• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles is now $90 [pre-owned] at Gamestop

After playing through the game recently I would say it's worth it at that price. Incredible game that shouldn't be missed for a JRPG fan. It's pretty gouged in price, but still lower than the lowest amazon shop seller price.

Zwei

Somehow, it had slipped my mind how rare/valuable Xenoblade became. It's time to check eBay once again for the lulz.

Astra

This is how I feel after having two copies of the game, one sealed.

birdman-rubbing-hands.gif

Whatever the opposite of that is, that is what I feel.

I bought the game when it came out but then decided to return it, since I already owned the PAL version and didn't see the point in having two. If only I knew then what I know now...

sublimit

Banned
Xenoblade's price will skyrocket once X is released.Better buy now people,IMO the game deserves every last penny.

Kater

Banned
That's pretty horrible. I hope it gets a re-release for the eShop with a more reasonable price.
I feel sorry for you Not-PAL GAFfers. :(

Paid $100 for this off Craigslist. Honestly, worth it, considering how rare it is. If you wanna talk about outrageous game prices, check out Panzer Dragoon Saga on ebay sometime...I'm still pissed at myself for not picking that up in the late 90s. >:0

McLovin

Isn't X a sequel to xenoblade? One of the Wii U's top anticipated games and yet they wont print out more discs of the original. I know lots of people that wont jump into a sequel if they never played the original.

Teknoman

This is how I feel after having two copies of the game, one sealed.

birdman-rubbing-hands.gif

lol this generation's Earthbound...except its actually rare.

To be fair, it was pretty widespread news to people who would even be remotely interested in the NA release that it would have a very limited release at only Gamestop and Nintendo.com

If you wanna talk about outrageous game prices, check out Panzer Dragoon Saga on ebay sometime...I'm still pissed at myself for not picking that up in the late 90s. >:0
Picked that one up for $160 or so off of eBay back in 2008. Glad I did; the prices are now closer to $300 or so.

Syril

this game is niche and is a niche seller. can't blame nintendo for not promoting it here.

Not promoting it is one thing, but when it goes for as much as does (a year and 4 months after release no less), there's clearly demand that's not being met. This is like with Disgaea 1 where it was a big sleeper hit and getting impossible to find really soon after it came out, except Atlus actually noticed and reprinted it before it could get out of hand.

Darryl

Banned
Isn't X a sequel to xenoblade? One of the Wii U's top anticipated games and yet they wont print out more discs of the original. I know lots of people that wont jump into a sequel if they never played the original.

most nintendo games aren't directly sequential, doubt this game will be any different

Teknoman

I bet you Wind Waker HD is going to become the next Metroid Prime Trilogy / Xenoblade in terms of prices. Just watch.

Nah, if anything it'll be Luigi U. I think thats supposed to be another limited physical?

Kirby collection hasnt gone anywhere, so i'm sure thats widely available. Dunno about the Mario all star disc.

Soulflarz

Banned
Right now im endlessly happy i have 2 friends i see a lot who both own this game and are willing to let me borrow it :')

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Me. Waggle Waggle Waggle. :p

umm... wtf? Prime Trilogy has possibly the best shooter controls of any game on the Wii? Infinitely better than ANY dual analog shooter controls since they've existed. Think the only Wii game that comes close is RE4Wii.

All of them are so far the closest thing you will have ever gotten to KB+M on consoles (well, aside from UT2006 on PS3 :p)

I'm glad I was smart enough to know that this would turn out to be rare and hard to find and bought it as soon as it came out. I remember I only picked it up a couple of weeks after it released and the store was full of copies.

Just really funny how it's super hard to find and over priced it is now. Now anyone who wants this game understands how I feel about missing out on Metroid Prime Trilogy!

coopolon

It's been this price for a few weeks now I think. I've been checking pretty regularly hoping one would go in stock within a hundred miles of me.

I hope Nintendo starts releasing wii games on wii-u and this game is one of the first they rerelease, good games should be readily available for everyone to play.

umm... wtf? Prime Trilogy has possibly the best shooter controls of any game on the Wii? Infinitely better than ANY dual analog shooter controls since they've existed. Think the only Wii game that comes close is RE4Wii.

All of them are so far the closest thing you will have ever gotten to KB+M on consoles (well, aside from UT2006 on PS3 :p)

Isn't move controls for games like killzone 3 and resistance 3 basically the same thing? I'm genuinely asking, I don't have a move but have considered getting one just for the few fps/tps that support it.

When looking for this game a few months back, it was inevitable, I couldn't find it anywhere and the closest Gamestop was 30 miles away for a used copy for $50 back then, so I said 'screw this'. Went online and bought brand new sealed PAL copy that came with the red classic controller pack-in for $89.99.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm thankful for my copy. I wonder how much it's gonna cost in a few years from now?

Provided Nintendo doesn't do a downloadable version of the game.

LTWood12

I seriously need to sell mine. There's no way I'll ever get around to playing it. I bought it new for $50 just last fall. I had no idea it was already so hard to find.

question - so i bought this new in gamestop hawaii a few months ago... its still in its shrinkwrap, but the shrinkwrap is more of a plastic sleeve not that tightly sealed shrinkwrap... i just looked at it sitting on my shelf and now the corners of the plastic are kind of puckering open - is that still brand new?! should i just play the damn game?

AniHawk

Paid $100 for this off Craigslist. Honestly, worth it, considering how rare it is. If you wanna talk about outrageous game prices, check out Panzer Dragoon Saga on ebay sometime...I'm still pissed at myself for not picking that up in the late 90s. >:0

after about a decade of wondering if i should pull the trigger, i finally got panzer dragoon saga last year as a gift. turns out that the $200-250 price range the game was going for just a year ago is inexpensive compared to where it is now. insanity.

i have a sealed pal xenoblade. i bought it after i figured it would never come to the states. i think as it was shipping, the north american release was announced.

Every now and then my brother asks me about it. Every now and then I have to tell him there's no way in hell I'm letting it out of my house.

Should have imported the Euro and kept the US sealed up, but whatever. Been noticing SMG2 prices going up too.

I bought my copy in the early 2000s for about $90...seemed expensive at the time... Though PDS might be an exceptional case due to the source code being lost. Presumably developers keep better track of source code now and a game as new as Xenoblade will be easier to re-release on a new platform than PDS.

Aru

I just sold my PAL copy for 30 € (but I'm getting less than that, because of PriceMinister's fees). I have no regrets, I'm done with this game. It was pretty good but damn that first half of the game was hard getting into.

I am just not a fan. I enjoyed Prime and Resident Evil 4 a lot more with the Wave bird.

Top Bottom