experience of this classic? No.

Likely the only option for many. I'd say it's better than not experiencing it at all.

Great reviews, but I think I'll pass since I don't play JRPGs anymore. I don't have the time for them and am not particularly great at grinding to level up.

I own the Wii version but I just don't see me completing a 60+ hour game using a wii mote on my Wii U. I think having it on a portable will increase the likelihood of completing before the next game gets released on the Wii U

Grief.exe

I own the Wii version but I just don't see me completing a 60+ hour game using a wii mote on my Wii U. I think having it on a portable will increase the likelihood of completing before the next game gets released on the Wii U

Xenoblade was meant to be played with the pro controller.

Being able to put the game to sleep and pick it up at any time is a great feature to have for long RPGs like this one. It's certainly the reason I look forward to it on the 3ds

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Nice reviews. Getting this along with MH4 and a N3DSXL next week, yay!

Too bad I'm stuck with Bloodborne for a while from now on.

Never played It on Wii, but have the new 3ds and not willing to shell out like £40 just for a used wii copy and having this on the go with suspend/resume is a treat for me. Excited to sink my teeth into it!

The port sounds decent, so I'll treat myself with this version as a birthday gift. I really wouldn't be into completing the game if I had the Wii version since the game is too long for me to sit around and play on a console.

OnADock

Banned
I think everyone knew this would be the inferior version just due to the graphical limitations of the new 3ds, but I'm glad to see the port is good outside of the 3d being lackluster.

True but the N3DS is worth buying for the super stable 3D and faster eShop/downloads alone. At least it is for someone who uses their 3DS a lot.
Mostly depends on how much you value money. The tweaks aren't worth say $200 to me. I splurged for the n3DS regular because it was something I wanted.

GeekyDad

True but the N3DS is worth buying for the super stable 3D and faster eShop/downloads alone. At least it is for someone who uses their 3DS a lot.

Just don't understand why they went with that little nub instead of simply adding a right thumb pad like the CPP. But eh, that's for another thread...

Top Bottom